Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official THE GA][V][E Game Thread

Michigan should jump Cincy with this win. Much more impressive to win in the fashion they did over the #2 team in the country, than the Cincy win yesterday.

Michigan should jump cincinnati but I don't think it matters all that much. Cincinnati is real. Michigan still gave up almost 509 yards to osu and we all watched the game, that final was not as close as the game was.

Sorry I was not be around. I was driving during game

Listened to Brandstatter and Dierdorf. Last broadcast from Michigan stadium

Last edited:
Y'all have any gd idea how much I love going from expecting to be 7-5 to talking about playoffs? In a year where the number 1team's best win was against a 8-4 Clemson team?

I watched most of the Cincy-ECU game yesterday. Michigan would beat Cincy.

Don't take that for granted. That may well be the semi-final. And although I think UC has a weak rush defense, they have a 1st a d 4th-5th round pick on the corners.

UC has been bored, the same as Michigan was bored with Rutgers. That's not a homer take, either. UC is real and to think otherwise is foolish.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that was the biggest win for the Michigan football program this century.

Hell of an effort, one of the best I've seen. Props to the coaching staff and those players, they played a game they'll remember forever. I, like all of you, am walking on air tonight!!

Looking ahead too much here but if we win next week ...a #2 v #3 final 4 match up with Cincinnati would be awesome. We'd be the favorites probably by a touchdown.

Michigan scored 6 tds in 7 red zone chances. That's a winning formula. The only time they didn't score was the pick on the 2nd drive. I'll take 6 tds and a pick all day.

Looking ahead too much here but if we win next week ...a #2 v #3 final 4 match up with Cincinnati would be awesome. We'd be the favorites probably by a touchdown.

Dude, anyone that underestimates Cincinnati is a fool. That's a damn good football team.

Group of 5 hell. Cincinnati beat NDSucks like a drum. They held a SMU offense that averages nearly 500 yards a game to 99 yards through 3 quarters before they pulled their starters and they have a first round corner to lock down your no. 1. This isn't a typical Mac opponent you're talking about. They're a legit team that can play with anyone.

Just ask Georgia. UGA won their bowl game on a walk-off field goal. And everyone wants to say Georgia had a bunch of guys opt out of the bowl game. So that means their current players needed a last-second field goal to beat them.

Cincinnati isn't a pushover.

Harbaugh already working on next year. In response to a 'bulletin board material' question; "Some people standing on third base thinking they hit a triple. But they didn't."

I think Jesse Palmer is a payday whore since he does college football and every baking show, but he played QB at Florida so I trust his ability to analyze football. He said that Michigan's DBs did a great job during the game regardless of box score showing 400 yards passing for OSU. Every catch was contested. The defense isn't ready to compete for a super bowl, but they did enough to contain the best offense in the country to win by 2 scores.

They played the radio broadcast of the final play on The Final Drive. My God is Brandstatter god awful. Serviceable color guy, but horrible play by play guy. Glad it's his last year. His replacement has been needed for...........ever. I hope they get someone really good.

Back