Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official THE GA][V][E Game Thread

They played the radio broadcast of the final play on The Final Drive. My God is Brandstatter god awful. Serviceable color guy, but horrible play by play guy. Glad it's his last year. His replacement has been needed for...........ever. I hope they get someone really good.

Sack time!

He's terrible. Trying so hard to come up with a signature but his signature is being shit.

By the way, we had some big time recruits at the game. I really hope this game finally made a difference for the good guys.

Givee Connerly and Jackson and I'm good. Add Dione and that's even better. You put the 2 best high school corners in the country on this defense with JJ Mccarthy, Andrel Anthony and Donovan Edwards over the next 3 years.... Bruh we gonna win a Natty.

What?s really exciting is we ran the ball down their throats in the second half and Osu could not stop any running back. Line was fantastic!

What?s really exciting is we ran the ball down their throats in the second half and Osu could not stop any running back. Line was fantastic!

Yes they were. Everyone in the stadium and watching on TV knew what Michigan was going to do and OSU couldn't stop it. Very impressive for a group of linemen that everyone doubted and a running back with 1 other FBS offer.

Just saw this, Michigan scored a TD on every second half possession except for the victory formation to end the game and they did not have a single 3rd down snap in the second half. They had 24 snaps in the second half, all first or second down.

It was difficult to appreciate just how dominant they were in this game while waiting for the other shoe to drop, but they were without a doubt the better team and it wasn't even close. I'm not saying that they're going to win the national championship, but they are absolutely capable of doing so.

I think Jesse Palmer is a payday whore since he does college football and every baking show, but he played QB at Florida so I trust his ability to analyze football. He said that Michigan's DBs did a great job during the game regardless of box score showing 400 yards passing for OSU. Every catch was contested. The defense isn't ready to compete for a super bowl, but they did enough to contain the best offense in the country to win by 2 scores.

thought so too

and a couple of their catches, including the TD, were spectacular catches.

Nothing you can really do about a WR who catches the ball one handed, while reaching around the DB.

Some entirely subjective observations I had from The Game:

- OSU's players looked out of it, almost from the opening drive. Like they didn't want to be there... esp. Jaxon Smith-Njigba... kid looked worried everytime the camera was on him. Maybe that's just him?

- Ryan Day is starting to have that look Luke Fickell did by the end of his Interim Year there... the haggard, tired, permanent bags-under-the-eyes look.

Seems the job is weighing on him more heavily than it did Tressel or Meyer, perhaps.

I think osu players were shell-shocked. They thought that they would just show up and we'd roll over. When that didn't happen I don't think they knew what to do. I also hope that recruits are seeing the trend of Ryan Day always throwing other people under the bus and never taking accountability for his own share of the blame.

On the other side of the field you have Jim, who is genuinely overjoyed for everyone but himself for that win. So incredibly happy for his players and coaches.

Don't take that for granted. That may well be the semi-final. And although I think UC has a weak rush defense, they have a 1st a d 4th-5th round pick on the corners.

UC has been bored, the same as Michigan was bored with Rutgers. That's not a homer take, either. UC is real and to think otherwise is foolish.

I don't think Cincy would be a push over. They are the #3 or #4 ranked team in the country. They beat ND in SB. They clearly have a great team. After watching them play ECU I think Michigan has a better team and would beat them on a neutral field of play.

AP has Michigan as #2 and Coaches Poll has them at #3, both ahead of Cincy. Auburn took Bama to four overtimes. Both Cincy and Bama played unranked teams, struggled a bit, but won. At this point in the season I would expect teams to be playing at the top of their game. Michigan played outstanding football yesterday. Does Michigan play as well on a neutral field without the crowd? I don't know. The way they played yesterday, I think Michigan can beat both Bama and Cincy. Wouldn't be easy games, but they have the ability. Don't write Michigan off.

I have to say there was one major mistake Harbaugh made yesterday. Instead of taking a knee to run out the clock, the offense should have pounded the ball with Haskins and let him get TD#6... and then go for 2pt conversion to go up 50-27. And when asked why after the game, he should have said, "Why not? They couldn't stop Haskins so let him enjoy the moment. Besides, O$U said they wanted to hang 100 on us, why should anyone be upset if we hung 'only' half that on them?"

Just saw this, Michigan scored a TD on every second half possession except for the victory formation to end the game and they did not have a single 3rd down snap in the second half. They had 24 snaps in the second half, all first or second down.

It was difficult to appreciate just how dominant they were in this game while waiting for the other shoe to drop, but they were without a doubt the better team and it wasn't even close. I'm not saying that they're going to win the national championship, but they are absolutely capable of doing so.

Just rewatched the game and this post came to mind. On the drive where on 2nd and 10 Cade drops back then pulls it down to run, he almost got the 1st down but was short. The 3rd down play O$U jumped offside and Cade almost completed the deep throw to Anthony.

I believe the next set of downs they also went to a 3rd down and this time O$U drew the PI penalty.

So those were 2 3rd down snaps where UM got the 1st due to a Fucknut penalty on the same drive.

Really love how each time O$U scored to get within 1 score, UM just marched down to extend the lead to 2 scores again. Very impressive.

Just rewatched the game and this post came to mind. On the drive where on 2nd and 10 Cade drops back then pulls it down to run, he almost got the 1st down but was short. The 3rd down play O$U jumped offside and Cade almost completed the deep throw to Anthony.

I believe the next set of downs they also went to a 3rd down and this time O$U drew the PI penalty.

So those were 2 3rd down snaps where UM got the 1st due to a Fucknut penalty on the same drive.

Really love how each time O$U scored to get within 1 score, UM just marched down to extend the lead to 2 scores again. Very impressive.

Yep, I re-read the note and it said no "official snaps" on 3rd since they converted both 3rd downs on accepted penalties. Either way, really good formula for winning if you're converting on 1st and second down 90% of the time. Like Happy Gilmore "that was so much easier than putting. I should just try to get the ball in the hole on the first shot every time!"

Several other notes I have seen/heard. Michigan had zero plays on offense with no gain, zero plays with a loss of yardage.

The Game was the most-watched college football game of the season.

Matt Leinart said that was the best atmosphere he had ever seen in a college game. Keep in mind he played in what is widely regarded as the best game ever played against Texas and was the QB at USC when people actually went to their games. I really hope the recruits that were in attendance felt the same way.

What a great win for Michigan. Domination on both sides of the LOS. Trading TD?s with OSU in the 4th Q. And not a single shot of Bucknut or Cowboy Buckeye in the second half. (Maybe the game: I only saw the second half on TV).

Schadenfreude on Steroids. Now we?ll see what Light of Day exposes about OSU since Urban?s players are aging out and maybe even graduating. Or leaving for the NFL.

I did not predict a score here, but did text and tweet ?I think they (Michigan) wins tomorrow.?

Congrats on the win! I was car shopping (some jackass totaled our minivan) so only saw the last 8 minutes but it sounds like they controlled the game pretty much the whole way.

It was in a private team session and validated by attendees. Something that I myself was recently made aware.

It was a dumb thing to say, but maybe he was drinking, or it was in the heat of a moment. Though the thought occurred to me that regardless of the context, it's ominous (for them) to have leaks like that.

starting with DJ Durkin jumping ship a week after the OSU game in 2015, and Mattison and Washington switching sides later on, we seemed to be the program with loyalty issues.

also occurred to me that maybe Day meant "over the course of several games" when he said "hang 100 on them"? It's not really that surprising... after the 56 pt effort in 2019, He's already 83% of the way there. presumably his team will be able to score at least 17 next year.

Back