Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Officical MSU vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

The fact that that?s not in the realm of possibility is grounds for firing. When was the last time MSU out recruited Michigan? Why can Mel Fucking Tucker come in and be 2-0 against Michigan and Harbaugh gets a goddamn pass. He?s failing as a coach. Period. End of conversation. And I was rooting for that motherfucker to be the guy

Mel didn't out-recruit Michigan. He took advantage of MSU's loose admission standards to bring in a ton of transfers. He still hasn't signed a 4 star or better recruit at MSU. No matter who the coach at UM is, they're still going to be up against the same challenges as Harbaugh is with admissions unless they decide to change that. Xavier Worthy, multiple transfers, Tayshawn Trent...the list goes on and on the amount of exceptionally talented players UM has no chance to recruit because they'll never be able to get in.

I'm in no way a Harbaugh apologist. I wanted his ass gone last year. But saying that "MSU built a better program" because they won 1 game, at home, with significant help from officials and several unforced errors (again) on the opponent's part is a reach.

The fact that that?s not in the realm of possibility is grounds for firing. When was the last time MSU out recruited Michigan? Why can Mel Fucking Tucker come in and be 2-0 against Michigan and Harbaugh gets a goddamn pass. He?s failing as a coach. Period. End of conversation. And I was rooting for that motherfucker to be the guy

I'm not sure how so many people aren't tired of making excuses for Harbaugh. Yeah we beat the mediocre to decent teams, but he has a losing record to MSU, is historically bad against OSU, owns the most embarrassing loss in Big House history against Wisky, is 1-4 in bowls, and 2-9 on the road against ranked teams. It's year 7. Everything I just listed is the ceiling with Harbaugh. I would rather move on than watch Michigan become the college football version of the Pacers. Solid to good, but never winning a damn thing.

Last edited:
Who would be a good pick to replace Harbaugh? Not just from a winning big games standpoint, but also from a not getting the program hit with sanctions standpoint.

Mel didn't out-recruit Michigan. He took advantage of MSU's loose admission standards to bring in a ton of transfers. He still hasn't signed a 4 star or better recruit at MSU. No matter who the coach at UM is, they're still going to be up against the same challenges as Harbaugh is with admissions unless they decide to change that. Xavier Worthy, multiple transfers, Tayshawn Trent...the list goes on and on the amount of exceptionally talented players UM has no chance to recruit because they'll never be able to get in.

I'm in no way a Harbaugh apologist. I wanted his ass gone last year. But saying that "MSU built a better program" because they won 1 game, at home, with significant help from officials and several unforced errors (again) on the opponent's part is a reach.

Some coaches get more out of less talented athletes. Harbaugh isn?t one of them. He gets less out of more. Michigan?s roster is more talented than Michigan State?s. I don?t care about transfers. We got our coached in the second half

NIL exists. Don't have to worry about sanctions anymore.

I'd rather have Mike Hart as HC next year.

Sanctions was the wrong word. I was thinking more along the lines of getting a coach who can win games, but at the cost of recruiting guys with questionable character, then next thing you know you've got another Baylor situation on your hands or something. I like winning, but I also like players who don't get in trouble with the law.

Last edited:
Can someone send me a link to the athletic fundraising website? I?d like to contribute to a new contract for Jimbo

Sanctions was the wrong word. I was thinking more along the lines of getting a coach who can win games, but at the cost of recruiting guys with questionable character, then next thing you know you've got another Baylor situation on your hands or something. I like winning, but I also like players who don't get in trouble with the law.

I don't want that either. We just know what this program is with Harbaugh. I want better. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but we're never winning the B1G or making the playoffs with him.

I?ve never seen so many overturned calls on plays that had inconclusive video evidenced

I'm not saying he's a bad coach.

I am. He?s a great pretender. He?s one the biggest scams perpetrated on the university of Michigan. He?s clueless. You can see it not only in his coaching, but his eyes. The eyes tell the truth.

The first Walker TD was extremely questionable, even he knew he fumbled before crossing the goal line...ball went out the back of the end zone, UM ball at the 20.

IF that call was not able to be overturned, the strip sack TD had zero reason to be overturned...and THAT actually is more than just the 4 points mentioned previously. The score would have been 27-14 at the half instead of 23-14. UM scored the first points of 2nd half to go up 30-14, but it should have been 34-14. And here is where that 4 points becomes more than 4 points. Due to it being 30-14, after MSU scores their next 2 TDs, they went for 2 each time and converted. If the score was 34-14, Tucker does not go for 2 both times and the score becomes 34 28 after those scores instead of 30-30.

UM kicks the FG later to go up 37-28. MSU scores another TD, UM is still up 37-35.

Obviously the game changes in a myriad of other ways, but this scenario is VERY different from the 30-30 game the Refs made it into.

That said, WTF??? How the FUCK does Macdonald repeatedly get called for Illegal Substitution? Despite others wondering why they didn't run more, UM actually ran TOO MUCH, and did not call screens when they should have. MSU is vulnerable against the pass, UM should have passed at a 75% rate, only running when their LBs were playing deep to stop the TE passes. The runs kept getting stuffed, they needed to just keep throwing...and NOT with JJ. Cade had complete control of this game and the Gas running the ball straight into the middle of the D was frustrating to watch. Yes, that is my new nic for him, because that is what he produces...Gastro issues for UM fans with his play calling.

Macdonald was absolutely outcoached. That was bound to happen as he is a rookie DC. He needs a trusted 2nd to help figure out what is going wrong.

So freaking pissed about this game.

There's a hell of a big difference between "It was definitely a touchdown" and "Maybe they break a 90 yard run". Now you're arguing against your initial point.

My initial point is that there's no way to know the game doesn't change. It doesn't guarantee a UM victory. Just gives them a better chance.

Sometimes little brother has to let big brother get a little lead before kicking the dog shit out of them lol

Harbaugh is 20-21 against power 5 teams with a winning record. How could we get anyone better? Mediocre is impossible to best.

Just got done watching and I am just over it. This coaching is just unbearable at times. How is it you run the same fucking run play over and over and over again in a different set and not figure maybe you should run a pitch once In a while or a screen. And this defense only has 3 players worth a shit when it counts and the game is on the line. Dax Hill got burned fucking twice on huge plays, which is kind of funny because I fucking knew on that 4th down in the 1st half they were going to try and sneak someone out and they sure as shit did. Mel fucking Tucker outcoached Michigan when it mattered most and its quite unbelievable that you can have loads of talent compared to the school you are playing and still piss away a 30-14 lead. I'm rambling, but I am so pissed right now. Everytime State needed a big play they got one. They played great and they deserve it. There were questionable calls. I am still fucking fumed about the strip sack TD. Way too many home cooking calls, but we were still able to get a 16 point lead after that and that's where you either put the foot on the gas and clamp down like a vice or you shit the bed. This team had uncontrollable diarrhea when it mattered most.
McNamara played a hell of a game, but the guy left at least 3 tds on the field because he can't throw the ball to a wide open guy down the field.

Oh yeah, Harbaugh............go fuck yourself you fucking fraud!!!!!!!!!! Mediocrity at its best.

Definitely more excited about the bball exhibition game on Friday than any remaining football game.

We been a basketball school for several years now. I didn't even bother watching Michigan football last year and I'm questioning if I should bother to finish watching this season.

Back