Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Quinntricia Problem

Dr. Boudreaux

Quinntricia: Hey we have a system that is so awesome that only a few players can fit into it.

Me: Tell me more.

Quinntricia: We can only be interested in drafting like two linebackers every year...we are so cutting edge.

Me: You're fired.

Seriously, we can't dump these two fools soon enough.

In my opinion there are 4 acceptable outcomes with the Lions 3rd pick:
Draft Burrow
Draft Young
Draft Tua
Trade down

Any other pick I will view as a complete waste at that draft position at the moment. If you want a CB/LB/DT/etc that’s fine, just use it with the 5th or 6th pick coupled with another pick

Draft Burrow
Draft Young
Draft Tua
Trade down

Any other pick I will view as a complete waste at that draft position at the moment. If you want a CB/LB/DT/etc that?s fine, just use it with the 5th or 6th pick coupled with another pick

You be upset drafting Isaiah Simmons?

Draft Burrow
Draft Young
Draft Tua
Trade down

Any other pick I will view as a complete waste at that draft position at the moment. If you want a CB/LB/DT/etc that?s fine, just use it with the 5th or 6th pick coupled with another pick

Exactly.

The best thing for the long term would be to be able to trade down to 5 with Miami then have someone in the top 10 want to trade up to 5. This team has so many holes to fill.

LB should be set with Davis, Tavai and Collins with Jones as the backup now.
So Simmons is out for me especially with his size

Okudah depends on how they feel about Round 2 DBs, and AO. He is probably BPA at 3 unless Young is there. If they trade back, he might not be there. Someone could trade up with Giants for him at 4.

OT is on the table after a trade down. Decker contract year, Vaitai could play right guard and be an absolute mauler and plenty of good OTs in top 10. Four day 2 picks should be defense then unless they really like a WR for the future on day 2

I like the DTs with Shelton, Williams and Hand plus Atkins/Strong as deep depth. However, Kinlaw would be a nice pick after a trade down as well. Brown has some athletic concerns and I don't know if pass rush is enough from him.

Tua is injury prone. Do the Lions really have much luck with injury prone college players ?

Trading down only really solves the Lions many holes.

Draft Burrow
Draft Young
Draft Tua
Trade down

Simmons.

LB should be set with Davis, Tavai and Collins with Jones as the backup now.
So Simmons is out for me especially with his size

Okudah depends on how they feel about Round 2 DBs, and AO. He is probably BPA at 3 unless Young is there. If they trade back, he might not be there. Someone could trade up with Giants for him at 4.

OT is on the table after a trade down. Decker contract year, Vaitai could play right guard and be an absolute mauler and plenty of good OTs in top 10. Four day 2 picks should be defense then unless they really like a WR for the future on day 2

I like the DTs with Shelton, Williams and Hand plus Atkins/Strong as deep depth. However, Kinlaw would be a nice pick after a trade down as well. Brown has some athletic concerns and I don't know if pass rush is enough from him.

Davis and Tavai suck.

Everyone says how great he's going to be so why not. Might not help this upcoming season, if there's one, but no one else will either. We're a 6 win team. Tops.

I'm not a huge Matt Stafford fan but he is an above average to good QB. They are probably around .500 next year with him playing. If they hit some HRs in the draft they can potentially be in the playoff mix. However, they REALLY have to hit some HRs...like 3 IMPACT starters. That isn't likely to happen given their draft history.

I like what we’ve done this offseason. Not only are we bringing in players who know the defensive scheme but we’re brining in players from winning teams. We were a team who was a play, stop, or drive away from winning games last year. Now we have the experience players who knows what it takes to win.

Bold prediction, we’re back in playoffs next year.

I like what we?ve done this offseason. Not only are we bringing in players who know the defensive scheme but we?re brining in players from winning teams. We were a team who was a play, stop, or drive away from winning games last year. Now we have the experience players who knows what it takes to win.

Bold prediction, we?re back in playoffs next year.

Just because a player was on a winning team doesn't mean they can bring wins to the Lions. The guys they picked up are just average players. They haven't signed a single impact free agent and got rid of their best defensive player.

I'm not a huge Matt Stafford fan but he is an above average to good QB. They are probably around .500 next year with him playing. If they hit some HRs in the draft they can potentially be in the playoff mix. However, they REALLY have to hit some HRs...like 3 IMPACT starters. That isn't likely to happen given their draft history.

They can realistically have 5 picks in the top 85. If quin fucks that up he should quit.

Just because a player was on a winning team doesn't mean they can bring wins to the Lions. The guys they picked up are just average players. They haven't signed a single impact free agent and got rid of their best defensive player.

We weren?t far off last year, just didn?t have the players who knew how to win and finish. I?d much rather have veteran ?average? winners then keep the average losers we had last year.

Our signings and early offseason is being overlooked. It?s not all about talent, we?re brining in proven winner and starting caliber players.

We?ll definitely miss Slay but is big play didn?t translate into Ws. I want winners!

They can realistically have 5 picks in the top 85. If quin fucks that up he should quit.

We can realistically have 2 picks in the top 85. More then one way to skin a cat!

Would we be upset if we left the draft w two top 15 picks and no second or 3rds????

Last edited:
Davis and Tavai suck.

Lol agreed. I like how they had to come out and deny any trades with Jarrod Davis as if he’s untouchable. Dude is a trash can and I keep trying to think of the plays tavai made last year that gave people a good impression. Dude was an early second round pick and started without proving jack shit.

Last edited:
We weren?t far off last year, just didn?t have the players who knew how to win and finish. I?d much rather have veteran ?average? winners then keep the average losers we had last year.

Our signings and early offseason is being overlooked. It?s not all about talent, we?re brining in proven winner and starting caliber players.

We?ll definitely miss Slay but is big play didn?t translate into Ws. I want winners!

so these "winners"...why did these winning organizations let them slip away? Maybe they were weak links on those teams.

Back