Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Quinntricia Problem

Why do you think Tua is so good and better than Stafford
Durable. Still Stafford
Experience. Stafford
Arm. Stafford
Decision making Stafford

Great QB rating when healthy. Stafford

Tua is short, not as much arm and played on a team that just dominates everyone loaded with NFL talent around him.

There is zero chance they take Tua at 3.

Arm, how much arm do you need? His accuracy in college was through the roof and he's mobile.

Don't get stuck on Stafford's numbers last season. We all know he he can be good for a half a season and bad for another. We've all seen it. He's also getting older and just had an injury worse than Tua had.

Decision making? Lol.

Edit: As far as height he seems about the same as Brees.

Last edited:
I agree that it wouldn't be very wise to take Tua unless they traded Stafford for a good haul and went with a re-build. The haul would have to be VERY significant...like both Raiders' first round picks. That's not going to happen though.

If Stafford is so good it would be easy to get a good haul. Though no way he gets two 1st round picks. Lol. And the reason, youth cheaper and more draft picks by trading Stafford.

As far as a rebuild that's exactly what they need. Stuck in the mud right now. Do I think they draft Tua, not a chance. But still a QB can change a franchise more than any other position.

If Stafford is so good it would be easy to get a good haul. Though no way he gets two 1st round picks. Lol. And the reason, youth cheaper and more draft picks by trading Stafford.

here is where I think you are wrong. A team like the Raiders would be smart to trade for Stafford and why I think it would be worth 2 first round picks (#12 & 19th). The reason, Stafford would be relatively cheap for the team that trades for him with cap hits of only $7.8M in 2020, $20M for 2021 & $23M for 2022. He is a proven QB and the Raiders are moving into a new stadium and city.

I do agree with you, the Lions are NOT going to trade him and re-build.

here is where I think you are wrong. A team like the Raiders would be smart to trade for Stafford and why I think it would be worth 2 first round picks (#12 & 19th). The reason, Stafford would be relatively cheap for the team that trades for him with cap hits of only $7.8M in 2020, $20M for 2021 & $23M for 2022. He is a proven QB and the Raiders are moving into a new stadium and city.

I do agree with you, the Lions are NOT going to trade him and re-build.

Though he's 32, coming off an injury and teams don't like to trade 2 first round picks (And 12 and 19, no way. The Raiders esp. because they're still in their rebuild. May as well just use them to trade up and get a young QB.

Stafford is proven though. Proven to miss wide open guys, proven to not go through deep progressions. Proven to fumble in key situations. Proven to be above average sometimes and below average other times.

Though he's 32, coming off an injury and teams don't like to trade 2 first round picks (And 12 and 19, no way. The Raiders esp. because they're still in their rebuild. May as well just use them to trade up and get a young QB.

Stafford is proven though. Proven to miss wide open guys, proven to not go through deep progressions. Proven to fumble in key situations. Proven to be above average sometimes and below average other times.

I agree that they would never do it. They already have a Matt Stafford on their team (Carr)

Will ANYONE be surprised when Chase Young is on the board and the Lions take Okudah?

Will ANYONE be surprised when Chase Young is on the board and the Lions take Okudah?

I read a mock draft that said exactly that. I can't find it now...but it pretty much said that Patricia likes to build his defense around the secondary.

If that happens the city should riot

You just do not draft CBs that high. Unless they are Deion Sanders, CBs don't win you championships.

It's all up front. This team is absolute dog shit on both sides of the line. For me, it's Tua or Chase. Either get your exit plan for Stafford, or draft a generational D-linemen.

I wasn't that long ago we drafted a 'generational' D-lineman. It didn't help much and he's been long gone. You need more than that.

I wasn't that long ago we drafted a 'generational' D-lineman. It didn't help much and he's been long gone. You need more than that.

Young's a different animal. Suh's job was to take up blockers and blow up the middle. Young is an absolute beast at getting to the QB.

Also didn't help Suh was a dirty shit and did not want to be here.

Yeah, the team needs a lot. But Young would be infinetly more impactful than Jeff Okudah.

I love Tua discussions. Every year there is at least one over-hyped player in the draft, this year it's Tua. As a result there's some backlash to Tua. To me he's a lower first round or solid second round pick. He's a very good prospect but calling him transformational or generational is a bit of a reach.

Opinions differ on his arm strength, I think he has an above average arm with some exceptional accuracy and touch and a good release. I've even seen him make some very impressive throws off balance. He does have some problems though. His mobility has been overstated, he got caught by the D quite a bit when he went outside the tackles. I've seen him extend plays even when he had receivers open, if he was looking for something better fine but if he didn't see them, and I think that's what was happening, he's got a problem reading the field.

The injuries also can't be brushed off. He's very lucky his injured hip isn't his plant hip but still with that hip injury and both ankles injured in the past his velocity will suffer over time.

With the injuries factored in and the hype eliminated he's a very good prospect who maybe drops to the third round.

Young's a different animal. Suh's job was to take up blockers and blow up the middle. Young is an absolute beast at getting to the QB.

Also didn't help Suh was a dirty shit and did not want to be here.

Yeah, the team needs a lot. But Young would be infinetly more impactful than Jeff Okudah.

Suh did some stunting too. That guy was an exceptional athlete.

I love Tua discussions. Every year there is at least one over-hyped player in the draft, this year it's Tua. As a result there's some backlash to Tua. To me he's a lower first round or solid second round pick. He's a very good prospect but calling him transformational or generational is a bit of a reach.

Opinions differ on his arm strength, I think he has an above average arm with some exceptional accuracy and touch and a good release. I've even seen him make some very impressive throws off balance. He does have some problems though. His mobility has been overstated, he got caught by the D quite a bit when he went outside the tackles. I've seen him extend plays even when he had receivers open, if he was looking for something better fine but if he didn't see them, and I think that's what was happening, he's got a problem reading the field.

The injuries also can't be brushed off. He's very lucky his injured hip isn't his plant hip but still with that hip injury and both ankles injured in the past his velocity will suffer over time.

With the injuries factored in and the hype eliminated he's a very good prospect who maybe drops to the third round.

And every year there's an over hyped player who gets over hyped that gets called out by someone else that really isn't over hyped. That my friend is you. Lol.

And every year there's an over hyped player who gets over hyped that gets called out by someone else that really isn't over hyped. That my friend is you. Lol.

I'm sorry Mrs. Tagovailoa I didn't know you were a member here. Your boy will go top 2 and make the HoF. Please don't send your husband to whip me or beat me with a stick.

The Lions biggest need just happens to be the best player in the draft, Young. If he drops to them at 3, they have to take him. If not, they need to trade back. IMO, they need to trade back as many times as possible but only if they can stay in the top 12.

Last edited:

I said months ago, how pissed are you going to be when Young is in the board and they pick someone else? Quinntricia think they are smarter than everyone else.

saw we just signed another crappy ex patriot. CB Daryl Roberts. A corner that cant cover...awesome. Dont sign Logan Ryan that can start for you opposite Trufant. Keep wasting money on back ups....good idea.....

Back