Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Quinntricia Problem

so these "winners"...why did these winning organizations let them slip away? Maybe they were weak links on those teams.

Every year, every team has roster moves this time of year. We all know just because you change rosters doesn?t mean you were a weak link, some cases yes, but not the case for Danny Shelton, Collins and Harmon.

The players we?ve lost this offseason w the exception of Slay were all pretty much trash last season.

We?re managing cap good, building competitiveness and depth, not handing out massive contracts and bringing in players that come from winning cultures. I like it!

Weak links on some teams could be starters with Detroit lol..

The lions should have beaten in order last year the chiefs, Green Bay, Oakland, Dallas, Washington, Chicago, and Green Bay again. I think the lions are a lot closer then some think. We just need some breaks to go our way.

There are some really close scores and some of these are without Matt playing.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/det/detroit-lions

Last edited:
Weak links on some teams could be starters with Detroit lol..

The lions should have beaten in order last year the chiefs, Green Bay, Oakland, Dallas, Washington, Chicago, and Green Bay again. I think the lions are a lot closer then some think. We just need some breaks to go our way.

There are some really close scores and some of these are without Matt playing.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/det/detroit-lions

I think the only game they got a bad break on was the Chicago game on Turkey day. There was clear illegal contact downfield on the game winning TD. The rest of those games they got outplayed.

Quinn needs to draft Simmons, Simmons is the best player in the draft, there is no substitute for him, not this year, not next year, not the year after that. Simmons is also a proto-typical Patricia player, he fills the Chung role perfectly. I know Matty Patty likes to talk about flexibility but he's really not flexible, his defense has clearly defined roles and he has so fr failed to fill them with players who can play those roles which is why his defense sucks so bad. They have to draft Simmons of course they probably won't because they're stupid.

How stupid are they? They are in desperate need of a guy to fill the Trey Flowers role. Trey Flowers is actually on the team. Are they using Flowers to fill the Flowers role? No, they're using him as a blind side pass rusher.

Here's your sign fat boy. You can't be booted out of town fast enough for me.

I'm not a huge Matt Stafford fan but he is an above average to good QB. They are probably around .500 next year with him playing. If they hit some HRs in the draft they can potentially be in the playoff mix. However, they REALLY have to hit some HRs...like 3 IMPACT starters. That isn't likely to happen given their draft history.

They weren't .500 this past season with him. Or the year before. Why not get better than above average. And use the above average, translation average, QB and get more draft picks. And save some money too.

I think the only game they got a bad break on was the Chicago game on Turkey day. There was clear illegal contact downfield on the game winning TD. The rest of those games they got outplayed.

Naw they clearly out played Green Bay on the road, and only lost by 3 In both games. One with a damn backup. Flowers 2 flags for hands to the face were clearly wrong. One especially cost the Lions. The other games they only needed a break or 2 to go Lions way. I am sure they had 4th quarter leads in plenty of games last season. But it?s the Lions. Something always seems to happen badly for Detroit.

You be upset drafting Isaiah Simmons?

I admittedly don?t know enough about him, from what I hear he?s atypical for a LB and is great in coverage, but I don?t trust the Lions to utilize an atypical LB properly. That?s admittedly a weak answer, just because the Lions don?t utilize unique talents appropriately doesn?t mean don?t draft those players, but I can see him blowing up in their faces while working out elsewhere

If we draft Simmons and he is JUST a coverage LB, or JUST a run stopping safety, or JUST a great blitzer... he's not worth the third pick. The value of Simmons is that he could be all those things in a defense that values versatility and had a plan on how to use him in multiple looks. That's not the kind of creativity and skill-focused coaching our team possesses. So I wouldn't want the team to draft Simmons. Not because he won't be great, but because he won't be as valuable here as other players. Okudah is a better coverage CB than Simmons is a classic LB. Tua is a better QB (and reset button) than Simmons is a straight safety.

If we are playing with the hand we've been dealt (Patricia and Co.), might as well play to our strengths rather than imagined possibilities.

If we draft Simmons and he is JUST a coverage LB, or JUST a run stopping safety, or JUST a great blitzer... he's not worth the third pick. The value of Simmons is that he could be all those things in a defense that values versatility and had a plan on how to use him in multiple looks. That's not the kind of creativity and skill-focused coaching our team possesses. So I wouldn't want the team to draft Simmons. Not because he won't be great, but because he won't be as valuable here as other players. Okudah is a better coverage CB than Simmons is a classic LB. Tua is a better QB (and reset button) than Simmons is a straight safety.

If we are playing with the hand we've been dealt (Patricia and Co.), might as well play to our strengths rather than imagined possibilities.

Okudah won't cover anyone for 7 seconds and Tua isn't the best pro QB prospect in the draft this year...Fromm is.

Naw they clearly out played Green Bay on the road, and only lost by 3 In both games. One with a damn backup. Flowers 2 flags for hands to the face were clearly wrong. One especially cost the Lions. The other games they only needed a break or 2 to go Lions way. I am sure they had 4th quarter leads in plenty of games last season. But it?s the Lions. Something always seems to happen badly for Detroit.

Here's the difference to my way of thinking, The Flowers penalties did not result in points on the board but earlier in the game KJ got a questionable TD. Complain about the officiating in that game all you want but I think it actually favored the Lions.

Here's the difference to my way of thinking, The Flowers penalties did not result in points on the board but earlier in the game KJ got a questionable TD. Complain about the officiating in that game all you want but I think it actually favored the Lions.

You must have a 920 area code...

Stop it. Flowers got called for two, one of them was legit. ErMaGerd the Lions had to to deal with the officials.....the same way every other team does.

That 4th quarter was almost as bad as when Jerry Jones called down to the officials and asked them to magically pick up the flag and re-spot the ball in our playoff game 😂😂😂

That 4th quarter was almost as bad as when Jerry Jones called down to the officials and asked them to magically pick up the flag and re-spot the ball in our playoff game 😂😂😂

lol, that was pretty bad, Jerrah gots some pull.

I still think though that by far the worst call against the Lions last season was the no-call on the contact downfield in the Thanksgiving Day game. It's the only call that actually cost them a win but no one talks about it, everyone wants to talk about getting jobbed at Lambeau.

Damn, you are truly a Lions fan. Almost guaranteeing yourself disappointment and we're not even close to the season starting.

I was okay for a long while and then I turned 50, but after that its been harder to stay happy about it, content and them I came to realization that this team will always blow.

Last edited:
Why do you think Tua is so good and better than Stafford
Durable. Still Stafford
Experience. Stafford
Arm. Stafford
Decision making Stafford

Great QB rating when healthy. Stafford

Tua is short, not as much arm and played on a team that just dominates everyone loaded with NFL talent around him.

There is zero chance they take Tua at 3.

I agree that it wouldn't be very wise to take Tua unless they traded Stafford for a good haul and went with a re-build. The haul would have to be VERY significant...like both Raiders' first round picks. That's not going to happen though.

Back