Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

This just keeps getting worse Leshoure carted off

sunnydlitex123 said:

because a guy who was going to get 10 touches a game is out ?

go sign a guy like Ricky Williams he averaged 4.7 and 4.2 ypc the last 2 years and still has the legs

slick said:
sunnydlitex123 said:

go sign a guy like Ricky Williams he averaged 4.7 and 4.2 ypc the last 2 years and still has the legs

No, because this team is cursed...

UPDATE: Tim Twentyman of the Detroit News reports that Mikel Leshoure has torn his Achilles tendon, with surgery expected as soon as tomorrow.

Though Leshoure is obviously moving quickly to repair the injury, an Achilles tear means a lost season.

It's not immediately clear whether the Lions will make an addition to the roster to replace Leshoure, and the pickings are somewhat slim at this point. One possibility -- and we stress that this is speculative -- is veteran Ricky Williams. Williams' agent Drew Rosenhaus indicated recently that they'd wait for training camp injuries to pile up before making their decision on where Ricky would play next. Though not the player he once was, Williams is a powerful rusher and could potentially fit the bill for Detroit.

---

The Detroit Lions' plan at tailback this season was to install Leshoure as the power back, and use Jahvid Best as the versatile option, akin to how other teams around the league have set up their committee backfields. Unfortunately, that plan may have hit a snag.

Tom Kowalski of MLive.com reports that Leshoure was carted off the practice field on Monday morning after sustaining a left foot injury. Kowalski adds that there's nothing further to report on the seriousness of the injury. Stay tuned on this one.

- Tim Kavanagh

blah , blah , blah.....get Portis or Williams signed and in camp.

I cant deal with Maurice Morris again.

This injury sucks but Im not going to sit here and get all stressed out about it. He looked good so far in camp but we will see him next year I guess. I agree slick portis or williams would fit or wait for cuts and see if anyone becomes a free agent.

slick said:
sunnydlitex123 said:

How many of those 10 touches each game, might have been on 2nd or 3rd down and goal?

Its not the quantity of touches Leshoure "might" have had in every game, instead it was more like "what", "when", and "where"...

Turok said:
slick said:

How many of those 10 touches each game, might have been on 2nd or 3rd down and goal?

Its not the quantity of touches Leshoure "might" have had in every game, instead it was more like "what", "when", and "where"...

I agree that where and when those touches come is an important factor, but now that my initial disappointment and anger over this injury has been quelled a bit I don't think that a Ricky Williams or Clinton Portis would be a big step down from a rookie back with a shortened camp in those short yardage and goal line situations. They may have lost a step but on 3rd and 2 or 2nd and goal from the 4 breakaway speed is a non issue for the way they would be utilized.

Turok said:
slick said:

you can get the same production from a Ricky Williams or a Clinton Portis in the short term....

long term...missing your whole rookie year hurts.

Honestly this just goes to show how much people are caught up in the hype/ how skewed the outlook on this coming season is...revised win-loss totals because a rookie committee back goes down? However legitimate issues like our lack of oline and depth does nothing to dent spirits. This is unfortunate and saddens/pisses me off but if our season teetered on Leshoure's Achilles we are in good shape.

BTW yes Achilles is probably the worst injury for an RB (along with knee ligaments of course).

lol...thought you were gone for good pipe ?

overwhelming support from other members to return........most think your an ass.....lol

tsmith7559 said:
lol...thought you were gone for good pipe ?

overwhelming support from other members to return........most think your an ass.....lol

I hope they do...I strive for it

Dare I say 7-9? You know Stafford is next...might as well have Suh injure something and be out for a month or two while we're at it.

LeShoure's injury has the least impact IMO...losing OT's is more devastating

tsmith7559 said:
out for the year...might be out forever, not good for a RB to tear the achilles

Right..I wouldnt be 100% that he ever plays in the NFL after a torn achillies depending on how bad it is. Some people don't recover (sports wise) well enough to play pro sports.

To make things worse Zack Follett is retiring! 6-10.

cheeno said:
To make things worse Zack Follett is retiring! 6-10.

Hey now, if Tim Toone is around we might still have God on our side.

slick said:
why cant Raiola break a leg......

Was gonna ask who's replacing him, but they might as well pick up the 400 lb guy at the local coney island and plug him in at center. Can't do any worse.

The only 2 starters out are Goz & Backus, followed by their 1st replacement...Fox

we can get by with Best & Morris......we can get by without Fairley

Romneybot said:
slick said:
why cant Raiola break a leg......

Was gonna ask who's replacing him, but they might as well pick up the 400 lb guy at the local coney island and plug him in at center. Can't do any worse.

Word is if Raiola goes down they would just play a man short. Kind of like being shorthanded in the NHL. Who knows - addition by subtraction?

Back