Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

This just keeps getting worse Leshoure carted off

tomdalton22 said:
It shouldn't be a big deal. If this was a good team before the injury they should still be a good team. Rookie RBs don't typically have a significant impact. I thought they were an 8-8 team and losing a rookie RB shouldn't change that.

Says who? RB are the one type of rookies who can make an impact. Get Fairley back, no other significant injury and it'll be okay.

sunnydlitex123 said:
tomdalton22 said:
It shouldn't be a big deal. If this was a good team before the injury they should still be a good team. Rookie RBs don't typically have a significant impact. I thought they were an 8-8 team and losing a rookie RB shouldn't change that.

It's not just the rookie RB issue... Half the OL is hurt, Titus hasn't been healthy one day of practice, and Fairley is injured for his rookie camp putting his time table way back of being effective...
This is why I was laughing at all of the people that were claiming the Lions would win 10-12 games this year. They always had O Line issues & every team has injuries. I thought if everything went well they would win 8....if everything went perfectly they would win 9 and if things went bad they could be back to 6-10

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Moroney had some pretty good years in NE.. To think he couldn't be an exceptional role player, 10 carries a game relief back is pretty ignorant.

Ask any Pats fan what they think of Maroney. Last year in Denver he was horrendous: 2.1 YPC 0 TDs and a fumble. From Bill Simmons Mailbag ESPN:

Q: Randy Moss' retirement made me wonder about the five player-specific NFL career highlight films that would be worth buying. My personal list would be Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, Moss, Brett Favre and Ronnie Lott. There are players with better career numbers, but for "did you see what he just did" moments, these guys have to be at the top of the list.

You should make an assessment on a guy getting traded from a contender to a last place team.. Especially when he knows he won't be there next season. What were you trying to prove with that post? Fact of the matter is Maroney is better than Aaron Brown and an injured aging Morris.

Lets hope that all of these offensive injuries is simply a case of our Defense DECIMATING our offense in practice... Schwartz should not run the first team d against the first team o as to prevent more injuries...

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tomdalton22 said:

Says who? RB are the one type of rookies who can make an impact. Get Fairley back, no other significant injury and it'll be okay.

Sure they can....but as a fan to depend on it is foolish. Most don't have any significant impact.

sunnydlitex123 said:
Lets hope that all of these offensive injuries is simply a case of our Defense DECIMATING our offense in practice... Schwartz should not run the first team d against the first team o as to prevent more injuries...

Nah, keep the first team back 7 out there, just put in the back-ups on D-line. The O-line won't get abused as much.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]You should make an assessment on a guy getting traded from a contender to a last place team.. Especially when he knows he won't be there next season. What were you trying to prove with that post? Fact of the matter is Maroney is better than Aaron Brown and an injured aging Morris.

Actually he went from the Pats to his offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels who believed in him. Fact of the matter is Danny Devito is better than those two...but Maroney still is brutal.

DR said:
Romneybot said:
Of the remaining 64% I'd like to see how many actually went on to have productive careers.

the report went on to say this..."those who did return were never able to meet their pre-injury levels of performance."

Ah ha, Leshoure doesn't have any pre-injury performance. Yeah we win.

look at 2006,2007,2009 he would be a perfect split time back. Not a fucking superstar. If you really don't believe that Maroney is better than Aaron fucking Brown and old man river.... What little credibility you ever had is now floating away along with the brain cells wasted having this dumb ass conversation.

2006 that is what 5 years ago or 25 in the life of a RB? In 2009 he got cut for Undrafted Benjarvis Green-Ellis and the real old man river Fred Taylor. In 2010 as I said he was one of the worst backs in the league in a place where he would be given every chance to succeed by Josh McDaniels. I agree he would probably be better than what we have now but that isn't saying much, pick a half dozen names on that list and you could make the same argument.

He got cut in 2009? This is news to me and history... And 39 carries in Denver? Thats a chance to succeed?

After the 2009 season he was the odd man out. He had 39 carries because he was brutal. He started in Denver last year, but then was out shone by Correll freaking Buckhalter and Moreno with two blown wheels.

We were all too frequently reminded by the local sports media slappies, soon after being picked and the team having given up a couple of picks, that Leshoure never put the football on the ground as a RB for the Illini during his entire college career. Then, even before Mikel played a single down in a regular season game as a Lion, he tears his Achillles tendon, and he may never be able to play in the NFL, or quite obviously, even IF he somehow does, he STILL may never be able to perform as well as he might have had, prior to becoming injured.

Lest we forget, the Lions TRADED their 3rd and 4th round picks, as well as swapped picks in the 5th and 6th rounds with the Seahawks, in order to move up to snag Leshoure. so this injury has much broader implications than him just being out for this season, especially since there is no guarantee that he will return next season either, if ever.

No one will EVER be able to convince me that this Lions franchise isn't cursed...I have personally watched waay too many seasons that proved otherwise ...ever since the '70 season, when that team infamously lost @ Saints in the final seconds of a game on a then record-breaking 63 yard FG by the half-footed gimpy kicker Dempsey, the football hitting the crossbar and bouncing over, and later to the Cowboys 5-0 in the playoffs

I will take Maroney and even give Mike Hart a call. He played well at times for Indy the last 2 years. yeah I know I am a Michigan homer but what ever.

Damn he just had a weapons charge and a drug charge last year after the season lol

Pounds fist on the boardroom table of Kruger Industrial Smoothing "TIKI TIKI TIKI!"...Weren't we collecting all the evil twins anyways?

Back