Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 20

You just knew he was gonna put Ordonez and Inge in on the same day.

I'm not that worried about Magglio, he can get a few hits here and there, but why bat him 2nd?

And why sit Boesch over Young, Boesch has killed lefties all year long, and if he's going to use Maggs small sample size as a reason for playing him vs. Huff, then Boesch should be in there he has a 4.000 OPS!

And Inge should never have been given the chance to return before Sept. callups, Illich is loyal to a fault.

At least the IF defense is just about as good as it can be, though that's not saying much.

Fister needs to keep the ball down, or it's going to be doubles all day long for the Tribe.

Tarp on the field at the moment and steady rain falling at Comerica Park.
Looks like a fairly big storm is passing by Detroit right now, but to the west is all clear.
now light rain at Comerica Park, but tarp is still on field. Radar looks a lot better than it did a couple hours ago.

MI_Thumb said:
I'm not that worried about Magglio, he can get a few hits here and there, but why bat him 2nd?

And why sit Boesch over Young, Boesch has killed lefties all year long, and if he's going to use Maggs small sample size as a reason for playing him vs. Huff, then Boesch should be in there he has a 4.000 OPS!

And Inge should never have been given the chance to return before Sept. callups, Illich is loyal to a fault.

At least the IF defense is just about as good as it can be, though that's not saying much.

Fister needs to keep the ball down, or it's going to be doubles all day long for the Tribe.

Maggs should bat lower even in this platoon split vs. lefthanders.

idk what to think with the delmon young pickup.

re: Inge, It looks like that, Ilitch is 82, probably true.
Which of his kids is likely to take over the Tigers, and do they have any of the fathers passion for the Tigers? and more important baseball smarts?

infield is ok, corner of not so much.

agree with this too, Fister needs to pitch down and make them swing at low pitches, anything hanging up over the plate will get hit hard.

Boesch isn't exactly hitting the cover off of the ball this month ( .214 BA 1 HR and 3RBI). I have no issue giving him a rest vs. a lefty. Having Inge and Santiago playing makes sense too since they are the best two defensively at 3B & 2B (not saying much). I don't care for Maggs batting second but I have a feeling he will get a few hits tonight. He is rested and most likely his ego is a little bruised. I think between Maggs and Inge they get 3 hits and 1 RBI.

tomdalton22 said:
Boesch isn't exactly hitting the cover off of the ball this month ( .214 BA 1 HR and 3RBI). I have no issue giving him a rest vs. a lefty. Having Inge and Santiago playing makes sense too since they are the best two defensively at 3B & 2B (not saying much). I don't care for Maggs batting second but I have a feeling he will get a few hits tonight. He is rested and most likely his ego is a little bruised. I think between Maggs and Inge they get 3 hits and 1 RBI.

That's because smart guy in the dugout has him batting 2, not 3.

I've seen nothing to make me believe Illitch is responsible for Inge being recalled.

In fact, there's really been nothing to suggest that he forces DD to do anything.

I remember reading an article about him, and how he doesn't meddle with the GM and just let's him do what he pays him to do.

mjsb2 said:
I've seen nothing to make me believe Illitch is responsible for Inge being recalled.

In fact, there's really been nothing to suggest that he forces DD to do anything.

I remember reading an article about him, and how he doesn't meddle with the GM and just let's him do what he pays him to do.

Inge said he was "promised" by Tiger management that if he accepted assignment, he would be recalled in September.

DD promised him? I doubt it.

Leyland was just on the radio pre-game show and sounded a little annoyed to have Inge back up. Basically said hitting great at AAA is one thing, but let's not get too excited...then said I mean no disrespect to Brandon by that comment.

MI_Thumb said:
mjsb2 said:

Inge said he was "promised" by Tiger management that if he accepted assignment, he would be recalled in September.

Leyland was just on the radio pre-game show and sounded a little annoyed to have Inge back up. Basically said hitting great at AAA is one thing, but let's not get too excited...then said I mean no disrespect to Brandon by that comment.

So, still nothing to suggest Illitch was responsible.

And still nothing to suggest Illitch ever forces managements hand.

mjsb2 said:
MI_Thumb said:

So, still nothing to suggest Illitch was responsible.

And still nothing to suggest Illitch ever forces managements hand.

That is the way it works. I doubt DD was behind this. I really think he would have released him.

Good start Tigers,
Cabrera continues a hitting streak,
Tigers lead 2 - 0.

Back