Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 20

tycobb420 said:
mjsb2 said:
So, still nothing to suggest Illitch was responsible.

And still nothing to suggest Illitch ever forces managements hand.

That is the way it works. I doubt DD was behind this. I really think he would have released him.

That's not really how it works.

Most owners let the GMs do what they want.

With his work with the both the Wings and Tigers, I've never seen anything to suggest Illitch forces/pressures the GM to do anything.

The only time I've ever even heard that suggested is on this board and the ESPN board.

And nobody has provided any circumstantial evidence that suggest that is the case.

Does Fister remind anybody else of Jon Garland? Tall guy, high release point, about the same speed of pitches...

mjsb2 said:
tycobb420 said:
That is the way it works. I doubt DD was behind this. I really think he would have released him.

That's not really how it works.

Most owners let the GMs do what they want.

With his work with the both the Wings and Tigers, I've never seen anything to suggest Illitch forces/pressures the GM to do anything.

The only time I've ever even heard that suggested is on this board and the ESPN board.

And nobody has provided any circumstantial evidence that suggest that is the case.

The evidence is circumstantial, but there are owners that do interfere. Some are just more quiet than others.

Remember when Polanco set a record for his errorless streak at 2nd base? Now it seems we pretty much can't go a game w/out our 2nd baseman making an error.

Fister makes up for E1 with another k and at 38 pitches,
Tigers lead 2 - 0.

A solution to our 3b problem...we contract the Rays and draft Longoria in the expansion draft.

okay, am i looking at the wrong box score? fister has THREE strikeouts????

manchild98 said:
Remember when Polanco set a record for his errorless streak at 2nd base? Now it seems we pretty much can't go a game w/out our 2nd baseman making an error.

I knew from day one that letting go of Polanco was a big mistake.

Inge first Tigers at bat since July 20th,
hit to deep left and he did it,
a homerun first at bat,
Tigers lead 3 - 0,
egg on our faces, right now, and he gets an 3 year extension with that. lol.

Back