Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles Game Thread August 13

Guthrie has given up 14 runs in the first inning this year, but gets the Tigers on just 6 pitches. :(

sounds about right.

ill be around for the game thread tonight (i worked all day instead of tonight today), but i wont be listening or watching cuz i dont have tv and im watching scrubs on netflix
tongue.png

ill just pay attention to gameday.

Guthrie has not allowed a run to the Tigers in 18 straight innings.
shocked.gif

Scherzer 1st inning,

pie fastball outside, fastball fouled back, fly to left and Dirks has it,

hardly fastball strike call, slider inside corner strike call, chases slider outside,

malaka fastball fouled back, check swing low called a strike, fastball outside, looked good at the knees and on gameday ump says no, fouled at home, inside full count, changeup a beauty swings and misses,

Scherzer with 13 pitches.

13 pitches and 2 strikeouts for Scherzer would look pretty good, if we had not gone 1-2-3 vs. Guthrie on 6 pitches.

jas5lf said:
Guthrie has not allowed a run to the Tigers in 18 straight innings.
shocked.gif

either impatient like 1st inning, or chasing crap pitches made their mind up to swing at the pitch,

great inning for max! lets hope he keeps it up, we might need him to throw a shutout for us tonight.

gameday said 2 pitches were up at miggy's head, was guthrie actually throwing at him or did his control just blow?

good start to the inning! lets see how they manage to score 0 this inning!

Wow, I get up and go peel and slice a couple cucumbers to munch on and come back with our first 2 men on base!

Spockmaster said:

LOL, do we really even consider the possibility still?

Tigers 2nd inning,

Cabrera 1 and 1, way up and in backs away, fastball outside, takes a changeup strike full count, and another close shave and he walks,
man that was right at Miguel's head,

Martinez rips the first pitch past second for a single, Cabrera smart and waiting to see if it went by the fielder,

Peralta takes high, low strike call, corner fastball fouled back, takes low, grounder to third for a 5 - 4 - 3 double play with Cabrera at third,

Avila takes a high slider, fastball strike call, changeup outside, off the corner is ground to second,

Cabrera stranded,

guthrie with 22 pitches.

TigerMud said:
Spockmaster said:

LOL, do we really even consider the possibility still?
i REALLY hate it when im right.

FOR FUCKS SAKE SCORE A GODDAMN RUN AGAINST THIS SCRUB

GIDP, I should have guessed.....

And a man stranded at 3rd.

Good ol' Tigers.

Back