Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles Game Thread August 13

Welp....atleast its less stressful when we just get blown out instead of these 1 run nail biters. I can actually enjoy my evening now just knowing we suck really bad instead of a woulda coulda shoulda 1 run game.

Spockmaster said:
i wish Worth was up here and not in Toledo. he should really be our starting second baseman at this point.

mudhen should be batting eighth in Toledo, he sucks, sorry.

TigerMud said:
well max ain't got nutton tonight

This is all on Raburn though, easy DP and should have been out of the inning with 2 runs.

Maybe we can do with Raburn what the Cubs did with Zambrano, send his ass home without pay.

Scherzer 2nd inning,

jones shows bunt slider in, check swing strike on a slider, fastball low, single to left,

vlad fastball strike call, fastball inside, slider away, that was hammered out homerun,

2 - 0,

Rod and Mario talking about vlad not hitting as well this year and this happens more often than not,

wieters 1 and 1, slurve inside, ground foul, changeup outside, single up the middle,

crap,

cdavis grounder to mudhen and he backhand flips from the glove 10 feet over Peralta on the bag, brilliant,

fielder choice E4,

still no out,

bell changeup strike call, fastball outside, again, over 20 pitches this inning,
again, fastball swings and misses full count, fly to Jackson,

bdavis another fastball outside, changeup misses the corner, strike call at the knees, squeezed inside corner crap call, that was a strike and off the outside corner full count, fastball fouled back, slider ground foul, fly to left and it's called a homerun and Dirks banged his arm off the wall, and is in pain, replay shows Dirks banged his elbow on the wall,
ok wait, now they are going to review,
oh crap 3 run homer,

5 - 0,

go twins,

pie called out on strikes,

hardly 2 and 2, Max squeezed, foul pop to Cabrera,

Scherzer with 44 freakin' pitches now with 57.

57 pitches thru 2 -.- Atleast we have Coke and Purcey to look forward to today /puke

Spockmaster said:
what the hell happened on that homer?

Off the top of the wall they say, dirks slammed into the wall, might have tweaked his elbow.

Umpire signaled HR so Betemit never tried to make a play on the ball Dirks missed, so I could technically be an inside the park HR if it never actually left.

I remember contending Tigers teams in the past who could overcome early deficits like this one, but this team ain't it much of the time, if not all of it. Just get killed by eventual double-digit scores.

Back