Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 24

What as asenine play by Cringe, more proof Betemit should unquestionably be the full-time 3rd baseman

Spockmaster said:
according to my friend, inge said this:

"It's the right move. It was the only move I had." and that if he could do it over, he'd do it again.

i REALLY want to murder him. his arrogance is absolutely infuriating.

Inge said that's automatic choice to throw to 2nd rather than 1st. Santiago said 1st thought was to cover 2nd. Both blame ump.
fcuk'n cringe always with an excuse, and leyland too.

Leyland said he's not sure whether Santos or Avila will catch tomorrow. He knows Boesch won't play. Thumb's bothering him.

Is he all there?? why else do you bring Santos up.
Give Avila the game off or let him DH and play Martinez at first.

Wasn't Santos up once before for a short spell and sat his ass on the bench the whole time?

if santos doesnt star tomorrow, im gonna be hella pissed. sure avila has been tearing it up, but you gotta give him a rest sometime.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Leyland said he's not sure whether Santos or Avila will catch tomorrow. He knows Boesch won't play. Thumb's bothering him.

Is he all there?? why else do you bring Santos up.
Give Avila the game off or let him DH and play Martinez at first.

With Boesch and Cabrera out, we need his bat in the lineup.

He has got to DH.

If Avila DH then Mart sits because as I understand he can't play first because of his injury.

6-0 Halos At the moment. Hopefully today's loss doesn't hurt us.

cmlfactor said:
Injuns lose...Sux lose.......no harm no foul...

agreed, but it would have been suuuuuweet to be up 7 games right now.

I don't buy this crap that it is ok to lose because the White Sox and Indians both lost.... Damn it... Keep winning and bury these team.. No is lead is safe with the Tigers.. Damn it Inge... Own your damn mistakes..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I don't buy this crap that it is ok to lose because the White Sox and Indians both lost.... Damn it... Keep winning and bury these team.. No is lead is safe with the Tigers.. Damn it Inge... Own your damn mistakes..
I think JL was right.....easier plays at 1B and 3B but that was because Santiago was playing very deep and the guy running from 1B was hustling his ass off. How many times do you see Tigers runners dogging it to 2B in that situation? More often than not the 3B will throw to 2B in that situation.....this time it didn't work for several reasons.

Is the short love affair over with Inge yet? It was cute when he hit the HR the other night, but that play last night cost us the game. The fact that he said it was the only play there shows how stupid and arrogant he really is. Routine grounder to third with two outs almost always goes to first, no questions asked.

kingofdetroit57 said:
Is the short love affair over with Inge yet? It was cute when he hit the HR the other night, but that play last night cost us the game. The fact that he said it was the only play there shows how stupid and arrogant he really is. Routine grounder to third with two outs almost always goes to first, no questions asked.
Actually, I see a 3B go to 2B more often than going to 1B. However, in this case with Santiago playing way back and the guy hustling to 2B the play was at 3B or 1B. As far as the love affair with Inge...I don't think anybody is in love with him. I still think that he is better defensively than WB.

Yeah, I also think that Inge is still better defensively than WB, but his arrogance is so freaking frustrating. Sometimes it is like Inge just lives in his own little world.

Back