Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins Game Thread August 16

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]][quote author=biggunsbob board=tigertalk thread=503 post=11476 time=1313539553]Did he say a 14 game hitting streak?

Yes.[/quo

thanks buddy

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":v0t4lc8q]

2 bro.

lol I was so pissed at the play by Jackson, I missed one run.
I better take a step back and regain some composure.[/quote:v0t4lc8q]

Haha..but Lamont still is a humpty-dumpty, ya got that right... ;)

Verlander cuts thru the twinkies 1-2-3 like a hot knife thru butter.... :)

AAs BA getting back up there! Ofcourse its while JPs is drastically falling ofcourse....but ill take it!

im going to assume that ground ball would have been a DP ball anyways....just to feel better.

I just don't understand running your catcher.. It is not like AA is very fast... If there is no contact he is a dead duck Jimmy......Some moves are really puzzling.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I just don't understand running your catcher.. It is not like AA is very fast... If there is no contact he is a dead duck Jimmy......Some moves are really puzzling.

If there is no contact the batter failed big time.

You don't have to be fast to go on a hit and run, but the batter has to make contact.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":36qutfi0]Is Leyland stupid..

Its only stupid when it doesn't work.[/quote:36qutfi0]

I understand the hit and run.. But not with your catcher and not with a player who has been struggling the last 14 games. he tried it with a struggling guillien and it backfired also..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":yt8k88nn]

Its only stupid when it doesn't work.

I understand the hit and run.. But not with your catcher and not with a player who has been struggling the last 14 games. he tried it with a struggling guillien and it backfired also..[/quote:yt8k88nn]

We woulda been pissed at the GIDP the next pitch anyways....pick your poison.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":y9zeomp7]Is Leyland stupid..

Its only stupid when it doesn't work.[/quote:y9zeomp7]

Agreed, the way we have been lately, we might as well try to play some small ball.

God knows nothing else has worked.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":l2nmscc7]

Its only stupid when it doesn't work.

I understand the hit and run.. But not with your catcher and not with a player who has been struggling the last 14 games. he tried it with a struggling guillien and it backfired also..[/quote:l2nmscc7]

A lot of managers like to hit and run with a struggling player.

Back