Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins Game Thread August 27

Big double play, Verlander needed that before his count got out of control and he maybe started pressing.

Spockmaster said:
what the hell? if his fastball is close to a strike, they foul it. when did they get such good plate discipline?

Honestly, it is so frustrating to watch. The Twins are always pissing me off though, so I guess I should have expected something like this from them today.

Sure a lot of wtf comments for a 19 game winner with a 2.28 era. Lol.

Verlander 2nd inning,

hughes strike call, again, slider low, grounder to Betemit throw is high but Cabrera steps on the bag before runner,

repko squeezed at the knees, curve strike call, fastball fouled back, curve ground foul, fastball on the corner again and this f'n ump says no, dials up a 97 frustration fastball outside full count, fastball in fouled back, again, another fouled back, fouled off the bearded mumza's foot,
and where the Fuck was that??????????? knee high fastball called a ball,

butera strike call, slider on the corner called a ball, JV is frustrated by this suckass ump, runner going and soft liner to Peralta caught and throws to first for the double play,

Verlander immediately walks in and says as much to this f'n clown ump dreckman,

Verlander with 46 pitches,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

looked like jv was asking the ump where a few of those pitches were

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Sure a lot of wtf comments for a 19 game winner with a 2.28 era. Lol.
i think thats probably why we're confused, especially given this incredibly weak lineup he's facing.

Verlander is the last guy I'm worried about today.

Although they do seem to be picking up his fastball well, maybe he should throw a few more change/sliders?

MI_Thumb said:

Although they do seem to be picking up his fastball well, maybe he should throw a few more change/sliders?
they definitely seem to be sitting on it while he's trying to establish it. he really should mix it up more.

i want us to torch pavano if we can. i despise him, i despise his team, and i want to embarrass them.

MI_Thumb said:

i was waiting for him to toss the slider during that 11 pitch AB. Kid musta pissed him off lol.

Verlander has set the bar so high for us. He'll likely settle in now, but we're all kind of shocked that he allowed 4 base runners in 2 innings. Let's get him a few more runs so he can relax a little.

twins are fouling off a number of fastballs, but also this dooshbag ump has a very small strike zone east west and south,

Tigers 3rd inning,

Raburn watches a corner strike, fastball fouled back, fastball inside, jammed and grounded to third,

Jackson strike call, inside ground foul, up and in, slider away, blooped foul down right, grounder to second,

Santiago takes a strike, broken bat ground foul by first, takes high, grounder to first,

dragqueenpavano with 36 pitches,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

i hate fox games. i dont have tv and i cant watch replays on gameday until after the game.

LOL the fans in the stands are horrible fielders, twice foul balls went right at the same 2 guys, and they missed them both.

If you're going to bring your glove to the ballpark.....

Back