Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. whitesox Game Thread September 3

Looks like i picked the wrong time to log in!

tycobb420 said:
I only get gameday, but that appeared messed up

I just stepped away for a minute and now 6 - 1?? WTF happened?

and Penny is still pitching, just stupid, was there a non-interference call on a play?

Garbage pitching, garbage defense, garbage umpiring, garbage bunting, garbage hitting RISP......

Seeing a theme here?

4 unearned runs. Bad luck there with 2 errors and a missed out call at 1st, but Penny has to bare down and limit the damage.

smokes goes back to Carlos over a hot Ramon and he flubs and DP and were down 6-1 go figure. yup manager of the year! LOL

New poll if anyone is interested. This time it's George Kell...i mean 3b

tigers99888 said:
I also think Guillen should be cut lose.. Just a total liability..

I heard Illitch was not willing to eat any more contracts...even though this would be 30 days worth.

Penny: 4 Ip, 8 hits, 6 runs, 2 earned, 1 BB, 2 Ks. How much of this is his fault?

tycobb420 said:
tigers99888 said:
I also think Guillen should be cut lose.. Just a total liability..

I heard Illitch was not willing to eat any more contracts...even though this would be 30 days worth.

We will have to wait for next year. Bye Carlos, Magglio, Penny, and hopefully 8 weeks of good and 12/14 weeks of shit raburn.

I can't remember another 'overall good hitting Tigers team' that had as much overall defensive ineptitude with bad fielding, poor routes, lack of range players.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
tycobb420 said:

We will have to wait for next year. Bye Carlos, Magglio, Penny, and hopefully 8 weeks of good and 12/14 weeks of shit raburn.

I can't remember another 'overall good hitting Tigers team' that had as much overall defensive ineptitude with bad fielding, poor routes, lack of range players.
I would be willing to sacrifice some hitting to improve in all those categories you mentioned.. And another fucking RISP fail as we speak..

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
tycobb420 said:

Dodgers of the early-to-mid 80s when Sax couldn't throw and they had Guerrero butchering balls at third. Marshall was a statue in right field.

tycobb420 said:
Penny: 4 Ip, 8 hits, 6 runs, 2 earned, 1 BB, 2 Ks. How much of this is his fault?

He still has to make pitches when someone makes an error and allows a runner to be safe, and he serves a meatball to Alexi Ramirez.

Defense was bad, but Penny is not pitching good at all.

Back