Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. whitesox Game Thread September 3

MI_Thumb said:
Garbage pitching, garbage defense, garbage umpiring, garbage bunting, garbage hitting RISP......

Seeing a theme here?
Horseshit game overall.. This seems to occur after a JV start..

tigers99888 said:
Another inning of this trash and I'm out..

The heck with that, I'm calling it now.. game bob! Honestly I don't ever expect a win when Penny is on the mound anyway..

and.. i'm outta here, we'll get it back tomorrow!

tigers99888 said:
Penny is basically a meat man.. What a cancer he is to this team..

Cancer?

How is he a Cancer?

A Cancer is someone who disrupts team harmony, not someone who just sucks.

MI_Thumb said:
tigers99888 said:
Penny is basically a meat man.. What a cancer he is to this team..

Cancer?

How is he a Cancer?

A Cancer is someone who disrupts team harmony, not someone who just sucks.
I've heard numerous reports that along with his suckassness.. He also gets into arguments with both Avila and V-Mart.. I hear the relationship is very rocky.. I just think he's not fitting in with this team overall..

Edit: and even if everything was rosy, his suckiness is a total detriment to the team..

Penny is really down there in terms of awful pitching.. Only pitchers in the AL that I can think of being possibly worse are Lackey and Peavy..

I think Delmon YOung could be a plus for the Tigers for the next couple of years..

Wow...were mounting a comeback and they replace Penny with Penny Jr.?

Fuck you Leyland.

MI_Thumb said:
Wow...were mounting a comeback and they replace Penny with Penny Jr.?

Fuck you Leyland.

So far so good...might have to eat a little crow...

Good job by Pauley. I knows he's struggled, but you have to give him an inning here and there if you're keeping him on the roster.

Since Penny's win over the White Sox on July 17, he's gone 2-4 in 7 starts. Including today, stats are 34 ER in 44.2 IP (6.86 ERA), 11 HR.
Penny threw 102 pitches

Well the Michigan game is delayed again.. But they are destroying Western so it doesn't make a huge difference.. U of Minny is making a comeback against USC on the road.. That would be a huge win for them..

Damnit, we just need 1 strong inning, pull to within a run .....

I'm not asking that much...

MI_Thumb said:
Damnit, we just need 1 strong inning, pull to within a run .....

I'm not asking that much...
4 run deficit is pretty huge.. And the back end of the Sux bullpen is very good..

penny has just been flat terrible since the all star break.

might be worth skipping his start and giving turner another look imo.

Back