Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Turns out WE actually live in the "shithole country"

He had no plan for 2 months. I dont like hillary...but anyone else would have had a plan to stop it. It took him 6 months to put a mask on for the first time lol. He PURPOSELY brought infected people into the country and dropped them off in the surrounding LA area....not Alaska...fucking Los Angeles. Cruise ships from France FULL of 100s of infected people were allowed to board a plane and not only land at Atlanta ariport...but walk around aimlessly mixed in with everyone else.

Yes...i think things would have been handled very differently with a different president. Want proof? Look at EVERY other country and how their numbers are going down. New Zealand has eliminated the Corona virus 100%. Not us!...our dumbass country ran by a dumbass failure of a businessman is leading the world!...clap it out.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ruise-passengers-arrive-from-fance-in-atlanta

https://nypost.com/2020/06/08/new-zealand-declares-coronavirus-has-been-eliminated/

I don’t like Trump...but I also ain’t crazy about the TDS. What I bolded is just speculation on your part.

Other leaders didn’t have great plans either, I’ll make one example, the Governor of New York - his plan was to put sick people in with the most vulnerable. He’s responsible for the protection of care facilities in his state.

Yes, New Zealand and Taiwan are countries that I’m hearing have fared pretty well against the Covid. I don’t know what other countries have been as successful as them, can you name some?

As far as other countries success or lack there of besides those two, I’m hearing different things from different sources.

“EVERY other country“ is quite a claim on your part - can you provide data/evidence to support that?

Just a suggestion – try reading it first, unlike you did with your example of the “peaceful protester.”

Last edited:
He had no plan for 2 months. I dont like hillary...but anyone else would have had a plan to stop it. It took him 6 months to put a mask on for the first time lol. He PURPOSELY brought infected people into the country and dropped them off in the surrounding LA area....not Alaska...fucking Los Angeles. Cruise ships from France FULL of 100s of infected people were allowed to board a plane and not only land at Atlanta ariport...but walk around aimlessly mixed in with everyone else.

Yes...i think things would have been handled very differently with a different president. Want proof? Look at EVERY other country and how their numbers are going down. New Zealand has eliminated the Corona virus 100%. Not us!...our dumbass country ran by a dumbass failure of a businessman is leading the world!...clap it out.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...uise-passengers-arrive-from-france-in-atlanta

https://nypost.com/2020/06/08/new-zealand-declares-coronavirus-has-been-eliminated/

like I said...states had plans to stop / slow it and the people didn't follow the plans.

Comparing the United states to an island the size of Colorado and has a population of Kentucky and only one city with over 400K people is laughable.

I do want to make it clear that I am not a fan of Trump and won't vote for him...he's an idiot.

I don?t like Trump...but I also ain?t crazy about the TDS. What I bolded is just speculation on your part.

I think the threshold we need to consider is the flaming bag of crap. I think a flaming bag of crap encourages people to distance and is therefore a step in the right direction.

Well now that the Dr. Strangehair has ordered the transfer of CV19 inpatient/outpatient data from the crappy CDC to the more controllable DHHS, we will be fed pure BS about the pandemic infection and death rates. This b/c he deludedly thinks out of sight, out of mind come the Sept school year and November 3rd.

Why people think that a POTUS operates in a vacuum is beyond me, since Dr. Strangehair's dirty work is mostly being performed by that slimy fascist weasel SStephen Miller, who is a Bob and Bekah Mercer protege. I would MUCH rather a sane and stable Biden administration, than another go-round with the ever-recycling cesspool of biohazardous filth of his so-called "Best" people.

Last edited:
Well now that the Dr. Strangehair has ordered the transfer of CV19 inpatient/outpatient data from the crappy CDC to the more controllable DHHS, we will be fed pure BS about the pandemic infection and death rates. This b/c he deludedly thinks out of sight, out of mind come the Sept school year and November 3rd.

Why people think that a POTUS operates in a vacuum is beyond me, since Dr. Strangehair's dirty work is mostly being performed by that slimy fascist weasel SStephen Miller, who is a Bob and Bekah Mercer protege. I would MUCH rather a sane and stable Biden administration, than another go-round with the ever-recycling cesspool of biohazardous filth of his so-called "Best" people.

Some funny stuff.

Don?t know who some peops you named are.

I don?t believe senile slow Joe will make shit any better or any worse.

SSDA.

Wasn?t it dumb of Trump though to go with Sleepy Joe when Slow Joe was just such easy low hanging fruit?

I don’t like Trump...

“EVERY other country“ is quite a claim on your part - can you provide data/evidence to support that?

Just a suggestion – try reading it first, unlike you did with your example of the “peaceful protester.”

I'll give you a worst case example. Italy. On march 22 Italy was averaging 6k cases per day. The United states was averaging 6k cases per day. Italy is now averaging 200 new cases per day. The us is now averaging 70k new cases per day. See a fucking difference? Any at all?

Were the worst. I can literally compare us against ANYONE and our numbers will be shit. Nice job trump.

Last edited:
Deaths per infection:

Italy .14%

US. .037%

Since you didn’t provide any
sources - and I don’t blame you because when you provide sources they suck - I didn’t either. I did a search engine search and did the math. You can check my work if ya wanna.

Any more great examples?

Not that I’m defending Trump; he wasn’t great at the outset and seems no one else was either.

Deaths per infection:

Italy .14%

US. .037%

Since you didn’t provide any
sources - and I don’t blame you because when you provide sources they suck - I didn’t either. I did a search engine search and did the math. You can check my work if ya wanna.

Any more great examples?

Not that I’m defending Trump; he wasn’t great at the outset and seems no one else was either.

UK .154%
GER .045%
SPA .109%
FRA .045%

So...you said EVERY other country and named two - New Zealand, and good for them; TomDalton did point out the substantial differences between the two countries, and Italy - survivability has been much better in the US - survivability has been better in the US than in any Western ally I looked up.

Here is a Covid mortality analysis from Johns Hopkins.

For whatever reason the only Western ally shown is the UK, who seems to be doing the worst of all.

Anyway, it certainly contradicts a claim that EVERY other country is handling the Covid better than the US.

Last edited:
Deaths per infection:

Italy .14%

US. .037%

Since you didn?t provide any
sources - and I don?t blame you because when you provide sources they suck - I didn?t either. I did a search engine search and did the math. You can check my work if ya wanna.

Any more great examples?

Not that I?m defending Trump; he wasn?t great at the outset and seems no one else was either.

How dumb does someone have to be to blindly believe the death per infection metrics?

Not only is it a ballpark estimation, it doesn't accurately take into account the vast majority of non-symptomatic carriers. Because that is quite literally impossible to do.

Not to mention not every country measures death rates the same way.

UK .154%
GER .045%
SPA .109%
FRA .045%

So...you said EVERY other country and named two - New Zealand, and good for them; TomDalton did point out the substantial differences between the two countries, and Italy - survivability has been much better in the US - survivability has been better in the US than in any Western ally I looked up.

Here is a Covid mortality analysis from Johns Hopkins.

For whatever reason the only Western ally shown is the UK, who seems to be doing the worst of all.

Anyway, it certainly contradicts a claim that EVERY other country is handling the Covid better than the US.

You have really bad reading comprehension. I said "every other country" and you come back with the fact i only have you 2 examples? There's 200+ other examples. I literally said you can compare us to anyone and our stats would be worse.

Not sure what death rate has to do with how well the spread of the infection was handled? Care to explain? It's funny you call my data shit then reference some bullshit stat that has no bearing in the topic.

I disagree... alot of countries made positive impacts on the virus not spreading. The example i gave in Italy was the highest infection rate per day at the time. Not anymore!

Bing.com/covid and you can get the new infection stats by country/ state/ county.

How dumb does someone have to be to blindly believe the death per infection metrics?

Not only is it a ballpark estimation, it doesn't accurately take into account the vast majority of non-symptomatic carriers. Because that is quite literally impossible to do.

Not to mention not every country measures death rates the same way.

I agree. And that said Italy's death rate was actually looked into. He either saw that during his "research" and chose not to say anything. Or he didn't do very good "research."

I'll give you a worst case example. Italy. On march 22 Italy was averaging 6k cases per day. The United states was averaging 6k cases per day. Italy is now averaging 200 new cases per day. The us is now averaging 70k new cases per day. See a fucking difference? Any at all?

Were the worst. I can literally compare us against ANYONE and our numbers will be shit. Nice job trump.

I still don't understand how you blame Trump for the people in individual states and cities not doing what they were supposed to do. you should blame governors for opening too soon (or too much)

You have really bad reading comprehension. I said "every other country" and you come back with the fact i only have you 2 examples? There's 200+ other examples. I literally said you can compare us to anyone and our stats would be worse.

Not sure what death rate has to do with how well the spread of the infection was handled? Care to explain? It's funny you call my data shit then reference some bullshit stat that has no bearing in the topic.

I disagree... alot of countries made positive impacts on the virus not spreading. The example i gave in Italy was the highest infection rate per day at the time. Not anymore!

Bing.com/covid and you can get the new infection stats by country/ state/ county.

What I bolded is the most singularly...curious...statement you’ve made. Since the goal is to mitigate deaths...the answer is obviously everything.

It kind of should be self explanatory.

The lockdowns were to keep the healthcare system from being overwhelmed; not to prevent any spread of the ailment, which of course would have been impossible.

The lockdowns were to prevent deaths.

Than we discovered that except for certain demographics (most of whom Governor Cuomo managed to kill in the State of New York by throwing the virus on top of them), the Covid was less/about as lethal as the flu.

I gave supporting data that shows that survivability in the US is better than with four or five of our western European allies.

Total infections is not the most important metric in measuring the success of handling this pandemic, especially with a disease that has such predictability with regard to what demographics are most/least vulnerable.

I haven’t personally insulted you.

I have implied that you were a little bit lazy with regard to researching your “supporting data” which you demonstrably have been -like, epic fail level - that’s not a personal insult, a person has the ability to stop being lazy, and not be lazy instead.

Last edited:
I agree. And that said Italy's death rate was actually looked into. He either saw that during his "research" and chose not to say anything. Or he didn't do very good "research."

I could be wrong, but I thought PH was being facetious.

I still don't understand how you blame Trump for the people in individual states and cities not doing what they were supposed to do. you should blame governors for opening too soon (or too much)

He has the TDS.

Just the way TM’s adoration for Trump used to be annoying, this one’s TDS is also annoying.

Oh, also he’s not rationale; I guess it’s a little redundant after saying he has TDS, just as blind adoration for Trump is also not rational.

EDIT: Also, the death/spread is highly politicized. Some conservatives claim the counts are exaggerated; libs tend claim the counts are undercounted.

Last edited:

I'm guessing it's because Trump is the biggest influencer that pushed the 'this will just blow over' narrative in the early days.

I'm guessing it's because Trump is the biggest influencer that pushed the 'this will just blow over' narrative in the early days.

Nah, it’s the TDS.

Trump and everybody else fucked this up six ways from Sunday, but the lockdown strategy was a colossal fail.

We should’ve locked down the vulnerable and let the world continue to spin for everybody else, the way they did in Sweden - or at least we certainly should have pivoted when the antibody studies in New York and California showed that the lethality of this disease had been so greatly overestimated.

Or I guess we could’ve just infected all the vulnerable the way Cuomo did, just kill them all, and get that shit out-of-the-way and move on.

That’s why New York’s numbers are so good now.

Everybody who isn’t immune is dead.

That’s one way knock down the new cases.

Last edited:

I?m just realizing something hilarious ? you?re using Italy as an example of a country with success against the Covid.

It makes sense that new infections are low, much for the same reason that it makes sense that new infections are low in the state of New York.

There?s really nobody left to infect.

Everybody has either had it and recovered from it or died.

Using Italy as an example of ?success? in handling the Covid is like using a guy so stupid that he thought it would be a good idea to go stand between a mob of rioters who he saw chucking projectile objects at the police, and the police who were shooting bullets back at them, as an example of a peaceful protester.

You obviously aren't up to date on any of the news coming from our federal government.

What I bolded is the most singularly...curious...statement you?ve made. Since the goal is to mitigate deaths...the answer is obviously everything.

It kind of should be self explanatory.

The lockdowns were to keep the healthcare system from being overwhelmed; not to prevent any spread of the ailment, which of course would have been impossible.

The lockdowns were to prevent deaths.

Than we discovered that except for certain demographics (most of whom Governor Cuomo managed to kill in the State of New York by throwing the virus on top of them), the Covid was less/about as lethal as the flu.

I gave supporting data that shows that survivability in the US is better than with four or five of our western European allies.

Total infections is not the most important metric in measuring the success of handling this pandemic, especially with a disease that has such predictability with regard to what demographics are most/least vulnerable.

I haven?t personally insulted you.

I have implied that you were a little bit lazy with regard to researching your ?supporting data? which you demonstrably have been -like, epic fail level - that?s not a personal insult, a person has the ability to stop being lazy, and not be lazy instead.

Death rate is a terrible measure. Especially since most countries didn't have testing capabilities when their high death rates were happening. Even our country wasn't testing a majority of people throughout march and April. You had to have a fever.... heck at one point you had to have recently traveled to a foreign country in order to get a test. So when you're italy and your high death rate was in marcg/April when you had limited testing... then a high majority of people you were testing were the ones in the hospitals on ventilators. Make sense? Ofcourse that skews your percentage.

Back