Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Turns out WE actually live in the "shithole country"

I’m just realizing something hilarious – you’re using Italy as an example of a country with success against the Covid.

It makes sense that new infections are low, much for the same reason that it makes sense that new infections are low in the state of New York.

There’s really nobody left to infect.

Everybody has either had it and recovered from it or died.

Using Italy as an example of “success” in handling the Covid is like using a guy so stupid that he thought it would be a good idea to go stand between a mob of rioters who he saw chucking projectile objects at the police, and the police who were shooting bullets back at them, as an example of a peaceful protester.

60 million population. 244k positive tests. I'll let you do the simple subtraction.... let's see how well you can do. Do you need multiple choice? 200 new cases a day.

California. 40 mill population. 10k new cases per day. Your logic would mean california should have no new cases.

Why the fuck do i need to argue the fact how shitty we handled this crisis? Are people that ignorant? Or just plain stupid?

Last edited:
60 million population. 244k positive tests. I'll let you do the simple subtraction.... let's see how well you can do. Do you need multiple choice? 200 new cases a day.

California. 40 mill population. 10k new cases per day. Your logic would mean california should have no new cases.

Why the fuck do i need to argue the fact how shitty we handled this crisis? Are people that ignorant? Or just plain stupid?

I sort of don?t get your end game - are you trying to convince me that Trump sucks and to not vote for him?

Because if that?s the case, you?ll never convince me of that.

Because I already would never vote for Trump.

I didn?t last time and I never would this time.

Because he sucks.

Your TDS, and your hatred for this country makes it just too easy and too much fun to resist messing with you about it.

I sort of don?t get your end game - are you trying to convince me that Trump sucks and to not vote for him?

Because if that?s the case, you?ll never convince me of that.

Because I already would never vote for Trump.

I didn?t last time and I never would this time.

Because he sucks.

Your TDS, and your hatred for this country makes it just too easy and too much fun to resist messing with you about it.

Coronavirus and BLM have brought out the absolute worst this country has to offer. Americans used to come together during difficult times and come out on top. Now everyone is showing their true colors. Led by our president that retweets something that supports white supremacy on a weekly basis. People are so used to it they literally say...."oh it's just our president being dumb again." He's turned the presidency into a joke... and therefor the country is now a joke.

Everyday you can go online and see someone lose their minds about having to wear a mask, a black person walking to his house, a black guy at a bmw dealership etc etc etc. #merica

Coronavirus and BLM have brought out the absolute worst this country has to offer. Americans used to come together during difficult times and come out on top. Now everyone is showing their true colors. Led by our president that retweets something that supports white supremacy on a weekly basis. People are so used to it they literally say...."oh it's just our president being dumb again." He's turned the presidency into a joke... and therefor the country is now a joke.

Everyday you can go online and see someone lose their minds about having to wear a mask, a black person walking to his house, a black guy at a bmw dealership etc etc etc. #merica

Yeah I get it.

You hate Trump being president with the white hot hatred of 1000 exploding suns, and nothing will be good and everything will be bad, and nothing will be right and everything will be wrong, until he?s no longer in the White House.

There are a lot of people like that. They wait to see if Trump is for or against something, and they make their minds up to be just the opposite.

Speaker of the house Nancy Pelosi is the most prominent example.

Let?s take masks for example.

The CDC decided overnight that instead of doing more harm than good for the general public, masks were in fact helpful.

So Trump doesn?t wear a mask at press conferences, and that makes him bad.

Forget that Gavin Newsom nor Eric Garcetti also don?t wear masks at the press conferences, and I don?t think Andrew Cuomo wears a mask at his press conference - Trump doesn?t wear a mask so he?s bad.

Trump has recently come around and made comments favorable towards wearing masks in groups of people.

Nancy Pelosi wants a mask mandate.

Now the CDC ? along with the American pediatric society ? are strongly in favor of reopening the schools.

Guess what? Trump is too!

Guess who isn?t? Nancy Pelosi!

So the CDC pivoted overnight and decided to recommend masks, and Trump was somewhat ambivalent at first, so Nancy Pelosi decided she wanted a national mask mandate.

But when the CDC recommends schools to be opened and Trump supports that-Nancy Pelosi finds that terrible!

Now here is where I cue myself to make the obligatory trademark Tinsel disclaimer and point out that of course, politics is politics, and it was my opinion that Obama got a lot of the same bullshit from the other side when he was president too.

Maybe one day we?ll wake up and elect someone like Tulsi.

Yeah, right.

Yeah I get it.

You hate Trump being president with the white hot hatred of 1000 exploding suns, and nothing will be good and everything will be bad, and nothing will be right and everything will be wrong, until he?s no longer in the White House.

There are a lot of people like that. They wait to see if Trump is for or against something, and they make their minds up to be just the opposite.

The CDC decided overnight that instead of doing more harm than good for the general public, masks were in fact helpful.

Forget that Gavin Newsom nor Eric Garcetti also don?t wear masks at the press conferences, and I don?t think Andrew Cuomo wears a mask at his press conference - Trump doesn?t wear a mask so he?s bad.

Trump has recently come around and made comments favorable towards wearing masks in groups of people.

Now the CDC ? along with the American pediatric society ? are strongly in favor of reopening the schools.

So the CDC pivoted overnight and decided to recommend masks, and Trump was somewhat ambivalent at first, so Nancy Pelosi decided she wanted a national mask mandate.

But when the CDC recommends schools to be opened and Trump supports that-Nancy Pelosi finds that terrible!

Now here is where I cue myself to make the obligatory trademark Tinsel disclaimer and point out that of course, politics is politics, and it was my opinion that Obama got a lot of the same bullshit from the other side when he was president too.

Yeah, right.

I think there was a big difference. I get thrown into the liberal bucket only cause of my hatred for trump. But im really not. That being said obama got blamed for everything... literally the smallest little thing and the last line always read a sarcastic "good job obama." Trump has lowered the bar so much of what being a leader means that his decisions can literally lead to 130k Americans dying and no one wants to blame him lmao. There's like 8000 examples of it when here on this forum. The guy gets blamed for nothing because everyone on both sides chalk it up to "meh... he's a fucking idiot so we can't really blame him." Lol... its honestly a sad sad joke.

I think there was a big difference. I get thrown into the liberal bucket only cause of my hatred for trump. But im really not. That being said obama got blamed for everything... literally the smallest little thing and the last line always read a sarcastic "good job obama." Trump has lowered the bar so much of what being a leader means that his decisions can literally lead to 130k Americans dying and no one wants to blame him lmao. There's like 8000 examples of it when here on this forum. The guy gets blamed for nothing because everyone on both sides chalk it up to "meh... he's a fucking idiot so we can't really blame him." Lol... its honestly a sad sad joke.

Lots of people blame Trump alone for the Covid deaths, as if they honestly believe the Covid would never have happened if Trump hadn?t been president.

I kind of mocked this notion in #19.

I pretty much never play the ?if, in a parallel universe? game because it?s pointless.

I have no idea what would have happened if HRC had been elected no one else does either.

I do know if my aunt had a dick she?d be my uncle.

I pointed out, as you quoted me, that Obama got shit from the other side, but he also got a pass from his own side on plenty of crap too.

Politics is politics.

Yeah I get it.

Yeah, right.

Lots of people blame Trump alone for the Covid deaths, as if they honestly believe the Covid would never have happened if Trump hadn?t been president.

I kind of mocked this notion in #19.

I pretty much never play the ?if, in a parallel universe? game because it?s pointless.

I have no idea what would have happened if HRC had been elected no one else does either.

I do know if my aunt had a dick she?d be my uncle.

I pointed out, as you quoted me, that Obama got shit from the other side, but he also got a pass from his own side on plenty of crap too.

Politics is politics.

There was quite a bit he did and didn't do that caused us to be where we're at. I said back in February that when he decided to bring a bunch of Americans from China back here "we were all going to die. " i was kind of joking at the time... but not really.

He's been the #1 cheerleader for opening back up when no one was ready. He's the #1 cheerleader for opening schools when no one is ready.

A very high percentage of countries have flattened their curve. We are on the you have a 95% chance to live plan.

We're on pace to be at 250000 dead Americans by the end of the year. No one knows shit about this virus and it's long term effects especially for kids. And this mother fucker wants everyone to put their kids back in school because he thinks they'll be fucked up if they don't have a social outlet?

He hasn't done a damn thing to make our situation better... nothing. I read an article today that he made gov Newsome call him personally and ask for testing swab support. In the middle of a global pandemic and this retard is pulling power trips? Lol...joke dude. Country is a joke.

Politics is politics.

Yes...politics is politics. This douchebag has had enough passes. Covid is worldwide... so you don't really need to play the parallel universe game. As i stated previous you can just look at basically every other country on the planet... we are the worst. Trump and his supporters are ther biggest factor.

Yes...politics is politics. This douchebag has had enough passes. Covid is worldwide... so you don't really need to play the parallel universe game. As i stated previous you can just look at basically every other country on the planet... we are the worst. Trump and his supporters are ther biggest factor.

Well, don’t vote for him.

I won’t and didn’t last time.

It’s going back a few years, but I posted several times during the time leading up to the 2016 Cali Republican primary that I would register as a Republican to vote for the best Republican candidate who had a chance to beat him.

I used to be a Republican, and based on my intentions, I consider myself as having been a true “Never Trumper.”

Anyway, Trump was the presumptive nominee by the time the California primary rolled around.

But that’s a digression and a different discussion for a different time.

Death rate is a terrible measure. Especially since most countries didn't have testing capabilities when their high death rates were happening. Even our country wasn't testing a majority of people throughout march and April. You had to have a fever.... heck at one point you had to have recently traveled to a foreign country in order to get a test. So when you're italy and your high death rate was in marcg/April when you had limited testing... then a high majority of people you were testing were the ones in the hospitals on ventilators. Make sense? Ofcourse that skews your percentage.

wouldn't that skew your new cases per day data as well?

I think a lot of republicans (including govs) held back messaging of mask wearing and shutting down because they didn't want to cross Trump. Even now, it's pushing the schools issue.

Where have you seen this? The only recommendations I can find from the CDC on returning to school should be done on a state by state basis or based on local mandates. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

And even if the CDC wanted to give an endorsement:

White House blocks CDC director from testifying on schools reopening

The White House on Friday blocked Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, from testifying before Congress next week on how to reopen schools safely, ABC News has confirmed.

The White House is defending the decision to block Redfield's testimony in a statement from an anonymous official.

"Dr. Redfield has testified on the Hill at least four times over the last three months. We need our doctors focused on the pandemic response," the official stated.

The CDC has said it's still working on additional guidance for schools that now isn't likely to be ready until the end of the month. The delay in delivering a clear national plan for schools has angered many local officials and teachers, who say they lack the information they need on whether it's safe to return to school next month.

Where have you seen this? The only recommendations I can find from the CDC on returning to school should be done on a state by state basis or based on local mandates. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

And even if the CDC wanted to give an endorsement:

White House blocks CDC director from testifying on schools reopening

Last I heard, CDC issued school reopening guidelines that the White House thought made it too tough to reopen schools and there was a standoff over pushing the CDC to relax their guidelines.

That interview was a train wreck.

As a 'Never Trumper' with 'TDS' I enjoyed it very, very much.

Trump wasn't good, but neither was Wallace. He should have had the data on deaths. That's an easy one to anticipate. ...and one of his questions started with "Why on Earth..." which is unprofessional in the setting.

Why bother to take him seriously?

He has at least two failsafe fallback positions, previously claiming to be a "small l" libertarian (whover they are) and that he isn't being serious (unless he is, but that depends on if he wants to be or not, given the circumstances). So that allows him to disparage your PoV, but you can't to his, since he is not a "big"/"little" R-r or D-d or I-i or G-g or a "big" L...aahaha!!

wouldn't that skew your new cases per day data as well?

New cases has always been limited by the number of tests available. They are more readily available now. So readily available states are finally getting a handle on how much of the population is infected. Trump didn't like that either so now he wants to control the data. Fucking communists. We're so communist the Russians are telling us to be more democratic. True story... google it.

Last edited:
New cases has always been limited by the number of tests available. They are more readily available now. So readily available states are finally getting a handle on how much of the population is infected. Trump didn't like that either so now he wants to control the data. Fucking communists. We're so communist the Russians are telling us to be more democratic. True story... google it.

so early on (when Italy was reporting 6k cases a day) they didn't have the capability to fully test, so they really didn't have any idea how many new cases there were a day. For all we know there could have been 5-10x as many cases per day, which would help explain the higher death rates.

Back