Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Watson to the Brown's

well, there wasn't enough evidence to charge Bauer either. Watson paid off all of his victims...an innocent man doesn't do that.
that's nonsense. Innocent people pay settlements all the time. Or their insurers do on their behalf. Watson paid his accusers peanuts to go away.

totally understandable here, given the media attention their attorney was courting, and the press' willingness to oblige him with headlines (at least here in Houston). It was ridiculous.

From what I read, the opinion underlining this suspension found no evidence he sexually assaulted any masseuses, BTW. At worst, he "should have known" his advances might be unwanted, or something like that (the judge had to bend over backwards to get to that). If "unwanted sexual advances" are a crime, every single man on this planet - married or unmarried - is a criminal...lol

And Albert Breer commented that the initially NFL wanted the suspension to include the Browns-Texans game (the Browns' 12th of the season), and had been pushing for that. so that indicates this had more to do with punishing Watson at the behest of their scumbag owners, than anything he did.

I hope the Browns win the Super Bowl with him this year. Fuck the NFL & their owners... and normally the Browns' sleazy owners too, although, I'll make an exception for them in this case. :cheers:

LOL, they really want everybody to read about his penis, eh?

This part:
Although Mr. Watson allegedly worked with more
than 60 massage therapists during the 15-month period beginning in the fall of 2019 through the
winter of 2021, the NFL only investigated the claims of the 24 therapists suing Mr. Watson for
damages. Of these 24 complainants, the NFL investigators were only able to interview 12; of
those 12, the NFL relied for its conclusions on the testimony of 4 therapists (?the therapists?), as
well as interviews of some 37 other third parties and substantial documentary evidence

So the majority of massages he got were not sexual, and of the 24 the NFL investigated, only 12 could be found, and of those 12, only 4 had anything they could use to suggest he committed lewd contact.

These shocking numbers the plaintiffs were putting out in newspaper headlines "DOZENS OF CASES!" "SIXTY CASES!" ...are a lot less shocking once you take the time to hear their stories, I guess.

I'd guess further that the 4 they limited their reliance on were the only 4 that didn't leave any evidence in writing (texts, emails, etc.) they flirted back with Watson, or were into it.

And the goalposts moved a lot here... from sexual assault to "kinda being creepy" to "okay so maybe at least in these four cases, we can still argue they were kinda reluctant to give him a handjob" I'm guessing if the NFL actually had a problem with players, owners, coaches, and officials getting massages with happy endings, and not punishing a player who dared to call out his owners for being racist pieces of shit, A LOT more players & coaches would be serving multi-game suspensions this season.

Not sure how you punish an owner like Bob Kraft... make him donate beer sales to charity? The Horror.

People are pointing out that Ben Roethlisberger was suspended for six (6) games, reduced to four (4), and the NFL didn't push for more, for raping two women on two separate occasions.

In the second case, the only reason he wasn't prosecuted is because the victim requested that the prosecutor not charge him because she didn't want to testify and have her life ruined like that. She had filed a police report corroborated by other witnesses. They were all set to move forward and charge him.

I guess if you're just a dumb rapist jock, that's less concerning to the NFL than being a guy who has a political axe to grind, or criticises management.

See also: Colin Kaepernick...

Back