Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What Play was more Lionesque?

What play was more lionesque?

• Tabor Leaping Out of bounds on a back shoulder throw to his man just so his guy can score a TD

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Durham running out of bounds, throws the ball back into play for the defense to recover.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Calvin Rule. Lions arent allowed to win....so lets change the rules mid game.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Everyone saw his knee down, but Schwartz doesnt know the rules and challenged so they get a TD

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
I remember they tied it up last play but don't remember it a punt return. Just a regular drive, last play of the game thing.

The Lions have never played in an NFC Championship game, much less a SB. The closest that a team came to doing so was the first time that they won the NFC Central title in '83, and played @ 49ers in a Divisional playoff matchup, but lost 24-23. Eddie Murray was wide right on a FG attempt that would have won the game, after going 3-4 in previous FG attempts. Considering that QB Danielson threw 5 picks in that game, the Lions D came up big to keep the game close enough to win.

I remember they tied it up last play but don't remember it a punt return. Just a regular drive, last play of the game thing.

Yeah, after checking the boxscore, you're correct, but could swear I remember being pissed that they kicked to Williams again in OT, but that game was a long time ago.

The Lions have never played in an NFC Championship game, much less a SB. The closest that a team came to doing so was the first time that they won the NFC Central title in '83, and played @ 49ers in a Divisional playoff matchup, but lost 24-23. Eddie Murray was wide right on a FG attempt that would have won the game, after going 3-4 in previous FG attempts. Considering that QB Danielson threw 5 picks in that game, the Lions D came up big to keep the game close enough to win.

Ummmmmmmm wrong. 1991 season. NFC championship game against the Redskins. Blown out.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199201120was.htm

How the fuck do you not know that?

Last edited:

Sucks to get old, eh? Lol. The game after Dallas in '91 when they lost to the Redskins was an NFC Championship game.

I remember that 91 season well, lions lost 45-0 on opening day againts the skins then went on to finish 12-4 with Erik Kramer beat the cowboys for thier last playoff win to date then lost nfc championship to the skins 41-10 i beleive the lions scored first in that game even. The redskins were an absolute power house that year that 91 team remains the best lions team i’ve seen as a fan. Then I remember being pissed when fonts went back to Rodney Peete for the 92 season what did they finish that year 5-11 I think man that was dumb

Last edited:

No way lol. Kerryon knew it was coming, they made eye contact and Stafford hit him in the hands, Kerryon fumbled the ball.
Should Stafford have kept it and ran with it himself? Maybe. Easy to point the finger at the QB in that situation but I have no issue with Stafford trying to get the ball in the hands of a playmaker. Hold onto the fucking football

Matt probably never did that play before even in college. 76% on him.

Matt probably never did that play before even in college. 76% on him.

Well, Matt's not really a scrambling QB and him doing it or not doing that play in college is irrelevant lol.

Last edited:
Or get the ball in the hands of your playmaker. That's what he was trying to do. The ball hit Johnson in the fucking hands, you doofus!!!

He's two feet away. QB suppose to me make better decisions.

He's two feet away. QB suppose to me make better decisions.

I don't give 2 shits how far away he was. Kerryon was obviously calling for the ball and he had his hands up ready for it. He flat out dropped it. I'll admit, it's not the most ideal play to risk that but it's not like KJ was looking the other way when the ball was coming at him. He was ready for the ball and fucking dropped it. CATCH THE BALL!!!!

Back