Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What Play was more Lionesque?

What play was more lionesque?

• Tabor Leaping Out of bounds on a back shoulder throw to his man just so his guy can score a TD

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Durham running out of bounds, throws the ball back into play for the defense to recover.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Calvin Rule. Lions arent allowed to win....so lets change the rules mid game.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Everyone saw his knee down, but Schwartz doesnt know the rules and challenged so they get a TD

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Maybe you don't know what Lionesque means.

No, I do. You obviously don't. It's plays that pretty much "only happen to the Detroit Lions". Hughes covered it pretty well. A QB scrambling for his life and his RB literally running next to him with his hands in the air "asking" for the football and fumbling it when it's perfectly placed in his hands is NOT Lionesque. I'll admit it wasn't a great decision but it was a clear drop by KJ.

A shite play led by our master QB that even Hughes knew it was Matt's fault. Keep blaming it on someone else.

A shite play led by our master QB that even Hughes knew it was Matt's fault. Keep blaming it on someone else.

Even Hughes knew it was Matt's fault??? Dude, that guy blames World hunger on Stafford lol. Try again retard.
I already said Stafford should have held onto the football but Johnson was ready for the football, had his hands up to catch it and clearly dropped it after it "hit him in the hands" lol. I have no issue with a QB trying to get the ball in the hands of his playmaker. Johnson should have caught the ball.

Even Hughes knew it was Matt's fault??? Dude, that guy blames World hunger on Stafford lol. Try again retard.
I already said Stafford should have held onto the football but Johnson was ready for the football, had his hands up to catch it and clearly dropped it after it "hit him in the hands" lol. I have no issue with a QB trying to get the ball in the hands of his playmaker. Johnson should have caught the ball.

You brought him up.

The thing is that even if he was expecting it or called for it there was 3-4 defensive players about to kill him. The pitch made no sense.. It was a bad play overall.

looks like the play was "Lion-esque" after all

I just re-watched it in the video...It didn't look like Johnson was expecting Matt to pitch the ball back to him.

He had his fucking hands up waiting for the football lol. Yhe ball hit his hands. I agree that Stafford should have held onto the ball but stop acting like KJ wasn't at least ready for it

Last edited:
He had his fucking hands up waiting for the football lol. Yhe ball hit his hands. I agree that Stafford should have held onto the ball but stop acting like KJ wasn't at least ready for it

I stand corrected. I only watched the video that somebody posted here. I googled it and from the other angle, it does look like Johnson was looking at Stafford when he pitched the ball.

I stand corrected. I only watched the video that somebody posted here. I googled it and from the other angle, it does look like Johnson was looking at Stafford when he pitched the ball.

They both looked at each other then Stafford pitched it to him. Boom....right off his hands.

A play that i've seen at every level of football numerous times over the yrs. Not Lionesque at all. Just because the Freep says so......lmao.

So because you say so means it's not?

It was a stupid play with no chance of working. Three defenders closing, Stafford sliding would have gotten the same result as the best case if Johnson caught the ball thrown above his chest from a yard away.

Here is when he starts his toss, Johnson is not expecting it, hands at side, not turned towards him anticipating a toss

PWdynB8.jpg

Staff literally could have HANDED the ball to KJ, they were so close together, but instead he FIRED that pitch so fast at him, he had no chance of catching it. IDK why he tossed it so freaking hard at him...

Back