Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What to do with Stafford

I hope they take a few years to build up some serious draft day capital. Stafford is our Golden Goose. NE are the masters of trading a stud (i.e. Seymor) and turning a few picks into several.. Keep filling holes until there is a bona fide superstar and then fire away.

Brady 73 rating.
Rodgers 101 rating

31 26 bucs

Shows you qb rating meaningless folks

Brady 73 rating.
Rodgers 101 rating

31 26 bucs

Shows you qb rating meaningless folks

not really. Anybody who watched the game realizes that the ratings given each of them is a great reflection to how each played. Brady was out-played by AR. The score of the game is different. The Bucs out-played GB, which is reflective of the score.

As far as how a QB performs, rating is better than score. Of course, any player would rather play poorly in a playoff game and get a win than play great and lose.

not really. Anybody who watched the game realizes that the ratings given each of them is a great reflection to how each played. Brady was out-played by AR. The score of the game is different. The Bucs out-played GB, which is reflective of the score.

As far as how a QB performs, rating is better than score. Of course, any player would rather play poorly in a playoff game and get a win than play great and lose.

QB rating is a team stat really. Brady made some huge plays to help the Bucs win. 3 TDs too. Some of the picks were like punts. Bucs scored 31, Rodgers missed in red zone. QB rating is overrated bullshit

QB rating is a team stat really. Brady made some huge plays to help the Bucs win. 3 TDs too. Some of the picks were like punts. Bucs scored 31, Rodgers missed in red zone. QB rating is overrated bullshit

The INTs were pretty deep in GB territory, but to say they were "like punts" is pretty stupid. Especially, since two were on 2nd down and the other on 3rd. Not many teams elect to punt on 2nd or 3rd down.

There was actually a 4th that looked like a punt, but the GB db dropped it. It was pretty funny. The guy couldn't believe he dropped the ball.

The INTs were pretty deep in GB territory, but to say they were "like punts" is pretty stupid. Especially, since two were on 2nd down and the other on 3rd. Not many teams elect to punt on 2nd or 3rd down.

There was actually a 4th that looked like a punt, but the GB db dropped it. It was pretty funny. The guy couldn't believe he dropped the ball.

Guess GOATS even throw picks. You guys were way way too hard on Stafford.

Guess GOATS even throw picks. You guys were way way too hard on Stafford.

Brady was very up and down. He had a good first half but a terrible 2nd half. Overall, it was a poor performance. But it's Tom Brady...he seems to be very lucky...I really can't stand him. I will be rooting for KC even though I don't like them much either.

Brady was very up and down. He had a good first half but a terrible 2nd half. Overall, it was a poor performance. But it's Tom Brady...he seems to be very lucky...I really can't stand him. I will be rooting for KC even though I don't like them much either.

Agree he made mistakes. The team helped him win. Like all big wins usually are

Defense was big, some run game help he had too. His weapons had some big drops but they got it down with 31. That short field from the fumble got them that big TD for the 18 point cushion. And the ticky tack DPI call won the game

Love seeing the Packers on the other side of that even with Brady sucking

Id say Evans sucked more than Brady. 2 of the ints were his fault.

I don't remember the first. The second was too high over the middle. He could barely get his finger tips on the ball. Plus, another INT was dropped. The safety had both hands on it with nobody around.

I don't remember the first. The second was too high over the middle. He could barely get his finger tips on the ball. Plus, another INT was dropped. The safety had both hands on it with nobody around.

Brady floated one on the right sideline under pressue. Expected Evans who had a 6 inch height advante to make a play. Evans didnt adjust at all. Not a good throw....but terrible reaction by Evans who looks like a worse version of KG at this point in his career.

Agree he made mistakes. The team helped him win. Like all big wins usually are

Defense was big, some run game help he had too. His weapons had some big drops but they got it down with 31. That short field from the fumble got them that big TD for the 18 point cushion. And the ticky tack DPI call won the game

Love seeing the Packers on the other side of that even with Brady sucking

Listening to Rogers crying about that...those are some DELICIOUS tears right there! I could lick those up all day everyday for life! FUCK ROGERS!!! No self-respecting Lions fan should feel a quark's worth of sympathy. The DB clearly and blatantly pulled the jersey, easy call for the ref. Far more legit than, say...Suh's facemask that set up that Rogers Hail Mary or countless other phantom calls that the Packers have had go in their favor when playing Detroit.

FUCK ROGERS!

Rapoport: Matthew Stafford would have wanted to stay with the Lions if Darrell Bevell was the coach

I thought it was said he asked before we had a head coach so Bevell was still an option.

Last edited:
Rapoport: Matthew Stafford would have wanted to stay with the Lions if Darrell Bevell was the coach

I thought it was said he asked before we had a head coach so Bevell was still an option.

Was during HC search. Or maybe he noted that to Wood/Spielman/Sheila. Bevell got the boot

New era. We will miss Stafford dearly

Whoever they pick for new QB in the draft better be damn good as there is a very high bar

Was during HC search. Or maybe he noted that to Wood/Spielman/Sheila. Bevell got the boot

New era. We will miss Stafford dearly

Whoever they pick for new QB in the draft better be damn good as there is a very high bar

I can't say I'm I'll miss him. But it will be nice to rebuild properly.

Last edited:
I can't say I'm I'll miss him. But it will be nice to rebuild properly.

LOL properly. Pick good players no matter how you do it. There is no proper way other than picking good players (and also getting a little lucky mid to late rounder)

Chiefs gave up picks for Maholmes. Lucky Tyreek Hill beat his pregnant girlfriend to fall in the draft and Kelce a nice steal that is better than anyone expected. Looking like 2 or more

Pats were lucky to find Brady in Round 6 and Belicheck knew how to build a defense a variety of ways. Dynasty with Brady only

Seattle Wilson Round 3 luck due to size and nice defense built with late secondary picks plus Thomas, Wagner and solid Dline. 1 and done

Eagles good Oline and Dline with Schwartz calling the defense despite a suspect secondary. Wentz big reg season and Foles got hot. Solid weapons. 1 and done

Denver great defense, weapons galore, Peyton being old and not good. 1 and done

Ravens Flacco hot and good defense with Caldwell calling the plays. 1 and done

LOL properly. Pick good players no matter how you do it. There is no proper way other than picking good players (and also getting a little lucky mid to late rounder)

Chiefs gave up picks for Maholmes. Lucky Tyreek Hill beat his pregnant girlfriend to fall in the draft and Kelce a nice steal that is better than anyone expected. Looking like 2 or more

Pats were lucky to find Brady in Round 6 and Belicheck knew how to build a defense a variety of ways. Dynasty with Brady only

Seattle Wilson Round 3 luck due to size and nice defense built with late secondary picks plus Thomas, Wagner and solid Dline. 1 and done

Eagles good Oline and Dline with Schwartz calling the defense despite a suspect secondary. Wentz big reg season and Foles got hot. Solid weapons. 1 and done

Denver great defense, weapons galore, Peyton being old and not good. 1 and done

Ravens Flacco hot and good defense with Caldwell calling the plays. 1 and done

We haven't done a full rebuild in forever. We keep on trying to find that 1 piece when we need a dozen pieces.

Back