Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Will there be college football this fall?

Will there be college football this fall?

• Yes, coronavirus isn't real.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Trump will figure it out for us.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Yes, probably things will just get better by September.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, are you nuts?

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No, is this a real question? Have you been paying attention?

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No, everything is going to shit, and we'll all be in hell soon.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The SEC will play and claim their conference champion to be the NC on the basis that an SEC team would have won it anyway.

SEC wants to play because they spent too much money on their players not to play.

I don't know if you guys saw this:
The University of Nebraska strenuously objects to the Big Ten?s decision not to play football this fall. Nebraska still wants to play. The Big Ten won?t allow it.

Warren separately said in an interview with Yahoo.com regarding Nebraska?s interest in playing in the fall: ?No. Not and be a member of the Big Ten Conference.?
could you see Nebraska pushing this as a way to get out of the Big Ten, where they've become a PERENNIAL DOORMAT, while saving face?

Doctors & Public health experts: "This is a bad idea. Do not play football this fall."

College football players: "ME WANT 2 PLA FUT BALL"

This would be very rash and reckless perspective for a college football player who was 80 years old, obese and diabetic.

Not all doctors agree with the postponement of the season.

This would be very rash and reckless perspective for a college football player who was 80 years old, obese and diabetic.

Not all doctors agree with the postponement of the season.

There are more considerations. Legal risks are likely driving decisions. There's concern that dealing with liability arguments quickly will inadvertently provide justification for the term long student athlete or employee debate. The two Power Five conferences to say no to fall football are the two where players have organized with demands.

There are coaches and staff.

And there are spectators that aren't your legal responsibility, but you know will gather and make things worse for your community if there's something to see at a known place at a known time.

Last edited:
There are more considerations. Legal risks are likely driving decisions. There's concern that dealing with liability arguments quickly will inadvertently provide justification for the term long student athlete or employee debate. The two Power Five conferences to say no to fall football are the two where players have organized with demands.

There are coaches and staff.

And there are spectators that aren't your legal responsibility, but you know will gather and make things worse for your community if there's something to see at a known place at a known time.

I understand.

I was being flippant.

There would have been a yes from the start if there was an option for "Yes, even though things will be worse."

There is nothing wrong with the polls I create, or how the options are worded. My methods are 100% sound.

Word is getting around that they might re-vote this weekend. A couple sources reporting. Here is one

A Big Ten source told The Athletic on Thursday that restarting competition at the end of October is not out of the question, under the assumption that Big Ten campuses are outfitted with equipment to produce daily tests by the end of September. The source said the league’s Council of Presidents and Chancellors (COP/C) is expected to be briefed by the conference’s medical subcommittee this weekend and — if the group feels confident based on that information — could vote on a restart date as soon as Sunday. The source added that it is possible the league moves forward but individual schools still opt not to play in 2020.

Back