Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

With the 6th pick... the detroit lions select

With the 6th pick... the Lions should focus on improving what?

• Qb of the future. 3rd/4th qb off the board. Stroud or Levis

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Trenches. A Clemson dlineman. Murphy DE or Breese DT

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Run game. A RB?! Bijan Robinson or best G in draft Skoronsky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Secondary..Reach for a CB to fill a need. Cam Smith/Porter Jr

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Fuck this I'm out... trade down

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

mhughes0021

Who you got?!... or better stated what would you like see addressed early in the draft?

Last edited:
If you want them to be helping the team first year don't draft a CB.

It's tough to choose. But, I'd say another big DT, but other than Jalen Carter, Idk if anyone else is worthy of the pick. We also need a CB, but I'm also not sure if any are worthy of top 10, to be honest. Really need LB help as well, but this year's draft doesn't have a lot of good ones at the top. RB and WR have some really interesting prospects, but I feel like we're set for another year at the very least unless Jamal Williams leaves.

I wish i can say trade down but unless a QB slips, i dont see anyone else worth trading up for.

I'm sure Brad and Dan have some guys in mind, so we will see

It's tough to choose. But, I'd say another big DT, but other than Jalen Carter, Idk if anyone else is worthy of the pick. We also need a CB, but I'm also not sure if any are worthy of top 10, to be honest. Really need LB help as well, but this year's draft doesn't have a lot of good ones at the top. RB and WR have some really interesting prospects, but I feel like we're set for another year at the very least unless Jamal Williams leaves.

I wish i can say trade down but unless a QB slips, i dont see anyone else worth trading up for.

I'm sure Brad and Dan have some guys in mind, so we will see

I'm with ya... like alot of the CBs and Trenton Simpson at LB.... just later.

We trade back to 9 with the Panthers. They will jump the Raiders to grab whichever QB they like best...Richardson or Levis.

How is this for a trade.

Tampa Bay signs Tom Brady to a reasonable deal. Bucs Trade Brady to Detroit for Goff and Tampa Bay has to give up some draft pick because Brady is Ancient Lol.
Brady needs a offense line that can keep him upright. Lions have it.
Brady and lions win 2023 and 2024 and 2025 Super Bowls becoming the first NFL team to win three in a row.. Brady wins his 8th, 9th and 10th Super Bowl title !

How is this for a trade.

Tampa Bay signs Tom Brady to a reasonable deal. Bucs Trade Brady to Detroit for Goff and Tampa Bay has to give up some draft pick because Brady is Ancient Lol.
Brady needs a offense line that can keep him upright. Lions have it.
Brady and lions win 2023 and 2024 and 2025 Super Bowls becoming the first NFL team to win three in a row.. Brady wins his 8th, 9th and 10th Super Bowl title !

The Lions have a better chance to win a SB in the next 3 years with Goff than with Brady.

If you want them to be helping the team first year don't draft a CB.

Go tell that to the NY Jets, NE and Seattle. We could easily make a case that Sauce and Tariq Woolen were the most impactful defensive rookies this year. Sauce hands down was the most impactful rookie overall.

Last edited:
I've realized that Jalen Carter won't be there at 6. I would be okay if Brad Holmes trades up to 3 to take him(assuming QBs go 1-2). I would take both firsts or our #6, 48 and 81. I would prefer both firsts. I think Holmes does more with non first round picks.

Just another option but one where we get one of the top two defensive player and best DT. I think Carter makes more impact than Bresee and Cam Smith.

Last edited:
I've realized that Jalen Carter won't be there at 6. I would be okay if Brad Holmes trades up to 3 to take him(assuming QBs go 1-2). I would take both firsts or our #6, 48 and 81. I would prefer both firsts. I think Holmes does more with non first round picks.

Just another option but one where we get one of the top two defensive player and best DT. I think Carter makes more impact than Bresee and Cam Smith.

so you would rather have Carter than say, Breese & Porter Jr?

Yes. A billion times yes.

Edit - oops didnt realize this was in reference to trading both 1sts to move up. I still might do it, though. We have 2 second round picks and Brad earned my trust. Having a guy like Carter and Alim in the middle that can both blow up the interior on the snap with Hutch and the gaggle of edge rushers on the other side is seriously tempting.

Yes. Jalen Carter is a Chris Jones/Suh type game changer at DT. I wouldn't be upset with Bresee and Porter Jr. I think Carter improves our defense much more.

I trust what Brad Holmes has done so far and whatever he decides is probably better than any of our opinions. But we can all pretend we know better.

Reactions: 503
I don't understand people pushing for a qb of the future. Did Goff not show he can play? 28 years old? Put up pro bowl numbers? Is clearly a leader on the team...on and off the field? Wants to be here? Has a reasonable contract? Why would we not want this guy as THE guy? His deep ball improved drastically throughout the year and you could see his confidence come back. You give the guy another year and if the team is underperforming, you take a QB next year. No reason to mess with team chemistry by telling the starting QB that everyone on the teams loves that his job has a countdown on it. Until Goff shows he can't help us win, any QB drafted should be after the 3rd round.

I don't understand people pushing for a qb of the future. Did Goff not show he can play? 28 years old? Put up pro bowl numbers? Is clearly a leader on the team...on and off the field? Wants to be here? Has a reasonable contract? Why would we not want this guy as THE guy? His deep ball improved drastically throughout the year and you could see his confidence come back. You give the guy another year and if the team is underperforming, you take a QB next year. No reason to mess with team chemistry by telling the starting QB that everyone on the teams loves that his job has a countdown on it. Until Goff shows he can't help us win, any QB drafted should be after the 3rd round.

He had them before and the Rams didn't want him any more. I don't have a problem with Goff but nothing wrong drafting a QB even if he has to sit for 2-3-4 years. Like Favre or Rodgers to name a couple. Especially a year where we have 2 first round picks. And team chemistry or undermining the current QB are excuses.

Last edited:
Back