Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you rather...

would you rather...

• Be the NIT Champion

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Lose ignominiously in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to applaud you for using the word ignominiously. On a sports site.

I know he did but a sports site, a Michigan States thread. They're not good with the words.

I try to raise standards here.

Even if they don't know what the word means, they can access Merriam Webster online, just like you and I can.

I know he did but a sports site, a Michigan States thread. They're not good with the words.

LOL, no wonder you're so impressed by the use of big words - you're trying to make fun of Michigan State fans in a post where you pluralize Michigan State. Maybe you're trying to give MC and Hughes a run for their money in the dumbest poster contest. Congrats, you just shot up the rankings.

Well that's half your fan base here. Where are the other two?

I think winning a lesser championship is preferred to losing in disgrace and never recovering from such a loss, if that's even possible. EDIT: I expect that "Spartonia" was anticipating an ignominious first-round loss by Michigan in the NIT. Didn't happen.

Last edited:
Well that's half your fan base here. Where are the other two?

Whoa, that's a zinger. Well played - and way to use grammar check this time. We don't need numbers to point out what an ass you're making of yourself.

Last edited:
I think winning a lesser championship is preferred to losing in disgrace and never recovering from such a loss, if that's even possible. EDIT: I expect that "Spartonia" was anticipating an ignominious first-round loss by Michigan in the NIT. Didn't happen.

I wasn't expecting them to lose but an inconsequential win is only marginally better than an ignominious loss. Half the substantial uofm fanbase on DSF probably doesn't even know they won or who they beat.

This whole thing is pretty silly - first there are a lot more than two outcomes and I doubt either one of these choices is the most likely outcome. Second, I bet most uofm fans would rather have a mediocre team on the rise that made the tournament than a team on the decline in the NIT. Finally, I doubt anyone cares much about either at this point.

Last edited:

Did the NIT start already?

Michigan beat Toledo in the first round.

I watched the game.

I expect I?ll watch the next one.

I just checked the box score. Seems most UM fans didn't know it started either. Attendance was just over 4k for the game. Maybe you'll get another home game next round and break 5k. Not sure how the NIT works, but if you get far enough you might get the place to half capacity by round 10.

I just checked the box score. Seems most UM fans didn't know it started either. Attendance was just over 4k for the game. Maybe you'll get another home game next round and break 5k. Not sure how the NIT works, but if you get far enough you might get the place to half capacity by round 10.

Is the attendance in the box score?

Maybe it is.

The announcers talked about the Michigan fans at the game, but they didn?t really show the stands.

The attendance in my living room in front of my television was 100%.

I am projecting that it will be the same for the very next exciting round.

they're at Vandy on Saturday at noon. Set your DVR.

Too late to get your bracket in, but not too late to catch the excitement.

I'm not exactly sure how it works either but I believe the first three rounds are home games for the higher seeds then the final four is at a neutral site. So they need to win at Vandy and need the 1 seed in their bracket to get upset to get back to crisler for the meh-lite 8.

Last edited:
Back