Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you rather...

would you rather...

• Be the NIT Champion

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Lose ignominiously in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You should be thanking me for creating this poll and giving it enough of a run date that you could all retroactively pick choice two after you saw how your team would do.

I deserve a lot of credit for MSU gutting out a sweet 16

I would say you deserve some credit.

I would say ?a lot? of credit is pushing it.

Do any of the MSU players have a name? If they do, I couldn?t tell you a single one.

You should be thanking me for creating this poll and giving it enough of a run date that you could all retroactively pick choice two after you saw how your team would do.

I deserve a lot of credit for MSU gutting out a sweet 16

it doesn't make any more or less sense to pick option 2 (or 1 for that matter) now than it did before.

I would say you deserve some credit.

I would say ?a lot? of credit is pushing it.

Do any of the MSU players have a name? If they do, I couldn?t tell you a single one.

MSU players always have names like Green, Langford, Hoggard, Hauser, or Harris, but their guys named Harris don't have cool names like "Manny," instead they have lame names like "Gary."

The one exception the G-L-H names rule is "Appling" but they don't like to talk about him nowadays, for obvious reasons.

But if you remember all that, you'll always be able to guess a guy on their team for conversation purposes.

if they say "No, [name] graduated last year" just move on to the next name on my list and say he had a great game a couple games ago.

They also usually have one (1) white kid from Clarkston on the roster that they're always bitching about, but it's harder to think of a rule to memorize that guy's name, so just mention "the one white kid from Clarkston sucks" and that'll get a laugh from some MSU guys.

MSU players always have names like Green, Langford, Hoggard, Hauser, or Harris, but their guys named Harris don't have cool names like "Manny," instead they have lame names like "Gary."

The one exception the G-L-H names rule is "Appling" but they don't like to talk about him nowadays, for obvious reasons.

But if you remember all that, you'll always be able to guess a guy on their team for conversation purposes.

if they say "No, [name] graduated last year" just move on to the next name on my list and say he had a great game a couple games ago.

They also usually have one (1) white kid from Clarkston on the roster that they're always bitching about, but it's harder to think of a rule to memorize that guy's name, so just mention "the one white kid from Clarkston sucks" and that'll get a laugh from some MSU guys.

you're trying way too hard. You should have walked away before the OP but now you're just embarrassing yourself even more. Do yourself a favor and just walk away. You can come back in the fall and pretend like this never happened.

Last edited:
you're trying way too hard. You should have walked away before the OP but now you're just embarrassing yourself even more. Do yourself a favor and just walk away. You can come back in the fall and pretend like this never happened.

Whoa, take it easy. I was literally just answering a question.

EDIT: hey, what about that one kid on the team, the white kid from Clarkston? He sucks. can't believe he's on a Big Ten roster, amirite?

Izzo shoulda taken another big guy from the transfer portal.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: hey, what about that one kid on the team, the white kid from Clarkston? He sucks. can't believe he's on a Big Ten roster, amirite?

Izzo shoulda taken another big guy from the transfer portal.

like I said, you're trying way too hard.

no, you're supposed to say "Yeah, what the hell? why waste a schollie on that kid? Take another big from the portal"

It's not even funny to laugh at him anymore. I'm starting to think he's had a severe head injury.

Still, I'm of the opinion that the name has an influence on whether a student athlete goes to Michigan or Michigan State. Eddie Smith? Kirk Gibson? Mike Robinson? Eric Allen? Andre Rison? That white basketball player who's now a billionaire? They're Spartans. Inside and out. Thoughts?

EDIT: I reread this entire ignominious thread. What's up with post 50? Seems like a non sequitur of sorts. Like when Jesus told the Woman at the Well to "ask her husband." But that really wasn't one. Just seemed like it. He knew the man she was with was not her husband.

Last edited:

I?ve heard of all those guys, but I?m pretty sure they?re not on the team this season.

Didn?t the Spartans make Kid Rock a permanent honorary member of the basketball team so they would always have one white kid from Clarkston, in case one wasn?t available in the transfer portal?

Last edited:
I don?t think a serious head injury would change much. It would be hard to get worse at this than he is.

Edit: btw aren?t they the ones with a big dopey white guy they?re always bitching about because they thought he was their savior but turned out to be a steamy bag of dog shit? I actually can?t remember his name even though he?s been their for what seems like 9 years.

Last edited:
I don?t think a serious head injury would change much. It would be hard to get worse at this than he is.

Edit: btw aren?t they the ones with a big dopey white guy they?re always bitching about because they thought he was gonna be their savior but turned out to be a steamy bag of dog shit? I actually can?t remember his name even though he?s been their for what seems like 9 years.

How that douche didn't end up at Duke is beyond me.

How that douche didn't end up at Duke is beyond me.

I looked him up, hunter Dickinson. He didn?t get a dook offer - only a 4 star. The only things dook caliber about that kid are his douchey name and overall douchiness.

Last edited:
You uofm posters are just jealous because we have a coach that only plays his son that doesn?t belong on the floor during garbage time.

I looked him up, hunter Dickinson. He didn?t get a dook offer - only a 4 star. The only things dook caliber about that kid are his douchey name and overall douchiness.

Pretty sure that Hunter is related to Bruce Dickinson. Yes, THE Bruce Dickinson.

Makes sense - Iron Maiden would be in the NIT of the battle of metal bands?

Last edited:
Back