Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you rather...

would you rather...

• Be the NIT Champion

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Lose ignominiously in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did shut off the TV for Lent and I am hoping MSU has a good run. What can I say; this Lent is transformational for me. I hope to emerge more charitable and more humble. So best of luck to Michigan State.

I did shut off the TV for Lent and I am hoping MSU has a good run. What can I say; this Lent is transformational for me. I hope to emerge more charitable and more humble. So best of luck to Michigan State.

I?m watching Michigan hoisting the hockey B1G tournament trophy. On television.

Fully on board with hoping Sparty goes as far in whatever postseason basketball tournament as they can that they?re participating in.

Go Green, Go White!

They all did. See my post #31.

Gotcha, so they all lost in the first round. Looks like they?re spreading the uofm curse all over college basketball. Unless there is a fourth you got one wrong - Johns went to VCU, not UVA.

Last edited:
Gotcha, so they all lost in the first round. Looks like they?re spreading the uofm curse all over college basketball. Unless there is a fourth you got one wrong - Johns went to VCU, not UVA.

Yeah, I made it up.

I don?t know who the players were or where they went.

Purdue, Virginia and Arizona were the three most ignominious bounces from a tournament that I understand the Spartans are still participants in, so all three join my Wolverines on the ash heap of ignominiousness in hoops, 2022-2023.

Go Green, Go White.

I remember Frankie Collins went to ASU because I remember watching his new team kick the living shit out of his old team this year. They lost in the 1st round tho too.

You?re tempting me to turn on the Spartan game @ 2:15 pm my time and not believe it to be sacrilege to hope the Spartan are not unsuccessful.

I think you remember with fondness the the great Spartan football teams of 65 and 66 - that was when I was alive, but just before my time of cognizance.

I think if I were remembering them, I would be remembering them with fondness.

You?re tempting me to turn on the Spartan game @ 2:15 pm my time and not believe it to be sacrilege to hope the Spartan are not unsuccessful.

I think you remember with fondness the the great Spartan football teams of 65 and 66 - that was when I was alive, but just before my time of cognizance.

I think if I were remembering them, I would be remembering them with fondness.

I remember them distinctly. They were excellent teams, and I remember the names of many players, including the barefoot kicker from Hawaii, Dick Kenney.

I remember them distinctly. They were excellent teams, and I remember the names of many players, including the barefoot kicker from Hawaii, Dick Kenney.

I met the great big Samoan fullback.

He a member of a gym I used to go to.

He was a nice guy.

I?m gonna prolly watch the game the Spartan hoops team is about to play, and I?m gonna prolly root for the Spartans.

EDIT: Bob Apisa. That was the dude?s name.

Last edited:
Because Sunday is not a day of Lent, I actually turned on the television and watched Michigan State beat Marquette. Well done, Spartans. Now back to the previously scheduled mortifications.

Last edited:
Because Sunday is not a day of Lent, I actually turned on the television and watch Michigan State beat Marquette. Well done, Spartans. Now back to the previously scheduled mortifications.

Cool. Good on that.

I was raised to believe by my dear darling departed uncle that taught me we root for Sparty when they?re not playing against Michigan.

My dear darling departed father never cared that much.

Good on Sparty.

I hope they win their next game.

Maybe i?lll pay attention.

Because Sunday is not a day of Lent, I actually turned on the television and watched Michigan State beat Marquette. Well done, Spartans. Now back to the previously scheduled mortifications.

I usually treat Sunday as a day of Lent - I actually didn't know they weren't until about 15 years ago and I've just continued to honor my Lentin resolutions straight through to Easter. But yesterday, I did break down and have a couple Oreos (gave up sweets & swearing) while watching MSU and a couple more while watching the Hoosiers choke in the last 10 minutes of their game.

Unfortunately it looks like we play Thurs and then possibly Saturday this weekend.

I usually treat Sunday as a day of Lent - I actually didn't know they weren't until about 15 years ago and I've just continued to honor my Lentin resolutions straight through to Easter. But yesterday, I did break down and have a couple Oreos (gave up sweets & swearing) while watching MSU and a couple more while watching the Hoosiers choke in the last 10 minutes of their game.

Unfortunately it looks like we play Thurs and then possibly Saturday this weekend.

I stopped profanity a long time ago. It's kind of liberating and one less sin that I have to take with me to the confessional.

Not sure why you think it's "unfortunate" that MSU is still playing games in the NCAA tournament.

EDIT: NOW I see. The shortened prep and travel time.

Last edited:
I stopped profanity a long time ago. It's kind of liberating and one less sin that I have to take with me to the confessional.

Not sure why you think it's "unfortunate" that MSU is still playing games in the NCAA tournament.

I've tried every year since my late 20s but I keep slipping back into old habits. I say it's because of the environment I used to work in but I know that's not entirely, if at all true.

Unfortunate that win or lose, they won't play Sunday when you can watch. I'm sure it's not a big disappointment for you, but as I've gotten older I prefer to have some rooting interest in games I'm watching.

Last edited:

Wow.

That?s a different thing.

I thought if Friday/Sunday was a team?s grouping in rounds 1&2, it would continue to be so in rounds 3&4.

What?s up with that?

Sundays aren't a part of lent? When I went to catholic school (grades 1-12) I thought lent was 40 days, and whatever you "sacrificed", was for the entire 40 days.

Sundays aren't a part of lent? When I went to catholic school (grades 1-12) I thought lent was 40 days, and whatever you "sacrificed", was for the entire 40 days.

Sundays are always feast days. Perhaps I misstated. Of course, any Sunday in Lent is considered as within Lent, but they are not "prescribed days of fasting and abstinence." Now, should that mean that I go off the rails? Not at all. Just means, to me, that I can surrender one of my mortifications for a time of the day. I reserved this occasion to watch a specific basketball game.

Wow.

That?s a different thing.

I thought if Friday/Sunday was a team?s grouping in rounds 1&2, it would continue to be so in rounds 3&4.

What?s up with that?

I thought the same thing. No idea why that is. At least our opponent was on the same schedule for rounds 1 & 2 so they don't get an extra day of rest or prep.

I've tried every year since my late 20s but I keep slipping back into old habits. I say it's because of the environment I used to work in but I know that's not entirely, if at all true.

Unfortunate that win or lose, they won't play Sunday when you can watch. I'm sure it's not a big disappointment for you, but as I've gotten older I prefer to have some rooting interest in games I'm watching.

Well ... that's how the basketball bounces.

Guess we won't have to worry about this poll since neither thing will happen now that UM just had a meltdown against a shitty Vandy team. Blew a 9 pt lead with 4 straight turnovers to end the game

You should be thanking me for creating this poll and giving it enough of a run date that you could all retroactively pick choice two after you saw how your team would do.

I deserve a lot of credit for MSU gutting out a sweet 16

Back