Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Your Mock Draft

Maybe they were testing value. See what it takes to move up to 4 so they can properly price pick 7 for a trade down

moving up from 7 to 4 isn't the same as moving up from 10 to 7

of course not but you see the value to move up 3 spots and then subtract some.

Eagles GM calls everybody everywhere to see what it would take to move up. He is testing market value not actually trying to move up.

We don't really know what Holmes was doing. It's all rumors. Maybe the call never got made other than just a feeler type call

of course not but you see the value to move up 3 spots and then subtract some.

Eagles GM calls everybody everywhere to see what it would take to move up. He is testing market value not actually trying to move up.

We don't really know what Holmes was doing. It's all rumors. Maybe the call never got made other than just a feeler type call

Id say the value should be similar in this instance if the players named are true. #4 would be trading up for a WR. #7 would be trading up for a QB. Teams tend to pay a higher price tag to get a qb. Doesnt make sense to me....but its what tends to happen typcally because theres multiple offers for the QB and it drives the price up.

Last edited:
Bridgewater to Denver. likely no trade down there now

Parson in rd 1 and Jevon Holland in Rd. I?d like that start

Parson in rd 1 and Jevon Holland in Rd. I?d like that start

Defense and OTs. Mayyyyybe a mid round WR for the slot.

Finish the oline...get some talent on Defense and it will be a good start. This team is 2 years away and thats assuming Goff isnt complete shit.

Last edited:
Defense and OTs. Mayyyyybe a mid round WR for the slot.

Finish the oline...get some talent on Defense and it will be a good start. This team is 2 years away and thats assuming Goff isnt complete shit.

If we could develop a tackle, someone would mortgage the future in 2-3 years if we choose to keep Decker. A tackle could have immediate and long term value.

Common sense would tell you this is a smoke screen. Do you think Holmes or any GM would call ATL and say ?Hey we want to move up to #4 so we can select player x??

That's easy. Jags aren't moving out of #1. Jets aren't moving out of #2. SF just traded up to #3 so they aren't moving out of that slot. If Atlanta really wants Chase, they wouldn't be looking to move out of the #4 spot because he's gone at #5.......so who gives a fuck if you say you're about to pick?

Think, McFly!!!

Last edited:
Hope we can trade down for more darts at the board. I really don?t want a WR at 7. To many good ones can be picked later.

Think Sewell will be gone

Chase is more of a game changer than Slater

Between Slater and Waddle/Smith give me Slater I guess

Slater better finally fix RT though. It's a deep tackle class too though

Hope we can trade down for more darts at the board. I really don?t want a WR at 7. To many good ones can be picked later.

But not too far down. Plus, it depends on who's available to pick at #7 that the Lions can leverage.

here is what I think will happen before the Lions pick

1 Lawrence
2 Wilson
3 Jones
4 Pitts
5 Chase
6 Sewell

So, if this is the scenario, the Lions need to trade back.

here is what I think will happen before the Lions pick

1 Lawrence
2 Wilson
3 Jones
4 Pitts
5 Chase
6 Sewell

So, if this is the scenario, the Lions need to trade back.

Back to ninth? Or all the way to #15 and demand a lot from NE?

Think Sewell will be gone

Chase is more of a game changer than Slater

Between Slater and Waddle/Smith give me Slater I guess

Slater better finally fix RT though. It's a deep tackle class too though

It's a deeper T class than impact WR class. Chase is a given at #7 if available....and I certainly would entertain moving up to get him as long as the price wasn't too steep.

If it comes to #7.....and Pitts, Sewell and Chase are gone....give me...

1. Trade Down
2. Waddle
3. Parsons
4. Smith
5. Surtain

There will be T's available later that could be just as good at RT. Don't want anything to do with one at #7. In fact, I think it would benefit us MORE if we improved RG with a day 2 pick and kept Crosby at RT. Taking a RT still leaves a massive hole at RG....a position that is more impactful to the running game.

Last edited:
I also think Cincinnati could be a good trade up target. If they like Pitts and Sewell....trading up with them makes a lot of sense as one of those two would be available at #7 (yes, this is assuming that someone likely trades with Atl to get a QB at #4).

I'd give a 3rd this year (and even a 4th or 5th next year) to move up 2 spots if it meant JaMarr Chase would be a Lion.

Sewell, Slater, Chase, parsons or trade down... I'm OK with any of those.

It is a deep OT class.... but I don't know if any of those rd2 or rd3 guys are better than Crosby to be honest.

WR is also a deep class and you can get a starting slot or outside guy in rd3 or 4. Like a list of 7 of them would start on this team from rd3.

Lb... you need 1 or 2 in the first 2 rds then the talent drops off significantly. Browning, cox, Bolton, werner probably of the board in rd2.

Last edited:
It's a deeper T class than impact WR class. Chase is a given at #7 if available....and I certainly would entertain moving up to get him as long as the price wasn't too steep.

If it comes to #7.....and Pitts, Sewell and Chase are gone....give me...

1. Trade Down
2. Waddle
3. Parsons
4. Smith
5. Surtain

There will be T's available later that could be just as good at RT. Don't want anything to do with one at #7. In fact, I think it would benefit us MORE if we improved RG with a day 2 pick and kept Crosby at RT. Taking a RT still leaves a massive hole at RG....a position that is more impactful to the running game.

They very well might be planning to keep Crosby as the RT starter and target a RG in rds 2-4. Use Vatai as a versatile next man up.

Last edited:
Back