Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Zimmerman To Be Charged

I hope this circus isnt televised

the real problem with that is the way the media distorts everything that's going on.

oftentimes actual jurors leave the experience feeling reassured about the criminal justice system & report having learned a lot about how the courts function. you don't get that from watching Geraldo or Nancy Grace.

the real problem with that is the way the media distorts everything that's going on.

oftentimes actual jurors leave the experience feeling reassured about the criminal justice system & report having learned a lot about how the courts function. you don't get that from watching Geraldo or Nancy Grace.

The only thing I ever learned from Nancy Grace was not to eat fast food 3 times a day or go to SuperCuts.

Is she still talking about Natalee Holloway? I swear every time I channel surfed passed CNN years ago that was the topic.

you mean "tot mom"...lol

did she ever call her by name ?

Yeah she got a solid year of shows out of 'tot mom'. Her and Geraldo should get together and hunt down tot mom to Al Capone's vault in OJ's white bronco.

Recently read the wikipedia page on this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

I think Zimmerman will go free and I don't think Zimmerman is racist. There's a side to the story we're never going to hear and witness accounts vary, but there are more accounts than I had realized too. How reliable each account is perceived to be might be significant. There might some truth to the idea that the pictures used to publicize the story impacted public reaction. I didn't realize Martin was 3" taller than Zimmerman.

edit: this says the difference was 7"
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...-beat-bloodied-George-Zimmerman.-Game-changer

Last edited:

I think Zimmerman will go free and I don't think Zimmerman is racist. There's a side to the story we're never going to hear and witness accounts vary, but there are more accounts than I had realized too. How reliable each account is perceived to be might be significant. There might some truth to the idea that the pictures used to publicize the story impacted public reaction. I didn't realize Martin was 3" taller than Zimmerman.

you mean you think he will be acquitted?

At least he will be charged and face a trial by jury... which is what should've happened all along.

sounds like the Sanford police chief is gone, which is a good start. probably a few other officers on the force that need to explain exactly why Zimmerman was never referred to the DA for charges...

Last edited by a moderator:
you mean you think he will be acquitted?

At least he will be charged and face a trial by jury... which is what should've happened all along.

sounds like the Sanford police chief is gone, which is a good start. probably a few other officers on the force that need to explain exactly why Zimmerman was never referred to the DA for charges...

We need to know more about who knew what when, but with these new reports, the issue is being raised that Zimmerman was changed in-part because of the politics of it. I do think that if they find that he was improperly charged, it's only because of the messed-up stand your ground law.

edit:well, "they" are the defense...so, take the idea that he was improperly charged with a gain of salt.

2nd edit: I misread, I don't know who "they" are.

Last edited:
If Zimmerman is black and Martin white, Zimmerman is sitting in jail since the shooting and cable media doesn't mention the story at all.

edit: this says the difference was 7"
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...-beat-bloodied-George-Zimmerman.-Game-changer

Who gives a fuck about how much taller he was.

Zimmerman confronted Martin with a gun, Martin has skittles. I guess Skittles and a few inches makes it even.

If Zimmerman is black and Martin white, Zimmerman is sitting in jail since the shooting and cable media doesn't mention the story at all.

Probably, but things might be changing. If you look at current pictures of Zimmerman and Martin vs the ones the media actually ran with, it looks like they're promoting a bias against Zimmerman. And unfortunately, image is a big deal.

We need to know more about who knew what when, but with these new reports, the issue is being raised that Zimmerman was changed in-part because of the politics of it. I do think that if they find that he was improperly charged, it's only because of the messed-up stand your ground law.

edit:well, "they" are the defense...so, take the idea that he was improperly charged with a gain of salt.

2nd edit: I misread, I don't know who "they" are.

Politics only got him charged when he was let go wrongly in the first place, you might say politics got him off the hook at the start. If Zimmerman was black and Martin white, he would have been charged right away, stand your ground law or not.

How was he improperly charged? Because they chose not to take it before the grand jury?

It makes me sick when people try to make excuses for this guy. It's as laughable as people who claim OJ Simpson was framed.

Who gives a fuck about how much taller he was.

Zimmerman confronted Martin with a gun, Martin has skittles. I guess Skittles and a few inches makes it even.

I'm not saying it matters with regard to right or wrong or legal matters. I'm talking about the difference between the image of the event I had in my head from media coverage vs. reality. The difference is huge. I'm wondering if people just ran with the 1st pictures they had or if there were pictures to choose from.

I don't understand what you mean in saying the media is "promoting a bias" with the case -- are you saying the entire media or are you identifying certain outlets? I will admit to not following the story on TV but it seems like the FoxNews side is making it out to be a 2nd Amendment/NRA issue and the "liberal media" is focusing on the racial aspects.

Unfortunately trial by media isn't held to the same standards as the courts.

Politics only got him charged when he was let go wrongly in the first place, you might say politics got him off the hook at the start. If Zimmerman was black and Martin white, he would have been charged right away, stand your ground law or not.

How was he improperly charged? Because they chose not to take it before the grand jury?

It makes me sick when people try to make excuses for this guy. It's as laughable as people who claim OJ Simpson was framed.

Improperly charged under the stand your ground law. Legally improper, not morally improper.

Back