Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Zimmerman To Be Charged

"Tot Mom" was mentioned previously in the thread as another example of a criminal situation being played out on cable TV on a nightly basis and though we all know its "innocent until proven guilty," the media had pretty much already convicted her. You seem to say Zimmerman has already been convicted too.

I don't know how everyone else feels. I just know that I had the wrong impression. Regarding both things that actually matter and things that shouldn't (but sway opinion anyway.)

yes. At least in Colorado they do. Two summers ago a guy in Denver shot and killed a 17yr old burglar and was ultimately exonerated but was initially arrested until the facts were determined (as well as for his safety it was said, being a 30-something white guy in an urban Denver area, shooting a black teenager).

It makes sense to me to arrest anyone that shoots and kills someone else, I just don't know the law. If that's the law, there's no explanation for what happened here. If there are reasons why you wouldn't arrest someone, then I'd need to know what they are to weigh in on whether or not they apply. I just don't know.

I don't know how everyone else feels. I just know that I had the wrong impression. Regarding both things that actually matter and things that shouldn't (but sway opinion anyway.)

I totally understand what you're questioning and only a complete idiot wouldn't question the corporate media's motivations or bias on both sides, I just haven't followed this story really, nor made any conclusions about the facts of the case. I'm not trying to convict Zimmerman anymore than I'm trying to make excuses for him or politicize the story like tsmith just did a few posts ago.

And fwiw, Tot Mom is that Casey Anthony chick, and Buckeye fan

I totally understand what you're questioning and only a complete idiot wouldn't question the corporate media's motivations or bias on both sides, I just haven't followed this story really, nor made any conclusions about the facts of the case. I'm not trying to convict Zimmerman anymore than I'm trying to make excuses for him or politicize the story like tsmith just did a few posts ago.

And fwiw, Tot Mom is that Casey Anthony chick, and Buckeye fan

Oh...OK...I was thinking it was that overdone-tater-tot lookin', sunburnt mom.

Do they arrest you if you shoot a home invader? (I don't know.) If the stand your ground law extends those right to people outside their homes that claim they feel threatened, then it could be be the law that's screwed up rather than the police.

RED, see HERE.

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law contained some absurd "immunity from criminal prosecution" clause, which is an issue in and of itself, but yes, you're SUPPOSED to be arrested when you shoot someone. Prosecution is a different matter.

yes. At least in Colorado they do. Two summers ago a guy in Denver shot and killed a 17yr old burglar and was ultimately exonerated but was initially arrested until the facts were determined (as well as for his safety it was said, being a 30-something white guy in an urban Denver area, shooting a black teenager).

Yep. in Colorado, AND most sane places where people haven't forgotten why we have laws in the first place, that's what they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
RED, see HERE.

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law contained some absurd "immunity from criminal prosecution" clause, which is an issue in and of itself, but yes, you're SUPPOSED to be arrested when you shoot someone. Prosecution is a different matter.

Yep. in Colorado, AND most sane places where people haven't forgotten why we have laws in the first place, that's what they do.

He reviewed a request and didn't charge him. The word "arrest" does not appear in that story. A warrant request was reviewed in the Zimmerman case too. http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/2718130/sanford-cops-wanted-to-charge.html

tsmith will see it all differently when he discovers Zimmerman is an active democrat.

I don't care what he is.....MSNBC(Rev Al, Sgt Schultz, and drooling Chris Matthews) was convicting the guy before all the facts were out......egg on Rev's face.....

I don't care what he is.....MSNBC(Rev Al, Sgt Schultz, and drooling Chris Matthews) was convicting the guy before all the facts were out......egg on Rev's face.....

They can all call the Bush administration and FOX News to ask whats the best way to wash egg off their faces. Cause the whole Saddam/Iraq/WMD thing caused a shortage of eggs for months.

They can all call the Bush administration and FOX News to ask whats the best way to wash egg off their faces. Cause the whole Saddam/Iraq/WMD thing caused a shortage of eggs for months.

once again...I'll refer you to the Iraqi War vote, President Bill Clinton and every world leader.

Really? Bill Clinton had Collin Powell go before the UN and lie and then threw him under the bus when the lies were exposed?! Fuck, I didn't know that!

once again...I'll refer you to the Iraqi War vote, President Bill Clinton and every world leader.

What's that got to do with anything?

You brought up egg on someone's face, which happened to Bush and FOX when they assumed something without hard facts.

The same thing you're accusing MSNBC and Rev. Al of doing with Zimmerman.

The difference is when Zimmerman gets convicted, there will be no egg.

Now tell me about the gas prices in Clarkston again. :nuts:

What's that got to do with anything?

You brought up egg on someone's face, which happened to Bush and FOX when they assumed something without hard facts.

The same thing you're accusing MSNBC and Rev. Al of doing with Zimmerman.

The difference is when Zimmerman gets convicted, there will be no egg.

Now tell me about the gas prices in Clarkston again. :nuts:

Saddam with WMD's was a bi-partisan assumption dating back to slick willy. I dont recall Fox News convicting Trayvon.

gas prices in Clarkston is around $3.85 today, I'll wait a couple days, Victors says it will be much much lower

If I had to guess, I think he walks just because the details seem so murky. They don't have to prove innocence. I wouldn't bet either way though.

What hurts is the judge threw out the voice expert evidence of the 911 call where they claimed it was Treyvon screaming and not Zimmerman as he claims.

That was one of the prosecutions biggest points.

this whole case is going to be miserable.

you will have gun nuts backing Zimmerman ...the Black community coming out against him ...a general uneasiness and queasy feeling about how some kid got shot and is now dead, but "justified" by some and a ton of NOBODY KNOWS JACK SHIT BUT HAS A LOUD OPINION ABOUT IT and ....

quite likely, depending on the outcome, a response or reaction that will likely make matters worse.

Ugh. cable news....

Back