Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official New ][V][ichigan Head Coach Search Thread

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/12/20/7429341/49ers-jumbotron-shows-jim-harbaugh-michigan-sign
They're saying this pictures was momentarily displayed on the 49ers jumbotron.

B5WNlqQCEAAs9rt.jpg

From some scuttle I reviewed yesterday ...not ChatSports .. it was intimated that Sam Webb knows (and has) that it's a Done Deal.

Webb and Bacon were supposedly asked to keep quiet until the 12/29 or 12/30 anticipated Presser to announce.

I think it's possibly telling because when is Webb so quiet? Not during contentious recruiting talk and not during other AD/Coach drama this year.

Drew Sharp furiously preparing his next piece:

"Harbaugh to Michigan a bad fit"

"Michigan settles for Plan B in taking Harbaugh"

"Harbaugh's lack of competitive edge"

It's interesting that trusted 'Insiders' haven't had much to say recently but that national NFL guys and 'Internet'-based 'sources' have either suddenly changed their story or blabbed something like Wiley did?

Nothing has changed in days. Same back and forth about 'the offer' - happened, official or unofficial - and complete speculation on a timeframe for resolution.

Otherwise nothing is new. And nobody credible is saying anything. MGoBlog is just reaffirming known news and debunking the nonsense.

And waiting. Too

Its all wait and see for another 7-10 days. If we dont have an official announcement by the 30th then I will start to worry. Hackett told the plays when they go back to school on Jan 4th they should expect to meet with the new coach.

Drew Sharp furiously preparing his next piece:

"Harbaugh to Michigan a bad fit"

"Michigan settles for Plan B in taking Harbaugh"

"Harbaugh's lack of competitive edge"

"With $48MM offer Michigan shows how far they've fallen (alternatively: ...how desperate they've become)"

You can scratch off the Dolphins. Miami announced they are bringing Philbin back.

And hours after Jay Glazer floated the Bears, local Chicago station said no way Bears can compete with $8M.

And people wonder why you 'leak' that number.

The Bears fan here at work seems to think that the Bears are getting Harbaugh. I'm looking for a story to ruin his Christmas.

Well that blew the fuck up in my face. The more I thought about it the more I realized that of all the teams that have been speculated this far, Chicago is definitely the best option by far and Jim played there. I seriously doubt that the bears CAN'T match Michigan's offer, I don't know about their ownership and front office to know if that's against their modus operandi our not. Any NFL team can afford 8 million per year.

The Bears fan here at work seems to think that the Bears are getting Harbaugh. I'm looking for a story to ruin his Christmas.

All the d-bag Jets fans on MGoBrian think the Jets are going to hire him. You know, because they're ....the Jets.

And the Jets are really awesome if you're a NY/NJ area Jets fan..

Schefter does not think there are many good NFL options.

I know Jim wants to win a super bowl, but if he went to Oakland, he wouldn't be getting there for a long time. Same with the Bears and Jets. Where else could he go?

Schefter does not think there are many good NFL options.

I know Jim wants to win a super bowl, but if he went to Oakland, he wouldn't be getting there for a long time. Same with the Bears and Jets. Where else could he go?

That's the thing, the bears are at least solid. They're not great, but they're certainly better than either the jets or the raiders. I wouldn't ever want to be involved with that freak show in Oakland, they're a mess.

Schefter is back-pedaling faster than I have ever seen any "journalist"

First it's No Way ANYONE ever leaves the NFL ...to Too Many NFL Options ....now to, Well, since there really arent' ANY NFL offers, he might actually consider Michigan.

How gay.

There are at least a half-dozen shitty NFL jobs that are far worse than a good dozen or more college jobs.

Back