Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official New ][V][ichigan Head Coach Search Thread

I still say we are not getting jim

And if we to it is three years

Mgoblog will be dying either wAy

Now other media folks saying sll jim is going is getting leverage

I can't find the original article I read yesterday about the offer where they felt it was his camp leaking it

It feels like we are getting played for more money ...Hope I am wrong...

Obama watches ESPN in the morning.

That news broke maybe about a week ago; apparently he told this to Colin Cowherd.

"The one difference is that, in politics, sometimes people forget, we're actually all on the same team, and that's the American team." -Obama

That is hilarious.

It feels like we are getting played for more money ...Hope I am wrong...

Heard the same thing. It was reported that Jim himself was the one that leaked the $7-$8M per year from Miami when he was negotiating his deal with the 49ers.

I see a lot of it on Twitter, too. People RT things by ESPNsucks dillholes so I see it but don't follow those chumps.

It's just funny - now it's not really a rumored offer on the table, it's leaked information that JH himself leaked to screw UM and leverage his negotiations with NFL teams? Under no other storyline or circumstance would there be such rampant suspicion and conspiracy.

Some have said it's Jack Harbaugh behind all of the recent spike in positive news because he wants Jim to take the job and Dave Brandon, of all people, leaking some of the pro-NFL/won't go to UM stuff...

I see a lot of it on Twitter, too. People RT things by ESPNsucks dillholes so I see it but don't follow those chumps.

It's just funny - now it's not really a rumored offer on the table, it's leaked information that JH himself leaked to screw UM and leverage his negotiations with NFL teams? Under no other storyline or circumstance would there be such rampant suspicion and conspiracy.

Some have said it's Jack Harbaugh behind all of the recent spike in positive news because he wants Jim to take the job and Dave Brandon, of all people, leaking some of the pro-NFL/won't go to UM stuff...

This is getting so ridiculous. Just bullshit flying around everywhere. Who's going to be the next responsible party for the leak?
d4922e4d253d5f018d18fa22d72db64e34aebefd75e8bf835c1b321a59596197.jpg

I'm guessing in reality it's a pretty fluid situation and that it's very likely JH has gone back and forth and/or may not have considered UM but for circustances like these - the 49'ers situation + nature of the "issue" there

youd think if harbaugh didn't want the job hed atleast have the decency to say no instead of using us as a way to drive his NFL price up and delay our head coaching search....id just have to think his situation isn't that bad with us that hed do that.

youd think if harbaugh didn't want the job hed atleast have the decency to say no instead of using us as a way to drive his NFL price up and delay our head coaching search....id just have to think his situation isn't that bad with us that hed do that.

Herb leveraged the opening at ND that ultimately went to cankles to get the Florida gig and we've all heard guys like Saban look into the camera and tell bald-faced lies.

It's just the amount of suspicion that grows with each passing minute. Some sort of "development" in the coaching saga morphs and takes on its own life in hours.

I replied to a guy on MGoBrian who asserted that if JH says "No" at this point, that UM is screwed because it will then have to pay any coach $8M/yr because that's what JH has been offered (allegedly).

Makes no sense whatsoever, but I'm sure the young poster is just twisting and tortured and incapable of just waiting it out.

I figure there has been some discussion/contact between Harbaugh (or his agent) and our Ath Dept. already, but I wouldn't be surprised though to learn there had been no offer, period, and both parties are just sitting there quietly enjoying all the crazy speculation going around, watching these jackasses make... well... bigger jackasses of themselves.

Jim just leaving SF may not be as easy as people think either, even if the 49ers management wants him to leave. He still has a year on his contract, right? If their relations are really as cold as they appear... maybe they don't let him out without paying a penalty, or something like that? Or decide they want to trade him to Oakland, then, does he have to go? I have no idea what his contract with them looks like. This could be a mess, and all the media speculation just makes it a bigger headache for all concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still say we are not getting jim

And if we to it is three years

Mgoblog will be dying either wAy

Now other media folks saying sll jim is going is getting leverage

I can't find the original article I read yesterday about the offer where they felt it was his camp leaking it

As much as I hate to admit it, I think you may be right. But then again... assuming both parties are doing things "Bo's Way," i.e. finish one job before you take another, no news - no official news - could be good news.

I also hate to think he'd take the job for such a limited duration of time... I'd hope he'd be our coach for 10 years, at least.

Well he wouldn't have to go to another team, that much has been made clear (right to veto any trade). As far as any potential buyout, at $8.1 mil per year, what's another 3-4? A lot of money, but figure that over the life of the contract and it's about 8%.

This is it for me. I thought I was sick of reading about who might be our new coach weeks ago... but I didn't realize how much more sick of it I'd get until today.

I'm going to avoid every post, thread, tweet, or article about this topic... if some other site I'm reading happens to have a link titled "Michigan hires Coach X" I guess I'll find out by default, but I don't care anymore if I'm the last Michigan fan to hear about it. In fact, I hope I hear about it from someone 70 years old, who doesn't own a computer and read about it in a newspaper. Or saw it on Fox News. You can't get less happening than that.

Fuck the internet.

I will admit last weekend up on the mountain was a nice break from the day to day lunacy of the search process.

It's no different than so many other things that have become "Screen Refresh" stories where people maniacally seek new information every few minutes when, from the outset, it was never going to be a quick solution.

What gives me "peace" is two-fold --- 1) In reality, it's football and not a life-changing ordeal compared to so many other things. 2) Things are basically playing out on a timetable we fans were given at the beginning of the search/Hackett term of DB.

Patience...

In 1982, Bo turned down a $3M offer from Texas A&M saying "Frankly, I've come to the conclusion that there are things more important in this world than money. For that reason, I've decided to stay at Michigan."

The deal would have made Bo the highest paid coach in college football.

Adjusted for inflation that's $7.4M...over 10 years.

I don't know what else to do to pass the time. I'd rather bullshit with Michigan fans about this stuff than listen to all the mindless morons talking about the latest reality TV series that moderately intelligent human beings should realize are stupid.

Edit: Plus I enjoy the personalities here. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a more classy threesome proposition than what Tinsel laid (no pun intended) out a while back.

Last edited:
Back