Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cut Stafford....really? Grades as a Top 10 QB

Tds are not volume stats. Td to int ratio is not a volume stat. He has to throw strikes for first downs to be able to attempt more passes. No rum game hurts him dropping more coverage

Stafford is very impressive. It is not just volume

LKP speaks a lot like Trump

Ratios aren't volume. But it's also important to take into account eras.

In Steve Youngs 1st full season as a starter, he led the league with 25 passing TDs, only 5 QBs had more than 20.

In Staffords 1st full season as a starter, the league leader had 46 TDs, and 14 QBs had more than 20.

So you better have a higher ratio. Everyone is throwing more TDs.

Stafford is impressive. Eli, big ben, brady, rivers,ryan were not doing what stafford were doing. Manning and brees are pretty much the same era

Its impressive. You are just being a full on hater trying to downplay this. You were wrong about stafford. Enjoy being wrong. I can remind you daily if you like

LKP speaks a lot like Trump

Matt Staford is the greatest quarterback. He is the best and greatest qb in America. So Great. They are going to construct a wall (hillary chimes in "with chinese steel") and at the top of that wall will be staffords great face. Its going to be a great wall. And let me just tell you something. The refs during that Bears game. The whole system was rigged. The refs were awful. The worst refs ever in the history of refs.

*insert coke sniffle here*

Last edited:
There are some bad hombres on this board that need to be deported. Putin doesnt respect any of you

Let me tell you why Matt Stafford's the greatest. Trust me, I know great. I know billions and billions (with the weird way he says bill) of quarterbacks. Lot of them, fantastic. I know some from New York, some from Chicago, even some from CHINA! Let me tell you, none are better than Matt Stafford.

Matt Stafford is going to make the NFL great again.

Matt Staford is the greatest quarterback. He is the best and greatest qb in America. So Great. They are going to construct a wall (hillary chimes in "with chinese steel") and at the top of that wall will be staffords great face. Its going to be a great wall. And let me just tell you something. The refs during that Bears game. The whole system was rigged. The refs were awful. The worst refs ever in the history of refs.

*insert coke sniffle here*

Nice one bro...lol

See my thing folks is we are going to make. the. Lions. great. again. We don't win anymore folks, but we are going to start, believe me, and we are going to win so much, you are going to get tired of winning. On offense we are going to build a wall, that's right a big beautiful wall with our line and we are going to start running the ball again, and we are going to do it bigly. We don't even run the ball in Detroit anymore. Right now we got everybody streaming right through, Packers, Bears, the Vikings, Vikings people! Right through untouched. We don't even know what's going on with our protections.

Now let me talk about Eric Ebron, which I think is one of thee, no thee worst draft deals in the history of football.

...I could go on forever

Last edited:
Just. Let. Me. Tell. You. Something. (#1 finger point bobbling up and down). People go outside in detroit. ... They get shot. People are dying everywhere....its Hell. Detroit has open borders with Canadians raping everyone. We dont get their best. They come here. They rape people. They leave. But there is hope. And. That. Is. Matt. Stafford. Hes great. The greatest ive seen. Ive seen alot of things. Alot of people tell me things. They tell me hes great.

Just. Let. Me. Tell. You. Something. (#1 finger point bobbling up and down). People go outside in detroit. ... They get shot. People are dying everywhere....its Hell. Detroit has open borders with Canadians raping everyone. We dont get their best. They come here. They rape people. They leave. But there is hope. And. That. Is. Matt. Stafford. Hes great. The greatest ive seen. Ive seen alot of things. Alot of people tell me things. They tell me hes great.

Do you need mental help? I don't even understand what you are trying to convey in this post... Clearly you're being sarcastic but damn that's a little overboard...

Do you need mental help? I don't even understand what you are trying to convey in this post... Clearly you're being sarcastic but damn that's a little overboard...

Apparently you haven't been following the election. Trump had said all of those things. And yes. ...he needs mental help.

Well he may have a point, we did end up with Tony (I kid...I kid).

CRNHxZ9UwAApvp9.jpg

This thread is awesome.

Some highlights.

1. Stafford is the 21st best QB in the NFL
2. Someone here would choose Flacco over Stafford
3. Someone else thinks Ryan Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Stafford

Awesome. Everyone might want to turn on their TV.....#9 is getting a lot of love right now......and MVP talk.

9 games to go, though. It's still early....but I think it's pretty universally excepted that Matthew Stafford is an elite NFL QB.

Last edited:
I put 2 qbs in elite status. Big ben and Brady. Then rodgers and brees. I might go ryan, stafford after that (this year)and i throw luck in that category for upside. Stafford and Ryan have had very similar paths. Came in with high expectations. Never seemed to live up to them. And both are playing at the top of their game right now.

Last edited:
Back