Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cut Stafford....really? Grades as a Top 10 QB

Nah, just an honest question. Your basically the only poster who throws out insults non-stop. Just curious why it doesn't have any repercussions. Surprised at someone who is supposedly an adult communicates this way. It's laughable, to be honest.

Better than Matt:

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
Wilson
Newton
Rivers
Palmer
Manning

Close to Matt, but I'd rather have the other guy

Carr
Luck
Ryan
Dalton
Flacco
Cousins
Smith

Too soon to tell, but I'd be leaning toward the other guy

Prescott
Wentz
Taylor
Winston

No thanks, I'd take Matt

Hoyer
Romo (injury proned, but is a better QB than Matt if healthy)
Osweiler
Bradford
Fitzpatrick (last year most likely. He is a better QB than Matt)
Keenum
Mariota

The two I would have trouble choosing are:

Bortles
Tannehill

They both have potential, but its hard to say.

I don't really follow the Lions much anymore, so ignore all of this if you want. But I do love this board and still visit here during the season.

Matt is frustrating because the talent is there. He has had some amazing moments leading the team to comebacks.

But he is horribly inconsistent. He makes the ones he should miss and misses the ones he should make.

Flame away, Tony.

Not a bad list. I don't agree with some of the guys on your first tier but we're not all going to agree on everything.

Nah, just an honest question. Your basically the only poster who throws out insults non-stop. Just curious why it doesn't have any repercussions. Surprised at someone who is supposedly an adult communicates this way. It's laughable, to be honest.

Don't lose any sleep over it, loser.

SO many excuses its hilarious. Stupid shit ive heard this thread:

Its been 1 game. Um no....we just finished game 4 fucktard.
Its the defense. Umm....the defense held the bears to under 20 pts.
Its the oline. 2 sacks....2. And i dont think those happened until the 4th qtr if i remember right.
WHAAAA he neeeds help WHAAAAA. We rushed for 3.7 ypc. Not earth shattering by any means but we only ran it 18 times. Stafford was too busy throwing incomplete passes, interceptions and not extending drives the rest of the time.

You guys are fucking mental patients if you think stafford wasnt the reason we lost that game. He had a 40 qbr. i can piss a 40 qbr. Literally if you walk onto the field and piss all over the referee you get a 40 qbr.

SO many excuses its hilarious. Stupid shit ive heard this thread:

Its been 1 game. Um no....we just finished game 4 fucktard.
Its the defense. Umm....the defense held the bears to under 20 pts.
Its the oline. 2 sacks....2. And i dont think those happened until the 4th qtr if i remember right.
WHAAAA he neeeds help WHAAAAA. We rushed for 3.7 ypc. Not earth shattering by any means but we only ran it 18 times. Stafford was too busy throwing incomplete passes, interceptions and not extending drives the rest of the time.

You guys are fucking mental patients if you think stafford wasnt the reason we lost that game. He had a 40 qbr. i can piss a 40 qbr. Literally if you walk onto the field and piss all over the referee you get a 40 qbr.

One game where we have struggled you fucking idiot lol
Lions got shredded on defense yesterday. Three games at least they have been terrible. Moron.
They looked bad on offense. I agreed!! What more do you want? They have no running game, you imbecile. Wtf are they supposed to do?
Defense got blasted by Hoyer, Eddie Royal and a rookie RB. Huge days from all three so stfu. Drops, no running game, bad play on Stafford, shit defense. THAT'S why we lost the fn game. Get it through your thick skull, numbnuts

Drops and wrong routes which caused picks. Stafford was fine. The 2 sacks killed 2 drives too. 3 rushing stuffson goalline killed that great drive. Penalties killed a drive or two. Long fields on two terrible roberts kickoffs
It was not stafford. He missed two to riddick and deep to wick and tate once. But it was drops and wrong routes this time

Stafford looked flat and confused a majority of the game. He gets no pass from me. This guy needs help out there and he's just not getting it on either side of the ball. Defense can't get off of the field, and are habitually allowing every qb we play to look stellar, and an offense that can't quit making mental mistakes. I still say Stafford is the least of our worries. The first step of making this team better is dumping Caldwell.

Last edited:
Summarized my thoughts. He's the least of the worries, but yesterday he was bad. Saying he was "fine" is laughable.

Drops and wrong routes. He had like 3 bad throws. He was not bad

Year 9 is going to be the year he finally puts it all together. It has to be.

13 incompletions
4 were drops. Two on 3rd down
2 bad routes for picks. Tate wrong. Ebron stopped

So 7 his fault. A qb is allowed to have 7 incompletes in a game.

Three misses to riddick
One miss to khari lee
One to jones on messed up play on 2nd drive
Deep to wick. Deep to tate

13 incompletions
4 were drops. Two on 3rd down
2 bad routes for picks. Tate wrong. Ebron stopped

So 7 his fault. A qb is allowed to have 7 incompletes in a game.

Hoyer didn't have any in-completes' so comparatively it wasn't good.

And this isn't about Matt anyway but the offense. So if we have guys that can't catch and run bad routes it says the offense stinks.

Hoyer threw incomplete. Hoyer also had better run support and protection and less drops and less bad routes

Back