Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Maryland Game

RU at home is the only game left that is a likely win - certainly not definite, but likely (or is that just the eternal optimist in me talking?). At Illinois is definitely in question. We have no chance of winning the other 3.

Agree

No, I just realize that arguing with a child isn't worth it. It's OK to let the kid think he's right.

ok, so not acquiescing to sbee = being a child. must be embarassing, losing every argument you get in with someone you say is a child. It's a good tactic though - say stupid shit, get proved wrong, call the other person a child. Oh, I almost forgot, also bring up old arguments you lost, then accuse the other person of dragging arguments out for a month when he responds.

Last edited:
The big ten is horrible this year. Only one team isn't rebuilding this. Hopefully Michigan can pick up the slack of the rest of the conference. Next year they might be in the same boat though.

if we don't stop losing players to injury in hoops, we may end talking about 2017 kickoff by mid-January...

We might need to start cheering on the softball team or some other horseshit sport like UofM was doing when both basketball and football sucked.

ok, so not acquiescing to sbee = being a child. must be embarassing, losing every argument you get in with someone you say is a child. It's a good tactic though - say stupid shit, get proved wrong, call the other person a child. Oh, I almost forgot, also bring up old arguments you lost, then accuse the other of dragging arguments out for a month when he responds.
being a child is refusing to let it go, never agreeing to disagree. You always have to have the last word over seriously insignificant differences of opinion. That's how a petulant child acts.

being a child is refusing to let it go, never agreeing to disagree. You always have to have the last word over seriously insignificant differences of opinion. That's how a petulant child acts.

Saying Bullough/Frey are good starting/backup LBs and saying they suck and don't belong in the conference isn't a small, insignificant difference of opinion - it's way different. being a child is calling someone a child because you don't like being told you're wrong. A petulant child takes his ball and goes home stomping his feet when he doesn't get his way. That's you. Good night.

Last edited:
We might need to start cheering on the softball team or some other horseshit sport like UofM was doing when both basketball and football sucked.

We were rooting for M softball long before our basketball and football teams went into the toilet.

And we continue to root for M softball when our football and basketball teams improve.

We root for M softball because it's M, no matter whatever else at M is happening or isn't happening.

But go ahead and bandwagon on your softball team if you want, but I have some bad news for you going in.

Your softball team sucks.

We were rooting for M softball long before our basketball and football teams went into the toilet.

And we continue to root for M softball when our football and basketball teams improve.

We root for M softball because it's M, no matter whatever else at M is happening or isn't happening.

But go ahead and bandwagon on your softball team if you want, but I have some bad news for you going in.

Your softball team sucks.
Lots of doom and gloom over here, the sunshine is over on the other board right now, soak it up.

Last edited:
Lots of doom and gloom over here, the sunshine is over on the other board right now, soak it up.

Byco, Bob and the other old schoolers like me are in agreement - no sunshine over here this week.

Nothing that happened this season with either team matters before the memories of the 7 of the 8 most recent seasons - or whatever it is - are addressed Saturday.

The two teams are 0-0 against each other this season, and the score is tied at 0 at kickoff.

That said, your softball team has never really been that good.

Byco, Bob and the other old schoolers like me are in agreement - no sunshine over here this week.

Nothing that happened this season with either team matters before the memories of the 7 of the 8 most recent seasons - or whatever it is - are addressed Saturday.

The two teams are 0-0 against each other this season, and the score is tied at 0 at kickoff.

That's because our AD Mark Hollis (god love him because he's been overall great) allows programs like softball and hockey to be beyond mediocre and hold them to zero standard whatsoever. Can both coaches, they're fucking disgraceful.

Last edited:

Ohhhh,man Im calling it michigan 48 MSU 3. Years of frustration resulting in a pure piss pounding of the Spartans.

I never made it to a softball game, In fact I dont know anyone that did. Its sure fun to play! Ill suggest a Miken Velocite made back in 2002, thats a hot bat!

Last edited:
I never made it to a softball game, In fact I dont know anyone that did. Its sure fun to play! Ill suggest a Miken Velocite made back in 2002, thats a hot bat!

Ha!!

I've been to...if not quite 10, at least 5 Michigan softball events out here in Southern California.

A couple or three times at UCLA in Westwood, and maybe four or five times in Fullerton for the annual early spring softball event Cal State Fullerton hosts out this way; the name of the event has been changed a few times since I started going 10 years ago.

Back