Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Abdullah Signs

If Tate was covered early, he is not going back to Tate. 3rd read to Bush (in space) was the right call.

Overall Stafford is good. He makes plays, he moves the ball and is a big reason we score any point almost.

A handful of plays won't sway anyone.

Chart all his throws.

It's a fact Packers win it still even if we beat Buffalo. And losing to Buffalo was not Stafford's fault, it was Henery's fault.

If, was he? What does the tape say on that play?

So it's your opinion you read once and don't go back to the read. You are a fan of tunnel vision. Sweet. He is a system QB.

If, was he? What does the tape say on that play?

So it's your opinion you read once and don't go back to the read. You are a fan of tunnel vision. Sweet. He is a system QB.

The good far outweighs any of Stafford's mistakes. Every QB misses an open guy from time to time, especially if he already passed him in progression. You are a tunnel fan only looking at like 3 plays (some of which you improperly diagnosed).

If Tate was covered early, he is not going back to Tate. 3rd read to Bush (in space) was the right call.

Overall Stafford is good. He makes plays, he moves the ball and is a big reason we score any point almost.

A handful of plays won't sway anyone.

Chart all his throws.

It's a fact Packers win it still even if we beat Buffalo. And losing to Buffalo was not Stafford's fault, it was Henery's fault.

I think the Bills game was on the offense and Stafford takes a good portion of the blame because he is the leader of the offense. 1-11 third down conversions

Last edited:
I think the Bills game was on the offense and Stafford takes a good portion of the blame because he is the leader of the offense. 1-11 third down conversions

Long down and distance, lack of separation at times, drops, Calvin banged up, top 5 defense we faced, 3 missed field goals. 16 offensive points is enough.

It wasn't Stafford. And only 5 regular season losses. 11 wins. Focus on the big picture.

Stafford moved the ball in the second half (three missed FG drives all in second half). One time he had a 3rd and 30 from sacks and penalties. One time 3rd and 10. One time Winn got stuffed on 3rd and 1 in second half.

Stafford did his job.

Last edited:
Long down and distance, lack of separation at times, drops, Calvin banged up, top 5 defense we faced, 3 missed field goals. 16 offensive points is enough.

It wasn't Stafford. And only 5 regular season losses. 11 wins. Focus on the big picture.

Stafford moved the ball in the second half (three missed FG drives all in second half). One time he had a 3rd and 30 from sacks and penalties. One time 3rd and 10. One time Winn got stuffed on 3rd and 1 in second half.

Stafford did his job.

Yes his job is to be a once through progression, check down, system QB. He is adequate at that. As supported by his mediocre ranking. Case closed.

Bottom line is if anyone thinks Matt was good at his job is fucking crazy.

Yes his job is to be a once through progression, check down, system QB. He is adequate at that. As supported by his mediocre ranking. Case closed.

You go through them once. You don't get all day to throw. Especially against buffalo

Make the FGs against Buffalo and the game is won. End of story...

And to say that Stafford never goes through his reads/progressions is pretty ignorant. The guy has had a terrible OLine for most his career and ONE valuable weapon in Megatron. Sprinkle in Burleson for a couple of seasons and finally Tate last year. It's about time!! I find it hilarious that the board experts bash on Stafford all day for not going through his reads/progressions, but they're the same guys that complain that he dumps off to his RBs all the time lol. Comical. Do you realize who he has had to throw to for most of his career? It makes me cringe and gives me the night sweats most nights. Imagine how he feels? But you guys keep crying when he throws to Abdullah or Bell or Moore when guys like CJ, Tate or Ebron are covered. Or God forbid he throws it away to live another down...lol.
Bottomline...a QB is not going to see every single guy on the field running routes. Too many angles and chaos obstructing his view. Yeah, it's frusturating to watch as a fan, but as a fan, we see everything develop. More than half of you tools claim you have played the game before? Bullshit!!

And to say that Stafford never goes through his reads/progressions is pretty ignorant. The guy has had a terrible OLine for most his career and ONE valuable weapon in Megatron. Sprinkle in Burleson for a couple of seasons and finally Tate last year. It's about time!! I find it hilarious that the board experts bash on Stafford all day for not going through his reads/progressions, but they're the same guys that complain that he dumps off to his RBs all the time lol. Comical. Do you realize who he has had to throw to for most of his career? It makes me cringe and gives me the night sweats most nights. Imagine how he feels? But you guys keep crying when he throws to Abdullah or Bell or Moore when guys like CJ, Tate or Ebron are covered. Or God forbid he throws it away to live another down...lol.
Bottomline...a QB is not going to see every single guy on the field running routes. Too many angles and chaos obstructing his view. Yeah, it's frusturating to watch as a fan, but as a fan, we see everything develop. More than half of you tools claim you have played the game before? Bullshit!!

Aww poor poor Stafford. Guy was never given a chance to succeed.

Of course all the board experts that complain about Stafford never getting a fair chance and having no help are the same ones that say management is doing a great job and built a loaded roster.

Stafford has succeeded. And the roster has been and is currently loaded. There have been some injuries along the way.

Burleson twice (2012/2013), Young's insanity in 2012, Broyles twice, Bush, many Oline injuries in 2014 and the secondary in late 2011, 2012/2013.

It's a great job by Mayhew especially the 2011, 2014 and 2015 rosters and a great job by Stafford to overcome injury adversity in previous years.

2011 there were no weapon injuries other than Best and Stafford tossed a cool 41 TDs and 5,000 yards. 2011 proved the Calvin, Burleson, Young and Pettigrew combo could work very well. Of course you return that for 2012. 2013 we added Bush and had to add elsewhere other than WR due to contracts expiring, regression and needs at CB/safety. Stafford did well in 2013 despite injuries to Burleson and Broyles and Calvin's (knee/fingers) and no WR depth (Durham). 6th in TDs, 6th in 3rd down conversion and a ton of the ints weren't his fault.

Last edited:
None of you could read a progression to save your life with Dlinemen bearing down on you. Stafford does a good job with his progression and finding open guys. Hence all the first downs and yards even when there are many weapon and Oline injuries.

Three cherry picked plays won't change that.

None of you could read a progression to save your life with Dlinemen bearing down on you. Stafford does a good job with his progression and finding open guys. Hence all the first downs and yards even when there are many weapon and Oline injuries.

Three cherry picked plays won't change that.

As far as I know nobody here has claimed that they could read a progression with D-linemen bearing down. As far as cherry picking...you do it all the time. Look at the post above where you point out his only good year. All we are doing is pointing out that he is just a slightly above average QB which is exactly what the stats prove (other than 2011)

As far as I know nobody here has claimed that they could read a progression with D-linemen bearing down. As far as cherry picking...you do it all the time. Look at the post above where you point out his only good year. All we are doing is pointing out that he is just a slightly above average QB which is exactly what the stats prove (other than 2011)

Stafford is good in 2011, 2013 and 2014. I mentioned 2011 and 2013 numbers (6th in TDS, 6th in passing first downs, 6th in 3rd down %, ints not his fault) in my post. 2014 he was outstanding moving the ball and limiting turnovers despite major Oline injury/protection/run game issues. Mayhew agrees. Mayhew>all of you combined. Anything good our offense did was pretty much Stafford/Calvin/Tate.

Game tape>stats. Stafford is a good QB on tape. You can't cherry pick the tape.

Last edited:
Aww poor poor Stafford. Guy was never given a chance to succeed.

Of course all the board experts that complain about Stafford never getting a fair chance and having no help are the same ones that say management is doing a great job and built a loaded roster.

Never said poor Stafford, but tell me i'm wrong. City of Detroit!!! Where QBs don't have a chance!! Lol

And they have tried to build around him, but players either get hurt or never pan out. It's not an excuse, it's a fact!! And Stafford is not totally off the hook. He's the leader and needs to be better in some areas. I just think he gets bashed too much. He's not even close to the problem on this team...

Stafford is good in 2011, 2013 and 2014. I mentioned 2011 and 2013 numbers (6th in TDS, 6th in passing first downs, 6th in 3rd down %, ints not his fault) in my post. 2014 he was outstanding moving the ball and limiting turnovers despite major Oline injury/protection/run game issues. Mayhew agrees. Mayhew>all of you combined. Anything good our offense did was pretty much Stafford/Calvin/Tate.

Game tape>stats. Stafford is a good QB on tape. You can't cherry pick the tape.

"Matthew Stafford made his first Pro Bowl last year, but his 2014 game tape wasn't nearly as impressive as many hoped under Jim Caldwell and coordinator Joe Lombardi."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469699/article/kurt-warner-matthew-stafford-has-work-to-do

such as this tape, good read..piss poor throw:
A0NH9Ad.gif

Last edited:
"Matthew Stafford made his first Pro Bowl last year, but his 2014 game tape wasn't nearly as impressive as many hoped under Jim Caldwell and coordinator Joe Lombardi."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469699/article/kurt-warner-matthew-stafford-has-work-to-do

such as this tape, good read..piss poor throw:
A0NH9Ad.gif

And 9 out of 10 times that's a PI call. lol. 26 doesn't turn his head and runs into Fuller, doesn't even make a fkn attempt at the ball. Where's the call?

That is clearly PI. His game tape was great

11 wins including the Bears.

Stop cherrypicking one play and it shows a good play in the first place. Correct decision and good throw. PI on the play

Last edited:
Back