Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ain't it fun though?!

inkfreq

Come on guys... admit it.. this season is AWESOME!

We have two games left to go, and we're calculating tie breakers, figuring out odds, and actually wondering if our team can manage to beat the Packers, in Lambeau, to win the NFC North?

Can we do it? Eh, probably not to be honest... but when was the last time we could even ask that question with a straight face?

What a fun season! No matter what, the NFC North championship is going to come down to the final game of the season. WOW!

I for one am stoked.

We have two games left to go, and we're calculating tie breakers, figuring out odds, and actually wondering if our team can manage to beat the Packers, in Lambeau, to win the NFC North?

Can we do it? Eh, probably not to be honest... but when was the last time we could even ask that question with a straight face?

What a fun season! No matter what, the NFC North championship is going to come down to the final game of the season. WOW!

I for one am stoked.

Umm, 2011? 2013?

I'd be a lot more excited if the offense wasn't so bad and I was able to allow myself to beleive it won't be #6 road, blowout one and done.

#hope to yet be stoked

Last edited:
I'm in the minority that thinks the defense can steal one in the playoffs, regardless of home/away. The secondary is still suspect if the front 7 isn't lights out but we'll see.

Umm, 2011? 2013?

2011 most of us were expecting a last minute collapse. I remember the conversations here on the board.

2013, just a year ago, most of us were on here bitching about the collapse we were witnessing. By the final week, it was already over.

2014 we are in the hunt for the title right down to the final game. For the first time in a long long time, every single game is not only meaningful, but exciting.

I for one am used to our playoff fate being set in stone before week 17, if not on paper, than all too evidently at the very least.

The last time the Lions were 10-4 at this point in a season was 1991. Before that, 1970. (14-game sched) before that, 1962, before that, 1934. Other than that, never. So yeah, it's sort of a big deal.

Good times...now they need to notch a signature victory to show they have the capability. Win in GB, and win a playoff game (dare I say, playoff games...plural)

I've loved it! I expected them to be 7-9 or 8-8 (I believe I said something like that in the prediction thread). We didn't really see any offseason improvements in the defense....except the coordinator and clearly that solved a lot of problems.

This season has been a great surprise. I moved out of state earlier in the year so I have to go to the bar to watch the games. I can't tell you how nice it's been to have to go into public and be able to cheer for a winner. We all know these seasons have been few and far between in our lifetimes.

Last edited:
The last time the Lions were 10-4 at this point in a season was 1991. Before that, 1970. (14-game sched) before that, 1962, before that, 1934. Other than that, never. So yeah, it's sort of a big deal.

So for me, only one other season in my lifetime. So yeah, I'm among those who have thoroughly enjoyed this season...

I've really had fun with this season. I predicted 10-6 I believe, but they have won a few more games than I expected (New Orleans, Green Bay). They also dropped one I thought they'd win (Buffalo). So overall it's been a fun ride. Obviously the team's not perfect, but they are what they are. Cheering them on the rest of the way.

typically this is the start of mock season for us and the most exciting part of the lions is to see how many games they can blow to put them into better draft pick position. I love draft season. I also love the idea of the lions winning a playoff game. If they blow this division lead just so they can get like the 20th overall pick ill be pissed lol.

I for one am stoked.

It might not have been a good season but last year was a playoff lock as much as one can be. QB's galore injured..

As far as this season I'll wait until after the Bears. Though not worried if we lose week 17 we might need a win just to get in..so for me I try not to get too high or too low at this point. I root my face it off but a playoffs 1 and done means a bad season..so I'll save my awkward excitement until we win in the playoffs.

Last edited:
I called this. I expected this. I'm enjoying watching you all get on board with me how great this team is.

Head to head wins this year with Green Bay. Stafford wins it.

It might not have been a good season but last year was a playoff lock as much as one can be. QB's galore injured..

LOL.....man, I get that last year got your panties in a knot......but its been a year. We've won our last three games with a good chance to win a 4th straight. The defense, which you need to make a playoff push, is the 2nd best unit in the league and healthy (excluding Fairley).

Time to fuckin move on. Get over it!

LOL.....man, I get that last year got your panties in a knot......but its been a year. We've won our last three games with a good chance to win a 4th straight. The defense, which you need to make a playoff push, is the 2nd best unit in the league and healthy (excluding Fairley).

Time to fuckin move on. Get over it!

Get over what? I think you misunderstand..I'm not mad or anything, or disgusted or sad or fed up. It is what it is..as much as I love football it's still just a game. Move on is my middle name..

the great thing about my top 2 sports: Football and my favorite baseball is that they cover the whole year. When ones over the other one is starting or has started..so a bad season no worries another season is about to start (the other sport)

And you know most of the negative talk on his is to counter LKP. That's what I tell myself anyway...:cheers:

Last edited:
Get over what? I think you misunderstand..I'm not mad or anything, or disgusted or sad or fed up. It is what it is..as much as I love football it's still just a game. Move on is my middle name..

the great thing about my top 2 sports: Football and my favorite baseball is that they cover the whole year. When ones over the other one is starting or has started..so a bad season no worries another season is about to start (the other sport)

And you know most of the negative talk on his is to counter LKP. That's what I tell myself anyway...:cheers:

You should agree with me not counter me. I'm clearly right. See 10-4

Back