Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cut Stafford....really? Grades as a Top 10 QB

A cause from not winning more games? Who at quarterback do you want to see realistically? Like I said the draft is a crapshoot. Only guys I can think of would be aaron Rodgers, Brady, Drew Brees, cam, maybe Big Ben and that's about it.

Haha. So Matt sits at T5th?

Why waste my time when you'll just be stupid about it. And start saying Matt is better than Russell Wilson.

You mean Russell Wilson that guy that had marshawn lynch and the best defense in the league since he's walked out on the field?

Haha. So Matt sits at T5th?

No I mean obvious ones, the other ones you could all make cases for. I'd put rivers ahead of him also. And romo when he was healthy. But even romo has had a running game and awesome weapons as well as an offensive line. Stafford hasn't even had those things yet.

Last edited:
You tards love blaming Stafford for everything. He isn't the best but he's getting no help out there. How many fkn drops again today?! I counted at least 5 and they were huge drops....drive killer drops, zero run game....non-fuckingexistent actually and OLine that causes so many damn penalties that it's sickening. Did you watch the game today?!?! Stafford looked like a beaten man out there....he had a look of total non trust towards his players. It's not a fucking excuse either. They have built this team around Stafford and these guys they have brought in are shitting the bed.

You tards love blaming Stafford for everything. He isn't the best but he's getting no help out there. How many fkn drops again today?! I counted at least 5 and they were huge drops....drive killer drops, zero run game....non-fuckingexistent actually and OLine that causes so many damn penalties that it's sickening. Did you watch the game today?!?! Stafford looked like a beaten man out there....he had a look of total non trust towards his players. It's not a fucking excuse either. They have built this team around Stafford and these guys they have brought in are shitting the bed.

Name one person or post that blames Matt for everything? That's right, no one.

Why waste my time when you'll just be stupid about it. And start saying Matt is better than Russell Wilson.

That's where you're wrong lol. I never said Stafford was better than Wilson....ever. There's no way in fkn blue hell that there are 20 BETTER QBs than Stafford in the NFL. You're on drugs....

That's where you're wrong lol. I never said Stafford was better than Wilson....ever. There's no way in fkn blue hell that there are 20 BETTER QBs than Stafford in the NFL. You're on drugs....

And yet there are..

He looks like a beaten man because he is. He plays for a doomed franchise and like it or not he can't change that.

I'm going to go get another beer.

Name one person or post that blames Matt for everything? That's right, no one.

All you retards do!!! Wtf are you talking about. For years you have blamed Stafford. Finally this year you guys are kinda not blaming him because he has improved but it always comes back to Stafford. Don't even fkn deny it lol

A cause from not winning more games? Who at quarterback do you want to see realistically? Like I said the draft is a crapshoot. Only guys I can think of would be aaron Rodgers, Brady, Drew Brees, cam, maybe Big Ben and that's about it. I think the only situations in the nfl that are comparable to Stafford are Andrew luck and Phillip rivers.

Spot on.

The team is devoid of talent and those that have a modicum of talent aren't coached. Ebron is a great example. No one said cut Stafford, if you can get a couple firsts for him don't hang up the phone is what I read.

True rebuilds like the Browns are doing generally don't happen in the NFL. Partly because anyone with a decent to good QB has a chance every week, but also because there are just too many positions to fill to go through the YEARS of drafting it would take to fully rebuild.

Now, the Lions should certainly rebuild, but not by getting rid of the players that can actually play and continue to contribute in 3 years. A rebuild would be moving Ngata, Levy, Tate, and Quinn for late rounders. It would be gauging the contract demands of Ansah and then trading him if he won't take something team-friendly (look at the way the Bengals dealt with Michael Johnson as a loose example - and the two are actually quite similar players). It would mean trading Stafford if, and only if, the team knew it was going to get a top QB in the draft (probably just Watson at this point).

Clearing out the coaches is obvious, and trying to draft smarter is always ideal, but rebuilding isn't just a switch you press. New coaches can be just as bad or worse than their predecessors, even when they win more games (Caldwell). A new front office doesn't mean we are magically going to draft studs in every round.

We went out and got him tate, jones and boldin...to go along with y3e, riddick and abdullah. 3 first round guys on the oline. 2 third rd guys on the oline. So either lombardi, cooter and linehan are all the problem or the qb is the problem. There's been 2 consistencies throughout all those regimes. ...stafford and we suck. At some point stafford needs to be more to blame. ...we've given him way to much slack. Cam has got more criticism then him and he's gone to a super bowl.

Last edited:
3 of the 4 picks are not his fault

I blame both picks on him today. ...i have no problem blaming the qb for so many people not knowing what the fuck to do on the field today. It was an absolute shit show.

We went out and got him tate, jones and boldin...to go along with y3e, riddick and abdullah. 3 first round guys on the oline. 2 third rd guys on the oline. So either lombardi, cooter and linehan are all the problem or the qb is the problem. There's been 2 consistencies throughout all those regimes. ...stafford and we suck. At some point stafford needs to be more to blame. ...we've given him way to much slack. Cam has got more slack then him and he's gone to a super bowl.

This. Lots to blame but too many hardly points Matt's way. He always get put aside and blame goes elsewhere..

Last edited:
Back