Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cut Stafford....really? Grades as a Top 10 QB

Tate, ebron twice

And it just so happens to be everyone else's fault that they don't know what the fuck they are doing on the field? Or is that the job of the qb? Uh oh lkp...painting yourself into a corner.

Last edited:
Ok just to stop this argument we will go through the list alphabetically.
who would you rather have ? Some are really c lose and could go the other way.
Fact is Matt was bad today but then his teammates were worse. His coaches really have no clue. This is a typical Caldwell trajectory. He is just really bad.
My list has him in the middle somewhere.. shame Matt can't get any good coaches and play callers and game planners.

Palmer or stafford ....Matt. ?
Ryan or stafford........ Ryan.
Flacco or Stadford.....Flacco
Taylor or Stafford....... Matt
Newton or Stafford.....Newton.
Bears qb or Stafford.... Matt even after todays debacle..
Dalton or Matt. .............Matt
Kessler or Matt.............Matt.
Romo or Prescott or Stafford. Matt ?
Rodgers or Stafford.......Rodgers
Osweiler or Matt...........Matt
LUCK OR MATT............ Luck.
Bortles or Matt...............Matt.
Smith or Matt................Matt.
Keenum or matt............Matt.
Tannehill or Matt..........Matt.
Brady or Matt................Brady
Brees. Or Matt. ............ Brees.
Manning or Matt........... Manning.
Fitzpatrick or Matt.........Matt.
Carr or Matt....................Matt ?
Wentz's or Matt.............. Matt.
Big Ben or Matt............... Ben.
Rivers or matt.................. Rivers.
Gabbert or Matt............. Matt.
Wilson or matt.................Wilson.
Winston or Matt............... Matt.
Mariota or Matt.................Matt.
Cousins or Matt.................Matt.

Last edited:
I blame both picks on him today. ...i have no problem blaming the qb for so many people not knowing what the fuck to do on the field today. It was an absolute shit show.

Then you didn't watch the motherfucking game lol. The first pick was 100% on Tate. He ran the wrong route. Stafford was going ballistic. Tate even got benched for it.....nice try, gomer. Second pick was all on Stafford....terrible throw.

Ok just to stop this argument we will go through the list alphabetically.
who would you rather have ? Some are really c lose and could go the other way.
Fact is Matt was bad today but then his teammates were worse. His coaches really have no clue. This is a typical Caldwell trajectory. He is just really bad.
My list has him in the middle somewhere.. shame Matt can't get any good coaches and play callers and game planners.

Palmer or stafford ....Matt. ?
Ryan or stafford........ Ryan.
Flacco or Stadford.....Flacco
Taylor or Stafford....... Matt
Newton or Stafford.....Newton.
Bears qb or Stafford.... Matt even after todays debacle..
Dalton or Matt. .............Matt
Kessler or Matt.............Matt.
Romo or Prescott or Stafford. Matt ?
Rodgers or Stafford.......Rodgers
Osweiler or Matt...........Matt
LUCK OR MATT............ Luck.
Bortles or Matt...............Matt.
Smith or Matt................Matt.
Keenum or matt............Matt.
Tannehill or Matt..........Matt.
Brady or Matt................Brady
Brees. Or Matt. ............ Brees.
Manning or Matt........... Manning.
Fitzpatrick or Matt.........Matt.
Carr or Matt....................Matt ?
Wentz's or Matt.............. Matt.
Big Ben or Matt............... Ben.
Rivers or matt.................. Rivers.
Gabbert or Matt............. Matt.
Wilson or matt.................Wilson.
Winston or Matt............... Matt.
Mariota or Matt.................Matt.
Cousins or Matt.................Matt.

Sorry but Andrew luck hasn't done anything different than Matt. So no on him, same goes with flacco. Flacco can barely pass for 20 tds come on now.

We went out and got him tate, jones and boldin...to go along with y3e, riddick and abdullah. 3 first round guys on the oline. 2 third rd guys on the oline. So either lombardi, cooter and linehan are all the problem or the qb is the problem. There's been 2 consistencies throughout all those regimes. ...stafford and we suck. At some point stafford needs to be more to blame. ...we've given him way to much slack. Cam has got more criticism then him and he's gone to a super bowl.

Stafford's fault the OLine sucks....
Stafford's fault we have no running game...
Stsfford's fault that his weapons drop passes consistently....
IT'S ALL ON #9!!!!! Lol. Pathetic!! Stfu....listen, Stafford should get some blame but he's getting no help. We don't have a fucking running game!! Zack Zenner is running the ball....Abdullah and Washington are hurt lol. Our weapons can't catch a fucking cold. I guarantee you that we lead the league in drops again as a team..100%. The kid needs help and the help we're bringing in either gets hurt or doesn't perform. How the fuck is that on our QB? Somebody tell me!!

We went out and got him tate, jones and boldin...to go along with y3e, riddick and abdullah. 3 first round guys on the oline. 2 third rd guys on the oline. So either lombardi, cooter and linehan are all the problem or the qb is the problem. There's been 2 consistencies throughout all those regimes. ...stafford and we suck. At some point stafford needs to be more to blame. ...we've given him way to much slack. Cam has got more criticism then him and he's gone to a super bowl.

If all it took was draft position to find good players Matt millen would still be here. His receiving group isn't bad in depth for the first time in his career. Wow, it only took 8 years. Remember when Brandon pettigrew was his second best option year after year? I do.

Stafford's fault the OLine sucks....
Stafford's fault we have no running game...
Stsfford's fault that his weapons drop passes consistently....
IT'S ALL ON #9!!!!! Lol. Pathetic!! Stfu....listen, Stafford should get some blame but he's getting no help. We don't have a fucking running game!! Zack Zenner is running the ball....Abdullah and Washington are hurt lol. Our weapons can't catch a fucking cold. I guarantee you that we lead the league in drops again as a team..100%. The kid needs help and the help we're bringing in either gets hurt or doesn't perform. How the fuck is that on our QB? Somebody tell me!!

You forgot about his wonderful defenses.

Sorry but Andrew luck hasn't done anything different than Matt. So no on him, same goes with flacco. Flacco can barely pass for 20 tds come on now.

I wouldn't even take Ryan either over Stafford. Ryan is playing lights out this year, but they have basically been the same QB. There's 4 maybe 5 QBs in the league today that I would take over Stafford.

So was it a Mayhew problem? Just want to clear things up here.

I guess stafford was literally supposed to do it all by himself. The first quarterback ever to do so. Just him and Calvin. Walk into foxborough with the team on his back. Tom brady? who cares, running game? who cares? Defense ? who cares...He's on the road and it doesn't matter. He should have the legs of micheal vick to dodge opposing defenders, brett favre's arm which is one quality he might have. The intelligence of peyton manning at the line of scrimmage, the body of big ben in case someone does grab hold of him and the clutch performance of tom brady. Walk right into foxborough and win that game 47-40 with 20 yards rushing from his runningbacks along with 35 quarterback hurries that he managed to escape all while throwing for 600 yards and 6 td's to corey fuller. Not just any touchdowns but they were all 50 yard bombs into triple coverage that managed to thread the needle. He only darted them through triple coverage to prove a point that he could do it all by himself and he didn't want his receivers taking credit for his production. And that was after 5 false starts for long field position and holdings called back 3 of his other touchdowns! And boy, that was just week one.

Last edited:
So was it a Mayhew problem? Just want to clear things up here.

Mayhew was a good gm 70 % of the time, he couldn't learn from his mistakes and that's what killed him. He was the definition of nfl mediocrity. He couldn't complete his roster after he had strengthened it.

Mayhew was a good gm 70 % of the time, he couldn't learn from his mistakes and that's what killed him. He was the definition of nfl mediocrity. He couldn't complete his roster after he had strengthened it.

Fair enough. Over the years I've commonly seen lack of support used as an argument in defense of Stafford, yet not everyone who claimed that was willing to point fingers at management. I can't stand it when fans are hesitant to point fingers, shrug their shoulders, and blame it all on bad luck, as if that's the only reason the Lions fail to win anything significant year after year. Not saying you do it, but it does happen here and elsewhere.

These QB list are stupid. I mean Stafford is in that group of dog shit you can sort out anywhere between 12-24 and probably be ok with the list, but in the end you still just have a pile of shit.

These QB list are stupid. I mean Stafford is in that group of dog shit you can sort out anywhere between 12-24 and probably be ok with the list, but in the end you still just have a pile of shit.

But Stafford isn't a pile of shit. That's the reality of it. And of course you think this list is stupid lol. If Stafford was at the bottom of the list, this list would be the staple of all your retarded arguments against Stafford. Since he's not even close to being on the bottom (he's top 10), this list is "stupid" lol. All you guys are the same. Even the retards on 97.1 driving my kid into school today. Complaing about the offense and Cooter lol. Does Cooter really have what it takes? Is he the problem? Does he gameplan good enough?? IT'S ONE FUCKING GAME!!! Look wtf he has to work with!! All Chicago had to do was take away our WRs and it was simple. Nobody is afraid of Riddick or Washington running the football anyways. Maybe if DWash stays healthy, he could have got going but he exited quickly. No running game, too many drops, a hobbled Ebron, Tate with his head in his fkn ass is a recipe for disaster. This team needs to collect themselves because if they don't, they're getting steamrolled by the Eagles at home and heads may roll.

Last edited:
But Stafford isn't a pile of shit. That's the reality of it. And of course you think this list is stupid lol. If Stafford was at the bottom of the list, this list would be the staple of all your retarded arguments against Stafford. Since he's not even close to being on the bottom (he's top 10), this list is "stupid" lol. All you guys are the same. Even the retards on 97.1 driving my kid into school today. Complaing about the offense and Cooter lol. Does Cooter really have what it takes? Is he the problem? Does he gameplan good enough?? IT'S ONE FUCKING GAME!!! Look wtf he has to work with!! All Chicago had to do was take away our WRs and it was simple. Nobody is afraid of Riddick or Washington running the football anyways. Maybe if DWash stays healthy, he could have got going but he exited quickly. No running game, too many drops, a hobbled Ebron, Tate with his head in his fkn ass is a recipe for disaster. This team needs to collect themselves because if they don't, they're getting steamrolled by the Eagles at home and heads may roll.

What list are you referencing? You are stating your opinion that he is top 10.

What about the top 100 NFL players list from NFL.com. 15 QBs made the top 100 players list, not one was Stafford.

They must be all Stafford haters too. I love your stance that everyone but you is crazy and wrong.

I think Cooter's gameplan the last three games has been horrible and he garnered some real praise for beating up horrible teams last season that he didn't deserve.

And to say it's one game, he has a tiny sample size Tony. One game is basically 10 percent of his entire stay as an OC. The three games he's called horribly, that's a big portion of his work. From start to finish, I had no clue what the team was trying to do. There was NOTHING creative. And on 3rd down in the end zone, he goes power and rolls out the rookie for his first carry of the season. What the heck was that?? I don't know what this team is trying to be, and that's on him, that's his job.

Back