Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cut Stafford....really? Grades as a Top 10 QB

What list are you referencing? You are stating your opinion that he is top 10.

What about the top 100 NFL players list from NFL.com. 15 QBs made the top 100 players list, not one was Stafford.

They must be all Stafford haters too. I love your stance that everyone but you is crazy and wrong.

Hey, dummy, the top 100 list is a list based on the year before. Genius! Lol

And you what fucking list i'm referring to. The same fucking list you said was "stupid".

I think Cooter's gameplan the last three games has been horrible and he garnered some real praise for beating up horrible teams last season that he didn't deserve.

And to say it's one game, he has a tiny sample size Tony. One game is basically 10 percent of his entire stay as an OC. The three games he's called horribly, that's a big portion of his work. From start to finish, I had no clue what the team was trying to do. There was NOTHING creative. And on 3rd down in the end zone, he goes power and rolls out the rookie for his first carry of the season. What the heck was that?? I don't know what this team is trying to be, and that's on him, that's his job.

I forgot. We're not allowed to credit NFL defenses on this board. Especially the ones that Stafford shreds. But when they stop our offense its a whole fucking different story. Stafford is shit.....Cooter is terrible. I get it now lol. They had one bad game against the Bears and it was horrible i agree. They made adjustments against the Packers and the Titans actually have a decent defense. No need to panic just yet.

Hey, dummy, the top 100 list is a list based on the year before. Genius! Lol

And you what fucking list i'm referring to. The same fucking list you said was "stupid".

So last year, the year almost everyone agrees was the best of his career, wasn't even worthy of getting him in the top 100?

Lets check other list:

Sports Illustrated:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/08/11/nfl-top-100-2016-player-rankings-jj-watt-aaron-rodgers

10 QBs listed, no Stafford. List of top players for 2016.

CBS:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-top-100-nfl-players-for-2016/

14 QBs listed No stafford

Huh?? Dude, you just put an entire two sentences in my mouth.

I think the Cooter love has been completely misguided from the start. I haven't changed that. And this season would give you a real indication as to how he'd be going forward since he's had an entire off-season to get his playbook installed and get used to the personnel. The offensive scheming has been very bland and lacking anything unique. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count yesterday the bad play calls.

In Detroit, the new OC has the advantage of not being the last OC.

So last year, the year almost everyone agrees was the best of his career, wasn't even worthy of getting him in the top 100?

Lets check other list:

Sports Illustrated:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/08/11/nfl-top-100-2016-player-rankings-jj-watt-aaron-rodgers

10 QBs listed, no Stafford. List of top players for 2016.

CBS:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-top-100-nfl-players-for-2016/

14 QBs listed No stafford

Why are you even putting up these lists? I never said he was a top 10 player in the league lol. Are you high?

Huh?? Dude, you just put an entire two sentences in my mouth.

I think the Cooter love has been completely misguided from the start. I haven't changed that. And this season would give you a real indication as to how he'd be going forward since he's had an entire off-season to get his playbook installed and get used to the personnel. The offensive scheming has been very bland and lacking anything unique. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count yesterday the bad play calls.

It's been ONE game lol. I agree that yesterday was a shitshow..i never disputed that. I'm not going to panic just yet after ONE game.

Panic with Cooter, or panic with the franchise?

I'm not going to die on the Cooter hill. I think he got a lot of false pumping up after the 2nd half of the season. There just wasn't enough there and he just needed to make some adjustments to keep the ship afloat.

This season we've been able to see his system truly in place, and the results have been below par. Whether or not he's truly a good/great OC, that remains to be seen.

The season? We best be panicking. This thing is about to go off the rails.

Last edited:
Better than Matt:

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
Wilson
Newton
Rivers
Palmer
Manning

Close to Matt, but I'd rather have the other guy

Carr
Luck
Ryan
Dalton
Flacco
Cousins
Smith

Too soon to tell, but I'd be leaning toward the other guy

Prescott
Wentz
Taylor
Winston

No thanks, I'd take Matt

Hoyer
Romo (injury proned, but is a better QB than Matt if healthy)
Osweiler
Bradford
Fitzpatrick (last year most likely. He is a better QB than Matt)
Keenum
Mariota

The two I would have trouble choosing are:

Bortles
Tannehill

They both have potential, but its hard to say.

I don't really follow the Lions much anymore, so ignore all of this if you want. But I do love this board and still visit here during the season.

Matt is frustrating because the talent is there. He has had some amazing moments leading the team to comebacks.

But he is horribly inconsistent. He makes the ones he should miss and misses the ones he should make.

Flame away, Tony.

Panic with Cooter, or panic with the franchise?

I'm not going to die on the Cooter hill. I think he got a lot of false pumping up after the 2nd half of the season. There just wasn't enough there and he just needed to make some adjustments to keep the ship afloat.

This season we've been able to see his system truly in place, and the results have been below par. Whether or not he's truly a good/great OC, that remains to be seen.

The season? We best be panicking. This thing is about to go off the rails.

Stafford has put up retarded numbers this year so far. He's been a top QB in the league. He's throwing for TDs, his completion % up, less INTs etc etc. Now after ONE game the Cooter offense needs answers..lol. Nevermind that the defense has been fucking shredded in at least 3 games so far. Even when they played decent against the Titans, the D laid an egg the last 2 posessions to LOSE the game. But now Stafford and Cooter are on the hot seat?? This fanbase is fucking unbelievable lol

Where in ANYTHING I said did Cooter need to be put on the hot seat? I've read and re-read my comment and subsequent quote from you on it, and I didn't say it one time. That's the second time this thread you've put words in my mouth. His offense has had a few bad showings this season. Yesterday, obviously. Green Bay, they did a ton of stuff when they were getting buried. Tennessee's game plan, no clue what they were doing.

I just said, multiple times, he may not be the greatest OC to grace the NFL. The jury is still out.

And "retarded" numbers? He's 15th in QBR, very average TD/INT. Maybe you need to take a second look at those. He's got a lot of yards, which I've said 900 thousand times that are the most overrated facet of a QBs game.

Honestly I am much more concerned with Austin at this point. We praised him as the genius when he first came on board, and now we are pretty awful on defense. I know the injuries stink, but they've really fallen off as a collective unit the last couple years.

Last edited:
Yeah, he's not looking like the prodigy we all thought he was since the record year of defense.

Sorry but Andrew luck hasn't done anything different than Matt. So no on him, same goes with flacco. Flacco can barely pass for 20 tds come on now.

Yeah I went back and forth on the Luck pick. But if you have a super bowl win you get the nod. Funny Flacco's super bowl came under jimmy as offensive coordinator. Probably only reason he has detroits job. Caldwell is just a bad coach.
No sense of urgency nothing. His teams get worse and he should be fired.
Yesterday was classic one coach preparing his team better then the other.

Where in ANYTHING I said did Cooter need to be put on the hot seat? I've read and re-read my comment and subsequent quote from you on it, and I didn't say it one time. That's the second time this thread you've put words in my mouth. His offense has had a few bad showings this season. Yesterday, obviously. Green Bay, they did a ton of stuff when they were getting buried. Tennessee's game plan, no clue what they were doing.

I just said, multiple times, he may not be the greatest OC to grace the NFL. The jury is still out.

And "retarded" numbers? He's 15th in QBR, very average TD/INT. Maybe you need to take a second look at those. He's got a lot of yards, which I've said 900 thousand times that are the most overrated facet of a QBs game.

I'm not even directing my comments at you, you dumb fucking idiot. Chill out. I didn't even mean to quote your last post.

Last edited:
Why are you even putting up these lists? I never said he was a top 10 player in the league lol. Are you high?

I was showing more than 10 QBs listed within the top 100. Which means hes not a top 100 player or a top 10 QB.

Sorry I didn't 100% spoon feed it to you.

Monster, serious question. Why does Tony get a free pass for calling people "dumb f'ing idiots?" Is it because it's built into his act he's allowed to insult others like that?

It's really tough to have serious conversations with posters who simply cannot avoid insults. Beyond childish.

And QBR is the most overrated stats possible. Try again...nobody cares about them lol. His completion % is up and he's finishing drives. Something that he's been ridiculed for years on.

Good on him. Said multiple times he's not the biggest problem this season. But he's not the god-like figure you portray him as.

Monster, serious question. Why does Tony get a free pass for calling people "dumb f'ing idiots?" Is it because it's built into his act he's allowed to insult others like that?

It's really tough to have serious conversations with posters who simply cannot avoid insults. Beyond childish.

Baaaaahahahahaaaaaa look at this guy!!! Waaaaahhhh Monster waaaaaahhh Monster....Tony is calling me names lololol. Do you hear yourself?? You're fkn pathetic

Back