Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Election Aftermath

"Bud Light can do whatever he wants, and so can we. That's why it's America."

Mark Twain or Sylvia Plath. (I always get them mixed up)

It's just a little dumb to buy the product you're protesting, even if it's just to shoot at it with your gun. steal it. or go to the factory and shoot it up.

It's just a little dumb to buy the product you're protesting, even if it's just to shoot at it with your gun. steal it. or go to the factory and shoot it up.

Equally dumb to destroy an inanimate object, purchased, or stolen, or borrowed, in protest of people's actions. There's a lot of that going around these days.

Last edited:
Equally dumb to destroy an inanimate object, purchased, or stolen, or borrowed, in protest of people's actions. There's a lot of that going around these days.

It's an implied threat of violence, and I suppose some doing it recognize that all too well and fully intend the message they think they're sending, and others don't.

If they want to actually use violence against the source of their anger here, good luck taking on a multi-national conglomerate with small arms. And they know that.

I'm sure AB InBev's marketing and finance guys saw their sales slipping with college-educated yuppies and figured the boost they get from this more than offsets any sales slump against relatively-less wealthy rural folk. And the kind of people that would buy beer cans and shoot them as some sort of protest won't even remember why they were so upset about Bud Light in a week or two, and so any sales slump will be short lived.

Plus they know trans- or gay people will bear the brunt of any actual violence that results from this, even if indirectly (easier to "punch down"), so they really don't have anything to worry about.

Once I wanted to steal ?Steal this Book? just to take in in my backyard to shoot it up.

But I didn?t.

Then a couple or so years ago Netflix streamed ?The Trial of the Chicago Seven? and Borat played Abbie Hoffman and I thought to myself, I thought ?damn, I should have stole that book ?Steal this Book? back when I was thinking of that and shot that book up.?

Once I wanted to steal ?Steal this Book? just to take in in my backyard to shoot it up.

But I didn?t.

Then a couple or so years ago Netflix streamed ?The Trial of the Chicago Seven? and Borat played Abbie Hoffman and I thought to myself, I thought ?damn, I should have stole that book ?Steal this Book? back when I was thinking of that and shot that book up.?

I'm familiar with the book, but not its contents. Did you ever read it? Perhaps you might have benefited from reading it, before shooting it.

You're not a gun owner yourself though, right? You'd have to mention you borrowed your wife's gun (which would be hilarious to mention that in a video before blasting away)

It's an implied threat of violence, and I suppose some doing it recognize that all too well and fully intend the message they think they're sending, and others don't.

If they want to actually use violence against the source of their anger here, good luck taking on a multi-national conglomerate with small arms. And they know that.

I'm sure AB InBev's marketing and finance guys saw their sales slipping with college-educated yuppies and figured the boost they get from this more than offsets any sales slump against relatively-less wealthy rural folk. And the kind of people that would buy beer cans and shoot them as some sort of protest won't even remember why they were so upset about Bud Light in a week or two, and so any sales slump will be short lived.

Plus they know trans- or gay people will bear the brunt of any actual violence that results from this, even if indirectly (easier to "punch down"), so they really don't have anything to worry about.

The Wharton-Harvard-Educated VP of Marketing for BL who started with only a trust fund and her own bedroom with ensuite from birth apparently wants to create BL in Her own image and likeness. And the beer needs to "attract" "younger drinkers," she said, as if her "target" (see what I did there?) audience is comprised of nameless consumers (which, to her, it is).

But the millstone about her neck is the NAME OF THE BEER: BUD. Good luck attracting "women" with that name. And that women don't drink nearly as much beer.

?As the first woman to lead the biggest beer brand in the world, it?s an amazing opportunity to really evolve and elevate Bud Light, this brand I love,? says Heinerscheid.​

And the push for BL to attract women is not at all novel. LINK

I think that BL should produce an ad where the beer shoots back.

Last edited:
I'm familiar with the book, but not its contents. Did you ever read it? Perhaps you might have benefited from reading it, before shooting it.

You're not a gun owner yourself though, right? You'd have to mention you borrowed your wife's gun (which would be hilarious to mention that in a video before blasting away)

I did read it. I?m not a gun owner and I didn?t shoot it up. It was a good read. I also read Jerry Rubin?s book, ?Do It.? Also a good read.

We have discussed a pretty good movie, ?the trial of Chicago seven? on this board. A good film. One man?s terrorist is another man?s freedom fighter.

I?m a little bit caught up on the Bud Light controversy. Classic example of how not to sell something. Pick the most divisive, controversial thing you can and make it your moniker. You?re going to piss off both Kid Rock and President Joe Biden. Nice job.

The Wharton-Harvard-Educated VP of Marketing for BL who started with only a trust fund and her own bedroom with ensuite from birth apparently wants to create BL in Her own image and likeness. And the beer needs to "attract" "younger drinkers," she said, as if her "target" (see what I did there?) audience is comprised of nameless consumers (which, to her, it is).

But the millstone about her neck is the NAME OF THE BEER: BUD. Good luck attracting "women" with that name. And that women don't drink nearly as much beer.

?As the first woman to lead the biggest beer brand in the world, it?s an amazing opportunity to really evolve and elevate Bud Light, this brand I love,? says Heinerscheid.​

And the push for BL to attract women is not at all novel. LINK

I think that BL should produce an ad where the beer shoots back.
hmmm... I did not know any of that.

Now I'm reconsidering my assumption that AB InBev knows what it's doing here. You're right... women aren't big beer drinkers, and especially not BUD drinkers, and especially ESPECIALLY NOT the type of women they're apparently courting here, who drink first to show status and second to get drunk.

This MAY blow up, not because there's any sensible reasoning on any side, but because of bad marketing tactics and strategy by AB InBev. She'll probably fail from this though. or get fired and write some idiotic tell-all...

Kinda reminds me of an instance earlier in my career where a woman who climbed very rapidly to the top of the nebulous marketing/strategy dept guiding the company (my employer) had an exquisite multi-media walk-through presentation made. I remember the section on "our customer" being particularly insane, since the customer profiles she had were three rich-ish yuppies under age 30, with money to blow. I recall one of them was a "a daughter of a Fortune 500 CEO." These were like the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of our typical customer. like she could not have been farther off.

And alarmingly, none of my colleagues noticed this. i was the only one...

hmmm... I did not know any of that.

Now I'm reconsidering my assumption that AB InBev knows what it's doing here. You're right... women aren't big beer drinkers, and especially not BUD drinkers, and especially ESPECIALLY NOT the type of women they're apparently courting here, who drink first to show status and second to get drunk.

Well she was behind a recent ad where Miles Teller and his wife are dancing to on-hold music with cans of Bud Light in their hands.

This MAY blow up, not because there's any sensible reasoning on any side, but because of bad marketing tactics and strategy by AB InBev. She'll probably fail from this though. or get fired and write some idiotic tell-all...

Maybe if she wants Bud Light to be more inclusive, she can start by telling the brewers to make it taste good.

Kinda reminds me of an instance earlier in my career where a woman who climbed very rapidly to the top of the nebulous marketing/strategy dept guiding the company (my employer) had an exquisite multi-media walk-through presentation made. I remember the section on "our customer" being particularly insane, since the customer profiles she had were three rich-ish yuppies under age 30, with money to blow. I recall one of them was a "a daughter of a Fortune 500 CEO." These were like the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of our typical customer. like she could not have been farther off.

And alarmingly, none of my colleagues noticed this. i was the only one...

Yeah, I get that ... having read too many brand-strategy manifestos that agencies charge insane amounts of money to create for (mostly car companies) who generate these personas from thin air as the market it is targeting, and the vast difference in observing who actually drives their cars.

I did read it. I?m not a gun owner and I didn?t shoot it up. It was a good read. I also read Jerry Rubin?s book, ?Do It.? Also a good read.

We have discussed a pretty good movie, ?the trial of Chicago seven? on this board. A good film. One man?s terrorist is another man?s freedom fighter.

I?m a little bit caught up on the Bud Light controversy. Classic example of how not to sell something. Pick the most divisive, controversial thing you can and make it your moniker. You?re going to piss off both Kid Rock and President Joe Biden. Nice job.

I don't think those two are actually that far apart.

There's more of a gulf between Kid Rock and Bernie.

Well she was behind a recent ad where Miles Teller and his wife are dancing to on-hold music with cans of Bud Light in their hands.
I think I actually saw that one. I thought it was okay, as far as ads go. Points for being somewhat original, although, yeah, like you pointed out earlier, I doubt such people drink Bud Light.

Maybe if she wants Bud Light to be more inclusive, she can start by telling the brewers to make it taste good.

It may not be possible. But even if possible, I just can't see that happening.

Yeah, I get that ... having read too many brand-strategy manifestos that agencies charge insane amounts of money to create for (mostly car companies) who generate these personas from thin air as the market it is targeting, and the vast difference in observing who actually drives their cars.

ugh. yeah. I have many painful memories of observing corporate incompetence, or outright malfeasance first hand. Including anyone with contracting power basically getting more-or-less openly bribed by contractors/software providers/hardware providers/ad agencies etc. to sign bad contracts. And no one doing squat about it.

A substantial part of the reason I can't stomach people who advocate handing over more power to corporate America, or who disparage gov't/public sector work as inefficient by comparison... maybe it is, but the alternative is just as bad, and we can't vote out corporate CEO's or other factotems when they fuck up.

Last edited by a moderator:
A substantial part of the reason I can't stomach people who advocate handing over more power to corporate America, or who disparage gov't/public sector work as inefficient by comparison... maybe it is, but the alternative is just as bad, and we can't vote out corporate CEO's or other factotems when they fuck up.

I submit that we can't vote out those entrenched in the alphabet government positions who actually complete the work of the government; they need to be terminated (insofar as holding that position) and the letters "scattered to the wind."

That will not happen anytime soon. There's a scene in Yellowstone where Governor of Montana John Dutton fires his "policy team" and "makes his own policy." Those people.

This is why America fucking blows right now. The 2 party system has created this political war against each other that's trickling down to her people via these shitty media outlets that don't report news... just hate. Fox news had Jr rich on like 3 different shows the other day just so he could talk about how his woke ass had canceled bud light lol. No one gave a flying fuck about Jr rich before this... he's completely irrelevant. So you have these feelings about a topic and you feel the need you have to go on tv to talk about it? Shut the fuck up. If you want to cancel something go ahead.... but keep it to yourself. How is that news? That's now the people that live in America... that's the news/ media that lives in America. And this is why America is now a piece of shit country.

This is why America fucking blows right now. The 2 party system has created this political war against each other that's trickling down to her people via these shitty media outlets that don't report news... just hate. Fox news had Jr rich on like 3 different shows the other day just so he could talk about how his woke ass had canceled bud light lol. No one gave a flying fuck about Jr rich before this... he's completely irrelevant. So you have these feelings about a topic and you feel the need you have to go on tv to talk about it? Shut the fuck up. If you want to cancel something go ahead.... but keep it to yourself. How is that news? That's now the people that live in America... that's the news/ media that lives in America. And this is why America is now a piece of shit country.

Hughes, this is but the one ant on the kitchen counter. The nest is teaming with infestation lies beneath. And there's only one political party: The Statist Party. With its state-run media.

Like Howard Beale said "turn them off!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HQTNZRmJdg

Last edited:
The reason we Republitards stopped buying Bud Light has nothing to do with Kid Rock - HE likes us, we don?t really like him.

Bud Light was Obama?s beer of choice. He had it at that stupid teachable moment beer summit and he had Bud Light on national TV at the All Star Game in Chicago. I can?t find the clip but I remember watching it. That?s why we stopped buying Bud Light.

Now we buy Miller Natural Light, ?Natty Light,? because it?s fancy, like us. Like Applebees, on a date night?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G_zuB-ogIBw

I had no idea it was Barack's preferred brew. I thought we "boycotted" Bud Light on the grounds that it didn't taste very good. I can't remember the last time I had one though.

I need to become more of a consumer so I can participate in these boycotts - I don't follow NFL football or NBA basketball, so I couldn't boycott those. I didn't own one of those Yeti coolers everyone was blowing up a couple years ago. I only fly 2x per year most years and my local airport is dominated by United and Jet Blue so I couldn't boycott whatever airline that was (Delta maybe?) that got people trying to boycott them. I don't drink Bud Light (or Miller Light or Coors Light). My favorite session beer is Blue Point Toasted Lager which was purchased by AB/Inbev about 9 years ago but I'll probably keep buying it because it's delicious and there aren't any controversial celebs on the cans. Plus I go through a 15 pack about every 2-3 months so I doubt AB/Inbev would feel the impact even if I did switch. We still have Netflix but we're probably getting rid of that because we've seen most of what we want and their prices keep going up - paying more for something we're watching less doesn't make much sense.

Edit: we did cancel Disney+ because of their woke programming. I heard season 3 of the Mandalorian isn't very good so I don't really regret it and come to think of it, Netflix is pulling a bunch of that crap with their programming as well and that's at least part of why we're going to cancel our subscription. I guess I haven't missed every opportunity to cancel something...

Last edited:
Back