Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Lions @ Chiefs *Thursday Night* Thread

Good hard fought win. Need someone to pass rush other than Hutch. Secondary got it together in the 2nd half. Need to incorporate gibbs more.... love when him and montgomery are on the field together. Wrs aren't impressive other than Ra.

If Hutch gets that type of push against QBs on the rest of the schedule, it will be a very fun season. Mahomes made it look easy but that pocket was busy.

Massive win. People can downplay it all they want, but we were still underdogs going in. Every single Lions team in our history folds in this game, but this one didn't.

Just a sign that we can finally believe.

They downside to these prime time games...if they win it's hard to go to sleep and if they lose it's hard to go to sleep. But much better to be awake with a win.

More gibbs please but montgomery made me forget jamaal already

Massive win. People can downplay it all they want, but we were still underdogs going in. Every single Lions team in our history folds in this game, but this one didn't.

Just a sign that we can finally believe.

Very well said.

Every damn team since ?91 folded in big games. Home and road. We had some teams that were better than average and beat some decent teams??but we just beat the defending champs??.and THIS years Super Bowl favorites??AT THEIR HOUSE.

Probably biggest win since playoff win vs Dallas.

Funny to re read the comments here. Went from we suck to we're good back to we suck and finally everyone is happy again. Lol

Reactions: 503
Lions didnt even play their best and won

That is the crazy thing

14 offensive points. How many times have we skewered the offense and campbell and goff and wrs when scoring 14

Defense is a beautiful thing

Last edited:
We cannot get too drunk on this win. It's the first of 17. We better be ready to beat the Seahawks or everyone will forget this.

I tip my hat to the guys they gutted it out for sure.

They downside to these prime time games...if they win it's hard to go to sleep and if they lose it's hard to go to sleep. But much better to be awake with a win.

I have to work my part time gig Friday with a 5 am wake up call. Yikes

So

I moved some furniture around in basements to start the game. Then I got hot.
So I put this huge fan in me. I was pretty cold soon. So I turned it off. At one time
I put it in the other room. Lions started to play bad. I?d go get the fan. They
Started to play good. Finally after the pick 6 it was time to be cold.

We cannot get too drunk on this win. It's the first of 17. We better be ready to beat the Seahawks or everyone will forget this.

I tip my hat to the guys they gutted it out for sure.

You?re right.

Too drunk isn?t good.

But a little drunk is okay.

It?s been a while since the Lions beat the reigning Super Bowl Champs - nor even the NFL Champs going back to before Super Bowl era - on the opening game of the season.

It?s nice.

So

I moved some furniture around in basements to start the game. Then I got hot.
So I put this huge fan in me. I was pretty cold soon. So I turned it off. At one time
I put it in the other room. Lions started to play bad. I?d go get the fan. They
Started to play good. Finally after the pick 6 it was time to be cold.

Okay.

You need to do all this every Lions game.

It?s obviously the reason the Lions scored this epic victory.

Back