Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Lions @ Chiefs *Thursday Night* Thread

Funny to re read the comments here. Went from we suck to we're good back to we suck and finally everyone is happy again. Lol

I was very frustrated with the 3rd down play calling and I thought we should maul the chiefs earlier then we did. Hell first play of the game was a 7 yard run. Neither team was great on third down. With Jones out I thought we had a clear advantage up the middle.

Det 5-15
Kc 5-14. The 3rd 17 should be cleaned up soon .

Last edited:
Worth a listen.
Both teams didn?t play well especially on offense.
Both defenses are greatly improved.
Kc missed Kelce more then Jones.
Ben Johnson?s play calling subpar in spots.

https://youtu.be/JSamorJd6pA

Last edited:
Holy crap.

St Brown took the SAT?s in
German,french and English .

This was from 6 or 7 days. I hate how mike brings up Jacksonville and Pittsburgh but forgets
To say how the Lions smashed Jacksonville.

https://youtu.be/zqR3qAqrXLY

Last edited:
Branch 1st pick 6 by a rookie since My all time favorite #20 Lem Barney in his rookie season I think

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I thought the game was fixed for the chiefs until the end. That RT was getting away with false starts all game long - literally almost every passing play and was never even lined up properly. Add that to Aidan getting held all game and I thought we had no chance. The curveball for me was them actually getting called for holding and false start on the last drive. Not sure what took so long.

I'll be honest, I thought the game was fixed for the chiefs until the end. That RT was getting away with false starts all game long - literally almost every passing play and was never even lined up properly. Add that to Aidan getting held all game and I thought we had no chance. The curveball for me was them actually getting called for holding and false start on the last drive. Not sure what took so long.

You aren't alone there. I was perusing the NFL subreddit, which has an enormous game thread. I know it's popular to hate on the Chiefs because of all their success but fans from every single team were screaming about the RT the entire game. I've never seen anything like that before. He was dropping early and he was in an illegal formation on nearly every passing down.

It was ridiculous how that tackle was lining up.

I'm hearing on the Radio this morning Tirico said we won with a
Damm asterisks ? Wtf Mike ?

Jesus all Pft is talking about is the Chiefs drops so far going on 30 minutes to start the broadcast. They will be talking about the Kc linemen. They said at the beginning it was over 30-40 plays. I am at lunch. Let?s see how long they talking about Kc cheating. Have to watch the rest when I get home.
Later after 4pm.

Last edited:
I hated our defensive strategy to be honest. Rush 1 Hutch. Benito Jones would stand up and get blown off the ball 3 yards every play. I saw Houston in coverage more than in the backfield. We sat back and dared mahomes to pick us apart... and luckily all of his WRs dropped the ball lol.

I hated our defensive strategy to be honest. Rush 1 Hutch. Benito Jones would stand up and get blown off the ball 3 yards every play. I saw Houston in coverage more than in the backfield. We sat back and dared mahomes to pick us apart... and luckily all of his WRs dropped the ball lol.

Luck or not 1-0 baby!

Jesus all Pft is talking about is the Chiefs drops so far going on 30 minutes to start the broadcast. They will be talking about the Kc linemen. They said at the beginning it was over 30-40 plays. I am at lunch. Let?s see how long they talking about Kc cheating. Have to watch the rest when I get home.
Later after 4pm.

I watched the entire game. KC did have a shit ton of drops. One led to the pick 6.

I didn't notice any "KC Cheating"

I watched the entire game. KC did have a shit ton of drops. One led to the pick 6.

Rewatch the RT. He's lined up too deep and starting half a second before the snap. The only time he got called for it was KC last drive, but he did it a majority of pass plays.

I dont get where the "cheating" is coming from. The tackle was definitely breaking a rule or 2, but its on the ref to call it. Either way, every time the tackle lined up too far back it was a tip that they were passing. So if anything, it probably hurt them more than helped.

Back