Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I think MSU fans hit rock bottom

I'm not surprised uofm fans remember '04 the way they do but the difference in that game was stanton, not edwards - if it wasn't for Stanton getting hurt and being replaced by Damon Dowdell who couldn't get a first down to save his life those edwards plays would have just been garbage points.

Breh, it was a 17 point lead halfway through the 4th. You're not supposed to lose that game and if you do, you can't blame it on your QB (unless he throws multiple INTs, in which case I'd be wondering why he's throwing the ball in the first place).

it's not like stanton getting injured was just "bad luck" either. he wasn't big, durable, or particularly fast. the way he kept scrambling to extend drives and move the ball, it was practically inevitable he'd get planted into the groubd by our defense sooner than later.

I'm not surprised uofm fans remember '04 the way they do but the difference in that game was stanton, not edwards - if it wasn't for Stanton getting hurt and being replaced by Damon Dowdell who couldn't get a first down to save his life those edwards plays would have just been garbage points.

I remember it a certain way because all I saw was the 4th Q and OT, like I said. I didn't watch the game and only knew State was up because I saw the score on the scoreboard at Folsom during CU vs UT

MSU was up by 17 with 8:43 left in the game. Then Edwards destroyed them.

You act like MSU didn't score after Stanton left the game. He got injured in the first half where MSU put up 17 points. MSU scored 10 in the 2nd half and 10 in the OTs. Your defense just couldn't stop Braylon.

He put up 17 points in the first half w/ 80 yards rushing and a TD and 95 yds passing until he got body slammed by a frustrated defense. In the second half, dowdell couldn't do squat. The 4th qtr touchdown came off a 64 yard run Dowdell had nothing to do with. Edwards finally scored a couple TDs against the prevent defense.

He put up 17 points in the first half w/ 80 yards rushing and a TD and 95 yds passing until he got body slammed by a frustrated defense. In the second half, dowdell couldn't do squat. The 4th qtr touchdown came off a 64 yard run Dowdell had nothing to do with. Edwards finally scored a couple TDs against the prevent defense.

Maybe you should cry about it a bit? Probably feel better about it after.

it's not like stanton getting injured was just "bad luck" either. he wasn't big, durable, or particularly fast. the way he kept scrambling to extend drives and move the ball, it was practically inevitable he'd get planted into the groubd by our defense sooner than later.

Stanton was 6'3" and 230lbs - as big as or bigger than most big tailbacks. He ran a 4.65 forty and averaged 6.7 yds per carry despite being not "particularly fast" against your defense that according to you always "inevitably" injures large, fast athletic people who tear them up for 80 yds on just 12 carries. You know as much about football as you do about economics.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/drew_stanton_116290.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=10197&draftyear=2007&genpos=QB

I think the OP speaks to the state of the two football programs, UM fans say that MSU fans hit rock bottom because of a thread on a message board, UM fans then commiserate about the continual rock bottom state their program has been in since Lloyd Carr left, like a series of kicks to the groin that last 7 years.

We're coming off a rose bowl and cotton bowl win (plus a final four in basketball) so you have to resort to message board antics to somehow devalue MSU fans. In reality our rock bottom was the end of the JLS era in 2006.

It's funny to see the things the ego resorts to in order to feel superior.

The OP wasn't talking about the state of either program. He was talking about the obsession of MSU fans with Michigan. Why would MSU fans have a thread on Michigan's BBQ? It's pretty stupid.

The OP wasn't talking about the state of either program. He was talking about the obsession of MSU fans with Michigan. Why would MSU fans have a thread on Michigan's BBQ? It's pretty stupid.

Sbee just made my thread

I remember it a certain way because all I saw was the 4th Q and OT, like I said. I didn't watch the game and only knew State was up because I saw the score on the scoreboard at Folsom during CU vs UT

I was at the game and remember it well. Wind was blowing like crazy and I had big $ on the under which was good up until the 3rd overtime. It was crazy - like watching 4 completely different games - 1h, 3rd qtr, 4th qtr and OT.

I don't know, the term "rock bottom" was thrown a lot by Michigan fans comparring their rock bottom and those examples were all on the field.

Of course MSU fans are concerned about what's going in with their rivals, why wouldn't we be? i'm not justifying every thread or post on the RCMB but you act as if an interest in what's going on with a rival program is something to be mocked. I've never looked at Mgoblog but I'd assume there are a number of threads about MSU, especially since this is the offseason and it's a slow time for CFB news.

I was at the game and remember it well. Wind was blowing like crazy and I had big $ on the under which was good up until the 3rd overtime. It was crazy - like watching 4 completely different games - 1h, 3rd qtr, 4th qtr and OT.

we all love hearing stories about the bets you place on games, can you please tell us more? also, do you play fantasy football? I'd love to hear about your team.

Is it any more stupid than uofm fans having a thread about msu fans having a thread about uofm then saying they're obsessed but you're somehow not?

Back