Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I think MSU fans hit rock bottom

This is a pretty good thread although I still can't figure out what Harbaugh's preference in mustard is.

That said I don't get what the link is about.

I have big money on yellow - only pays 3-5 because he's from the midwest and midwest rubes aren't into fancy mustard.

Stanton was 6'3" and 230lbs - as big as or bigger than most big tailbacks. He ran a 4.65 forty and averaged 6.7 yds per carry despite being not "particularly fast" against your defense that according to you always "inevitably" injures large, fast athletic people who tear them up for 80 yds on just 12 carries. You know as much about football as you do about economics.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/drew_stanton_116290.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=10197&draftyear=2007&genpos=QB

huh. he sure didnt play that big or that fast against us. especially when we planted him into the ground.

So here we sit, in a thread about obsessing over obsessions and denying that we're obsessed with one another while obsessing over the other. Great.

FWIW, I'd probably be embarrassed and make excuses about why my team didn't win after holding a 4th quarter lead half way through the 4th.

So, the only reason Michigan lost in Columbus last year is because Drake Johnson got hurt. Everyone knows his backups were nowhere near as good or as effective. Ya. That's why they lost!

Smells like football season

Saw that State coach 'Mike' Dantonio was just on SportsCenter

Mike ....

So disrespectful!

FWIW, I'd probably be embarrassed and make excuses about why my team didn't win after holding a 4th quarter lead half way through the 4th.

to be fair, they weren't very good that year, and we were... they overachieved for 3 1/2 Qs that day.

the more embarassing loss for them was '05. remember that? I think we started the season 2-2, en route to an injury-riddled 7-5 season. it was at state; they had beat ND, and put up 60+ on Illinois the week before. no one knew yet how retarded JLS was. all over the espn boards their fans were confident they would blow us out.

So here we sit, in a thread about obsessing over obsessions and denying that we're obsessed with one another while obsessing over the other. Great.

So, the only reason Michigan lost in Columbus last year is because Drake Johnson got hurt. Everyone knows his backups were nowhere near as good or as effective. Ya. That's why they lost!

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about the 2005 season really, we were terrible under JLS, we were lucky to be in the game and the better team won. Do I think we would have won the game with Stanton being healthy? it's not a guarantee but I'd like our chances a hell of a lot more with him than Damon Dowdell.

Regardless back then, beating Michigan was something that was rare for us. When you had a chance to win and didn't you just kicked yourself because you didn't know when you'd have the opportunity again. Now that it's been commonplace in recent years, we don't worry about it that much. There was that 12-10 game between two pretty bad teams a few years ago, we lost, it sucked, but it felt different. Nobody likes losing to a rival but it's easier when you know you're likely to win the next year.

to be fair, they weren't very good that year, and we were... they overachieved for 3 1/2 Qs that day.

the more embarassing loss for them was '05. remember that? I think we started the season 2-2, en route to an injury-riddled 7-5 season. it was at state; they had beat ND, and put up 60+ on Illinois the week before. no one knew yet how retarded JLS was. all over the espn boards their fans were confident they would blow us out.

But if it wasn't for Stanton getting hurt, we would have had no hope. No matter how good we were. Stanton had led them to an insurmountable seven point lead by halftime.

But if it wasn't for Stanton getting hurt, we would have had no hope. No matter how good we were. Stanton had led them to an insurmountable seven point lead by halftime.

Interesting paraphrase, in reality our chances of winning were much better with our 1st string qb than our 2nd, I don't really think that's up for debate. Even more interesting is that you're reveling in the glory days of beating MSU in 2005.

Interesting paraphrase, in reality our chances of winning were much better with our 1st string qb than our 2nd, I don't really think that's up for debate. Even more interesting is that you're reveling in the glory days of beating MSU in 2005.

I'm not reveling. I just have a memory.

Back