Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lou Holtsssschzz

He's a good runner but the Denver D has some incredibly good athletes that most other teams do not have and if Cam gets rattled early on, I'd expect to see him sulk a bit and the immaturity show.

I think Stewart is the key to the game for CAR and if they can get the read option going and control the clock.

I agree. I think both defenses are key. Carolina's D is really damn good as well. Kuechly, Davis and Norman are awesome. I just wish Peanut Tillman was able to play in the game. I've always been a fan of his and it sucks he has to sit on the sideline of what is probably his last shot at a Super Bowl ring.

Manning has to continue to be a game manager. If he tries to force things downfield to make a play, it is deep trouble for Denver. He got away with a god awful pass to Sanders against New England. Butler should have picked it, but Sanders bailed Manning out big time. Cant' really take that risk against Carolina's D.

Fuck the Panthers - they won't know what hit them. Denver is like the gritty SEC team that played tougher competition and closer games and CAR is like the Pac-12/Oregon Ducks team that looks great by playing lesser teams with no defense.

I have no dog in this hunt, but Carolina did dominate Seattle and Arizona in the playoffs.

I have no dog in this hunt, but Carolina did dominate Seattle and Arizona in the playoffs.

Sort of. And both teams are weaker than New England and Cinci. Minny had Seattle beaten and Denver went 4-0 vs the NFC North..

Anyone calling for a blowout like Mike Greenberg is, is an idiot and hasn't watched many games this year.

I agree. I think both defenses are key. Carolina's D is really damn good as well. Kuechly, Davis and Norman are awesome. I just wish Peanut Tillman was able to play in the game. I've always been a fan of his and it sucks he has to sit on the sideline of what is probably his last shot at a Super Bowl ring.

Manning has to continue to be a game manager. If he tries to force things downfield to make a play, it is deep trouble for Denver. He got away with a god awful pass to Sanders against New England. Butler should have picked it, but Sanders bailed Manning out big time. Cant' really take that risk against Carolina's D.

I think what's lost on many who aren't as close to the Broncos as I am (and other fans, clearly) is that the offense and Manning is totally different now under Kubiak. John Fox is as bad a head coach as there is in the NFL and Manning literally ran the team - practices, everything.

Under Kubiak, it's about ball control and play action. While Manning is no Flacco or Rodgers when it comes to mobility and the play action, it's no longer the 5-wide shotgun/pistol dink and dunk that SEA feasted on.

I'd expect a lower scoring game with TDs coming from the Defenses and/or Special Teams rather than some 42-37 shootout.

Sort of. And both teams are weaker than New England and Cinci. Minny had Seattle beaten and Denver went 4-0 vs the NFC North..

Anyone calling for a blowout like Mike Greenberg is, is an idiot and hasn't watched many games this year.

As a Pats fan, I can say that Carolina is better than New England. Our o-line was a dumpster fire and that's where they get the nod from me. That's killer in the NFL. Brady could only make up for that supreme deficiency for so long. Edelman being less than 100% killed us as well.

I expect a low scoring, defensive battle on Sunday. Neither offense is overly impressive.

Last edited:
As a Pats fan, I can say that Carolina is better than New England. Our o-line was a dumpster fire and that's where they get the nod from me. That's killer in the NFL. Brady could only make up for that supreme deficiency for so long. Edelman being less than 100% killed us as well.

I expect a low scoring, defensive battle on Sunday. Neither offense is overly impressive.

No argument here. I think the Pats are the most overrated team in the league year in and year out and had they beaten the Broncos, no way in hell that Mike Greenberg is calling for a Panthers blowout along with everyone else in Bristol.

The storyline would be how the genius combo of Belichick and Brady would be able to confuse young Master Newton and gameplan an Offense that would get GronkaDonk the ball on every play and it would be magnificent!

Okay ...enough. I've hardly posted anything about the SB but I'm fucking going and I've been a diehard Broncos fan my entire life. Carolina may win ...hell, wouldn't be the first time as a Broncos fan to be let down in the big game.

But I think SB48 stings and so many factors a lining up for the Broncos ...not the least of which is that NOBODY in the national media is even giving them a chance..

and that's what was said before playing Green Bay, New England (both times), Cinci and Pittsburgh.

I hope CAR is as cocky Sunday at kickoff as they have been all week with the media

No argument here. I think the Pats are the most overrated team in the league year in and year out and had they beaten the Broncos, no way in hell that Mike Greenberg is calling for a Panthers blowout along with everyone else in Bristol.

The storyline would be how the genius combo of Belichick and Brady would be able to confuse young Master Newton and gameplan an Offense that would get GronkaDonk the ball on every play and it would be magnificent!

Okay ...enough. I've hardly posted anything about the SB but I'm fucking going and I've been a diehard Broncos fan my entire life. Carolina may win ...hell, wouldn't be the first time as a Broncos fan to be let down in the big game.

But I think SB48 stings and so many factors a lining up for the Broncos ...not the least of which is that NOBODY in the national media is even giving them a chance..

and that's what was said before playing Green Bay, New England (both times), Cinci and Pittsburgh.

I hope CAR is as cocky Sunday at kickoff as they have been all week with the media

Well you can think the Pats are as overrated as you want, but they have been the best team over the past 15 years.

Good luck to you and your Broncos Sunday. My best friend is a Donkeys fan as well so I might be nice and halfheartedly root for a win for him, but probably not. Living in Indianapolis has driven me to hate Manning fans. I don't want to see them celebrating like the Colts just won the Super Bowl.

If I'm you, Vic, I like my chances. Ever notice how the team that everyone writes off is usually the one that wins? Last year, the year before, both NE v. NY super bowls. Nobody is giving Denver a chance.

I don't think I'm even going to watch the Super Bowl; I often haven't, or at least not the whole thing.

I really didn't watch the conference championships; I watched movies on TV and checked in on the scores during the commercials.

I don't think I'm even going to watch the Super Bowl; I often haven't, or at least not the whole thing.

I really didn't watch the conference championships; I watched movies on TV and checked in on the scores during the commercials.

But how can you miss Beyonce and Coldplay at halftime? My excitement is palpable.

I'm mostly going to drink some beer and play air hockey on Sunday during our party. Whatever happens in the game is secondary.

But how can you miss Beyonce and Coldplay at halftime? My excitement is palpable.

I'm mostly going to drink some beer and play air hockey on Sunday during our party. Whatever happens in the game is secondary.

This what Al Gore gave us the internet for, and subsequently, the internet gave us youtube.

Or I could DVR it, and watch Lady Gaga singing the national anthem - pretty stoked about that - then fast forward through the game to the commercials and also the halftime show.

This what Al Gore gave us the internet for, and subsequently, the internet gave us youtube.

Or I could DVR it, and watch Lady Gaga singing the national anthem - pretty stoked about that - then fast forward through the game to the commercials and also the halftime show.

Sorry I was being sarcastic.

I do not care for Coldplay and Beyonce told me years ago that she doesn't think I'm ready for her jelly.

Probably that.

I respect Shanahan and love that he won back-to-back SuperBowls with the Broncos but I think his time has come/gone and the stint in DC proves it.

Although your sister might have as many issues with Dan Snyder, the meddling owner, if she's being honest. That dude ruined RG3 and the team under Shanny by forcing him in as starter.

I don't follow NFL so I didn't know any of that would be why she hates him. Oops. LOL!

I don't follow NFL so I didn't know any of that would be why she hates him. Oops. LOL!

Jessica, you should start following the Bengals since you live so close and then you could have your heart ripped out twice a year when M loses to OSU again then when the Bengals find new and more spectacular ways to implode!

I'll be watching as Carolina blows Denver out

Not that I'm rooting for it. I don't care what happens.

Jessica, you should start following the Bengals since you live so close and then you could have your heart ripped out twice a year when M loses to OSU again then when the Bengals find new and more spectacular ways to implode!

I have a long-sleeved Bengals shirt I bought on my way to a game -- last minute plans so I'm halfway there! ;)

Well you can think the Pats are as overrated as you want, but they have been the best team over the past 15 years.

Good luck to you and your Broncos Sunday. My best friend is a Donkeys fan as well so I might be nice and halfheartedly root for a win for him, but probably not. Living in Indianapolis has driven me to hate Manning fans. I don't want to see them celebrating like the Colts just won the Super Bowl.

I give full props to NE for all the success and don't loathe and hate Brady like some Broncos fans do and yes, the best team over the past 15yrs or so.

And the only team both Belichick and Brady have losing records against is Denver. But it's never mentioned ...its "Brady vs Manning" and like you, I can't stand "Manning fans" and we have plenty here now ...like Tebow fans, only not exactly..

But they're not Broncos fans and I sure as hell was rooting for the Saints against Manning and the Colts and hated the Colts during the Manning era and pulled for New England. And much of - the vast majority of - the Brady vs Manning thing is Pats vs Colts ...

But that's old news .....we're on to Carolina!

(Get it)

I give full props to NE for all the success and don't loathe and hate Brady like some Broncos fans do and yes, the best team over the past 15yrs or so.

And the only team both Belichick and Brady have losing records against is Denver. But it's never mentioned ...its "Brady vs Manning" and like you, I can't stand "Manning fans" and we have plenty here now ...like Tebow fans, only not exactly..

But they're not Broncos fans and I sure as hell was rooting for the Saints against Manning and the Colts and hated the Colts during the Manning era and pulled for New England. And much of - the vast majority of - the Brady vs Manning thing is Pats vs Colts ...

But that's old news .....we're on to Carolina!

(Get it)

:cheers:

Denver has been New England's best competition and it's been fun for my best friend and me to watch together over the years. Going back to 2001, the series was tied 7-7 heading into this season. We muffed the first one in Denver and then the o-line decided to get Brady killed. 9-7 in your favor meow.

Homefield for the third game in a row for you guys next season. Brady vs The Giraffe Part Deux.

Back