Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

Well, Harlond Beverly is off the board. He committed to Miami FLa over a host of other schools including Michigan and Michigan State.

GT candidate Justin Pierce is visiting AA this weekend.

Heard something about Wagner's little brother last week. Anything new on him?

Heard something about Wagner's little brother last week. Anything new on him?

Last I saw is a blurb floating around that says JB is going to visit him in Germany next week. Wagner has stated he's going to make a decision this summer on whether he'll stay pro in Germany or come play college ball.

new 2019 target

https://247sports.com/Player/Nahshon-Hyland-46047821/

no offer yet, Michigan is showing interest.

Great playmaker, shoots 41% from three, range out to 25 feet, and he's a 6'3" PG. 247 recently moved him to #69 in their top 100.

Sign him up, JB.

Hyland may have accidentally told everyone Poole's plans. "Michigan. They said they have an open spot because their shooting guard is staying in the draft," he said.

Last edited:
Great playmaker, shoots 41% from three, range out to 25 feet, and he's a 6'3" PG. 247 recently moved him to #69 in their top 100.

Sign him up, JB.

Hyland may have accidentally told everyone Poole's plans. "Michigan. They said they have an open spot because their shooting guard is staying in the draft," he said.

Yeah, I think most sane people knew that Poole was staying in the draft.

I hope Wagner makes up his mind faster.

Wagner and this guy Hyland would be great

Yeah, I think most sane people knew that Poole was staying in the draft.

I hope Wagner makes up his mind faster.

Wagner and this guy Hyland would be great

Hyland is pretty skinny, so he may not be able to play right away. All the potential is there, so he is worth bringing in. I would be ecstatic if we had another lengthy PG.

Hyland is pretty skinny, so he may not be able to play right away. All the potential is there, so he is worth bringing in. I would be ecstatic if we had another lengthy PG.

Being too skinny is not an excuse for not having a guy ready to play right away.

Beilein can cook for him, and add extra lard to all his meals for the next 6 months, while also making him drink protein shakes & weight gainer after workouts.

There is no reason a freshman should not be able to play right away, or play as well as an experienced, fully grown 22 year old senior right off the bench.

Being too skinny is not an excuse for not having a guy ready to play right away.

Beilein can cook for him, and add extra lard to all his meals for the next 6 months, while also making him drink protein shakes & weight gainer after workouts.

There is no reason a freshman should not be able to play right away, or play as well as an experienced, fully grown 22 year old senior right off the bench.

Or he could just put him on roids like Zion is...

I appreciate your sarcasm. :cheers:

Justin Pierce is going to make his decision public at Noon today (5/2)

I don't know how I feel about this one.

He picked UNC.

I'm going to say that this wasn't a big disappointment. I've mentioned that I think Michigan would be better off adding 1 or 2 actual recruits (depending on Iggy's decision), rather than a grad transfer.

I'm going to say that this wasn't a big disappointment. I've mentioned that I think Michigan would be better off adding 1 or 2 actual recruits (depending on Iggy's decision), rather than a grad transfer.

Hoping we can get Franz Wagner and Hyland if Iggy leaves, which he is leaning towards.

Heck this mock draft has Iggy at 25 to Portland, and Poole at 32 to New York..
Charles does not even make this draft. So I guess Poole and Iggy made the right a dec not decision even though if Poole stayed another year he probably gets into the first
Round.

https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2019/

Last edited:
Grad transfer Jaevin Cumberland from Oakland is the newest target emerging. Saddi Washington coached at Oakland when Cumberland was recruited along with his first year in the program.

He consistently made every type of perimeter shot last season: off the dribble, off the catch and on the move off of screens. Shot over 33% from all primary 3-point spots 50% from right corner, 36% from left corner, 45% from left wing, and 33% from right wing. The wing areas include the left/right portion of the top of the key. Shot 40% from three overall.

He's not great on defense, so Yak would have to really coach him up.

Last edited:
Back