Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

My Inner Trump

I applaud you guys for stepping up and trying to make this douche do the right thing. I am a lot poorer than you folks but if he pays I will throw in $20 to someone ringing the bell for Salvation Army.

I'm sure there's some well educated lawyers on this board that can settle this

Who Profits from Your Donations.

A good reminder with the holiday giving season ahead.

As you open your pockets to do a good thing and make yourself feel good, please keep the following facts in mind:

The American Red Cross
President and CEO Marsha J. Evans'
salary for the year was $651,957 plus expenses

MARCH OF DIMES
It is called the March of Dimes because
only a dime for every 1 dollar is given to the needy.

The United Way
President Brian Gallagher
receives a $375,000 base salary along with numerous expense benefits.

UNICEF
CEO Caryl M. Stern receives
$1,200,000 per year (100k permonth) plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE.Less than 5 cents of your donated dollar goes to the cause.

GOODWILL Industries
CEO and owner Mark Curran profits $2.3 million a year.
Goodwill is a very catchy name for his business.
You donate to his business and then he sells the items for PROFIT.
He pays nothing for his products and pays his workers minimum wage! Nice Guy.
$0.00 goes to help anyone!
Stop giving to this man.

Instead, give it to ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
GO "GREEN" AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE IT WILL DO SOME GOOD:

Lions Club International
100% OF DONATIONS GO TO HELP THE BLIND,BUY HEARING AIDES, SUPPORT MEDICAL MISSIONS AROUND THE WORLD. THEIR LATEST UNDERTAKING
IS MEASLES VACCINATIONS (ONLY $1.00 PER SHOT).

The Salvation Army
Commissioner, Todd Bassett receives a small salary of only
$13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.
96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause.

The American Legion
National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary.
Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!

The Veterans of Foreign Wars
National Commander receives a$0.00 zero salary.

The Disabled American Veterans
Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth! The Military Order of Purple Hearts

The Vietnam Veterans Association

Make a Wish:For children's last wishes.
100% goes to funding trips or special wishes for a dying child.

St. Jude Research Hospital
100% goes towards funding and helping Children with Cancer who have no insurance and can
not afford to pay.

Ronald McDonald Houses
All monies go to running the houses for parents who have critical Children in the hospital.
100% goes to housing, and feeding the families.

The above info was sent to me by a friend.

I don't come on this board that often, I heard and read about this bet, and did not like reading what went down in the last 2 or so weeks afterwards. As much as it is between the two posters, discussed with me from three respected posters here, it still speaks volumes about a lack of integrity to the person that isn't collecting the lost wager, and to everyone else that is here daily. That is obvious from the posts in a few threads since.
It was wrong, unethical, and so on.

if it does happen again, not that anyone would want to take a bet with this poster without thinking twice, and a future lost bet is not payed, that poster will be dealt with.
Do the Right Thing..............

KC...great post. My dad was at one time the CFO at Kellogg's Lancaster plant (that's how we ended up out here, he got transferred from Battle Creek), and one of his duties was deciding which charities would receive funds from Kellogg's. I'll never forget him telling me about these things when I was a kid. At that point in time The United Way was the worst and The Salvation Army was the charity where the majority of the money went to where it should. Looks like things haven't changed all that much. Good info and food for thought....

I looked up the chain email that was sent with the charities CEO pay on it. The Salvation Army CEO makes way more than that. American Red Cross looks right but I cant remember the rest. Not that matters but people should look into who they donate too.

i will donate one-thousand dollars to a charity determined by majority vote of the board members if "tsmith" finally man's up and lives up to his word and pays elrod the $1,000 he clearly bet him and still owes him.

extensive documentation of the wager can be found in the thread entitled, smitty, courtesy of redandguilty.

I will pay via paypal or will provide photographic evidence of the one-thousand dollar charitable contribution as i am a real man and my word is true.

So come on, tliar ---

come on ....

bump

$1330

TheVictors - $1000
elrod - $200
Tinsel - $100
JScott - $20
erg57 - $10

One-Thousand Three-Hundred and Thirty Dollars waiting to be put to good use by a Charitable Organization if only ....

tsmith was a Man who had Integrity and whose word wasn't as useless as a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

Come on scrub - pay elrod what you owe him.

TheVictors - $1000
elrod - $200
Tinsel - $100
JScott - $20
erg57 - $10

One-Thousand Three-Hundred and Thirty Dollars waiting to be put to good use by a Charitable Organization if only ....

tsmith was a Man who had Integrity and whose word wasn't as useless as a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

Come on scrub - pay elrod what you owe him.

I'll throw in $10 as well, I'll back what ever charity you want to send it to. If you need my Paypal info or anything, just shoot me a message.

If you want to be charitable throw in that money anyway. I'm sure some organization can use 1300+ bucks.

Last edited:
I'm always very charitable every year, have already donated a fair amount of money to various organizations in 2012 and felt this was a great opportunity to both benefit a charity as well as to embarass tsmith and call him out for being a fraud.

Last edited:
Do you think TSmith cares? I'd let Elrod take care of it. Maybe they can work it out amongst themselves.

Make it $1355!!!

tsmith should care Mitch ....any self-respecting Man would care that his word means something. And elrod didn't ask me to find my Inner Trump ...I did it voluntarily.

And think about it, it's pretty funny. Using a Trump ploy to punk the guy who guaranteed a Romney win MONTHS ago ...to the extent he wagered $1000.

Clearly elrod has already won the bet and everyone knows it.

Make it $1355!!!

tsmith should care . tch ....any self-respecting Man would care that his word means something. Andeldd didn't ask me to find my Inner Trump ...I did it voluntarily.

And think about it, it's pretty funny. Using a Trump ploy to punk the guy who guaranteed a Romney win MONTHS ago ...to the extent he wagered $1000.

Clearly elrod has already won the bet and everyone knows it.

Unless his real name is T. Smith and you all know him I doubt he cares much. Yes, he won (elrod). But you can't force him to honor it and i doubt the courts would either.

And betting with a guy you don't know in RL, probably not smart.

It's obvious now that tsmith hates charities.

not unless Kid Rock donates to them.

maybe if we raise enough money here, we can hire Kid Rock to pen a tsmith hate song.

he would be crushed.

Maybe we could hire a small plane from Willow Run to fly around Clarkston for a while pulling a banner reading, "tsmith is a welcher" in the name of charity...?

Back