Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official Free Agency Signings

We were Super bowl caliber this year. Refs cost us a great chance.

Detroit is on par with Seattle, Green Bay, Patriots and Indy for Super Bowl contention.

no they weren't. They were barely playoff caliber.

no they weren't. They were barely playoff caliber.

11-5 is not barely playoff caliber. That is almost number 1 seed this year, one game. They matched up well with Seattle (stopping run and Wilson can't pass that well) and they beat Green Bay this year. We were Super bowl caliber if not for the refs.

Detroit is on par with Seattle, Green Bay, Patriots and Indy for Super Bowl contention.

So wouldn't you want to go to Indy.

Have Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee in your division instead of super caliber packers?
If winning should be the most important thing, to me it would make sense to go there.

giphy.gif

So wouldn't you want to go to Indy.

Have Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee in your division instead of super caliber packers?
If winning should be the most important thing, to me it would make sense to go there.

I'd want to beat the best. Detroit owns GB at Ford Field. We'll get them at Lambeau soon.

The Lions were nowhere near as good as New England, who was barely better than Seattle (and who beat Seattle about as effectively as Dallas beat Detroit). Detroit is not on the same level as those two teams, has yet to prove it can beat GB outside of Detroit (where they will almost always play them considering GB consistently wins more games), and won exactly one game against teams with a winning record (GB at home). There's almost no evidence to suggest Detroit was a superbowl caliber team given the competition.

Edit: Detroit played 5 of the 6 NFC playoff teams last year, and also the AFC/Superbowl champ. They lost to EVERY SINGLE one of those playoff teams at least once, scratching out a single win against GB in Detroit. Based on history (that is, the actual results of play last year), Detroit would have been ousted in the first round no matter who they played. They were nowhere near Superbowl caliber.

Last edited:
Detroit was better than Seattle and could be Pats on neutral field.

Detroit has more overall talent than GB.

As the day goes own your comments become more and more out there. Early morning they are borderline reasonable, by end of the day, it's like you are just spewing shit just to make crazy ass statements.

More talent, but couldn't transform into division title, home playoff game and 1st round bye. Caldwell failed in that scenario.

I would agree with this, except at one position -- QB. In case you didn't know, that's kind of important in this game.

There is no evidence that any of this is true. All three of those teams were better by the numbers and the eye-test. The Pats demolished Detroit at NE, a far more convincing victory than Detroit had over any decent team in Detroit.

There is no evidence that any of this is true. All three of those teams were better by the numbers and the eye-test. The Pats demolished Detroit at NE, a far more convincing victory than Detroit had over any decent team in Detroit.

Detroit had a much better defense. Detroit has the most talent on offense.

Investing. he is friends with Warren Buffett. I'm sure Suh is filthy rich not needing an extra 20 million.

all the on the field explosions and driving cars fast and stupid put aside.....atleast you don't hear about him blowing a ton of money in strip clubs and the likes. As if that's something to be proud of. but still....you don't hear much about that sort of thing from Suh. Hes got character flaws for sure....but you don't hear much about him mishandling his money.

Of course they do. That's why they were in the bottom 3rd in points scored.

Investing. he is friends with Warren Buffett. I'm sure Suh is filthy rich not needing an extra 20 million.

And you think WB is telling him that extra dollars don't matter? Hedging bets is a necessity with stock markets. WB has lost enough money on poor stocks to tell Suh how having more to invest is the smart play.

Fans think playersbowe them or the team something, when reality is the reverse. I would never fault a player for looking out for their best interest. For a rare few,that can mean staying with their team, but the vast majority are better off going with the highest bidder

Fans think playersbowe them or the team something, when reality is the reverse. I would never fault a player for looking out for their best interest. For a rare few,that can mean staying with their team, but the vast majority are better off going with the highest bidder

Exactly. At the end of the day it's not the fans you go home to. It's your wife and kids. They come first, long before the fans. The fans aren't even a distant second.

Fans will love you one day and hate your guts the next. 50% of the fans on this board that have defended Suh for his "dirty plays" will be talking about how dirty he has always been next season when he's in a different uni.

Fans are fickle. You get the best deal you can for your family, and send your kids to a great college. It's all about the money. Fuck the fans and the team.

The punter can send his kid to college. We are talking about the difference between 17 and 20 million. At some point, it's ridiculous. You guys are making it sound like they have to scrounge around for the best deal so they can somehow feed their family.

I get the money is a massive part of the pie, but wanting to win a title with a better team should come into play at some point.

The punter can send his kid to college. We are talking about the difference between 17 and 20 million. At some point, it's ridiculous. You guys are making it sound like they have to scrounge around for the best deal so they can somehow feed their family.

I get the money is a massive part of the pie, but wanting to win a title with a better team should come into play at some point.

3 million dollars a season for 5 years is 15 million bucks. Do you even fathom how much money that is? Don't act like it's mox-nix here man. That's a shitload of cheddar.

3 million dollars a season for 5 years is 15 million bucks. Do you even fathom how much money that is? Don't act like it's mox-nix here man. That's a shitload of cheddar.

It's like the difference between $300 and $500. Or maybe between $30 and $50. It's better but in the long run, really doesn't matter much. Considering the bonus, the money he's already made to Suh it's peanuts.

It's relative man. Once you make that much money, what more does a few million do for you??

Back